Jump to topic:

Sports are stupid and play an important role

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2015 10:05:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Competitive sports are idiotic. They're not about bettering yourself or team work, they're about bribery, corruption and hate of other's countries. If Italy wins a football match against the UK, a couple of englishmen will go ahead and push an italian in front of a train. It gets covered up, of course, but this is the extent of politics.

Self-improving sports are good. Solo running, swimming, biking, mountainclimbing, even just walking. Those are character building.

Throwing bananas at black players you like is certainly not productive and downright idiotic. A lot of women's sports only exist since they wear tight small shorts and men go to see that.

If sport was sport, it would be done for fun and with fairblay, not sucking off the referee or paying enough to feed africa for ten years to a single player who can kick a leather ball (made by a bunch of chinese slaves).
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2015 8:16:16 AM
You are making the assumption that bettering you self is one of the most important things in our lives.
Sport is about competion and today that has become by any means fair or foul.
Country labels like flags have become symbols of nationalism proof that we are better than anyone else. The truth is that huge resources have been pushed into sports far beyond what is warrentable in terms of common sense. Each nation is represented by a hand-picked group of experts. who bear no resembalance to the general population.
If anything proves the stupidicy of mankind the status of worship given to sports does.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2015 9:19:22 PM
At 8/7/2015 10:05:16 PM, smelisox wrote:
Competitive sports are idiotic. They're not about bettering yourself or team work, they're about bribery, corruption and hate of other's countries. If Italy wins a football match against the UK, a couple of englishmen will go ahead and push an italian in front of a train. It gets covered up, of course, but this is the extent of politics.

Self-improving sports are good. Solo running, swimming, biking, mountainclimbing, even just walking. Those are character building.

Throwing bananas at black players you like is certainly not productive and downright idiotic. A lot of women's sports only exist since they wear tight small shorts and men go to see that.

If sport was sport, it would be done for fun and with fairblay, not sucking off the referee or paying enough to feed africa for ten years to a single player who can kick a leather ball (made by a bunch of chinese slaves).

I love sports. NFL; NBA; NHL; MLB; and sometimes Soccer. (the EPL is the best). and I rarely watch females. maybe tennis once in awhile. or the gymnasts in the Olympics. and not for the reason you said. Sports is also my livelihood, if you count CrossFit as being one, which it certainly is. we have the best athletes anywhere. so your post sounds like its written by somebody who never played team sports in school. the kid who always got picked last. am I close? if I am, well, Im sorry. I can smell your sour grapes all the way from here in CAL. and if Im wrong I also am sorry. LOL. God Bless--
Tomorrow's forecast: God reigns and the Son shines!
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 9:40:59 AM
At 8/17/2015 9:19:22 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

I love sports. NFL; NBA; NHL; MLB; and sometimes Soccer. (the EPL is the best). and I rarely watch females. maybe tennis once in awhile. or the gymnasts in the Olympics. and not for the reason you said. Sports is also my livelihood, if you count CrossFit as being one, which it certainly is. we have the best athletes anywhere. so your post sounds like its written by somebody who never played team sports in school. the kid who always got picked last. am I close? if I am, well, Im sorry. I can smell your sour grapes all the way from here in CAL. and if Im wrong I also am sorry. LOL. God Bless--

Props for ignoring your coaches probably called black people monkeys.
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2015 6:24:28 PM
At 8/19/2015 9:40:59 AM, smelisox wrote:

english please?
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2015 8:24:15 AM

Normally I would disagree with someone who says sports suck, but you make some valid points. Match fixing has been a major issues in European football, with players like Joey Barton of QPR committing violent acts on the pitch and really lowering g the quality of the game (There is some debate over whether the Man City QPR match from 2012 was rigged and Barton intentionally committed a red card)

Most of these violent acts of fans are committed in matches against other countries. Some major example include Croatia spraying racist and obscene phrases on their pitch before a match against Italy, and Serbia and Albania each flying drones and injuring fans during their match.

As for solo sports, I do not think they are much better. Tennis has had its own match fixing issues, and Cycling has been in deep trouble with doping for a while now.
Ashton
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 6:37:15 AM
At 8/19/2015 6:24:28 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

english please?

So you're good at kicking little balls of leather but not understanding basic english sentences? Nice.
robertacollier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 9:20:24 AM
Competitive sports are idiotic.

So is this thread.

They're not about bettering yourself or team work, they're about bribery, corruption and hate of other's countries. If Italy wins a football match against the UK, a couple of englishmen will go ahead and push an italian in front of a train. It gets covered up, of :course, but this is the extent of politics.

You just made that up, you cock sucker.

Competitive sports are "self-improving" too.

Throwing bananas at black players you like is certainly not productive and downright idiotic.

Blacks don't eat bananas anyway. Mostly chittlings and Colt 45.

A lot of women's sports only exist since they wear tight small shorts and men go to see that.

Is that a problem? Are you a fancy boy?

If sport was sport, it would be done for fun and with fairblay, not sucking off the referee

Sucking off the referee? Is that Freudian for you?

or paying enough to feed africa for ten years to a single player who can kick a leather ball (made by a bunch of chinese slaves).

Liberal wuss.
robertacollier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 9:47:24 AM
At 8/23/2015 9:22:06 AM, smelisox wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com...

That's not a story about a Wop being pushed into a train. It's about a bunch of dumbasses giving a hard time to a colored man.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 9:52:02 AM
At 8/23/2015 9:47:24 AM, robertacollier wrote:

That's not a story about a Wop being pushed into a train. It's about a bunch of dumbasses giving a hard time to a colored man.

A hard time? He was pushed in front of a train. Guess that constitutes a "hard time" in your fucked up, retarded world.
robertacollier
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 8:28:26 PM
At 8/23/2015 9:52:02 AM, smelisox wrote:
At 8/23/2015 9:47:24 AM, robertacollier wrote:

A hard time? He was pushed in front of a train. Guess that constitutes a "hard time" in your fucked up, retarded world.

They kept him from getting on the train, not letting him thru the doors. That's hardly your pushing him "in front of a train."
August_Burns_Red
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2015 10:02:48 PM
At 8/23/2015 6:37:15 AM, smelisox wrote:
At 8/19/2015 6:24:28 PM, August_Burns_Red wrote:

english please?

So you're good at kicking little balls of leather but not understanding basic english sentences? Nice.

kicking little leather balls? ya mean soccer? No..not a soccer player. Baseball was my game. These days I do crossFit, mainly. It's all I need to stay in great shape. Oh and I swim a couple times a week. And surf when I get the chance. But no, never played soccer except for fun, years ago. I appreciate the skills of the pros though.

God Bless.