Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 7:18:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/4/2010 2:40:48 PM, comoncents wrote:
How is your team doing?

We beat Norfolk State 31 - 0 :)

How has your team done?

Lol, okay? They won. Next we play Florida International on 9/11. I'm predicting we win that game. Next we play North Carolina and I'm not sure if we'll have what it takes to beat them. They only lost to LSU by 6 points, and that includes them having 12 of their starters out last game :/

Then we play Tulane and I'm hoping for a W. Same with Army. I have no idea what to expect vs. Pittsburgh and Connecticut, but I really hope we do well (win!) all of our Big East conference games... which is all of them except for Army, Tulane, NC and Florida (and Norfolk State).

That's 13 games overall. I predict winning 4 out of 5 non conference games, and at least 3 conference games (hey I'm just being realistic) making it a season of 7-6. Of course I hope I am wrong and we win more than that, but I wasn't impressed with the team in the opening game considering we didn't pick up speed until the 3rd quarter (defense was SOLID; offense was blah) and our opponent wasn't supposed to be a real challenge. I guess we'll see. GO KNIGHTS!
President of DDO
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 11:34:40 AM
At 9/4/2010 2:40:48 PM, comoncents wrote:
How is your team doing?

1-0; Beat SFA 48-7

How has your team done?

Well at this point doing and done are the same thing :P. Regardless, they played ok. As far as the offense goes, I have two main concerns: a young offensive line (especially a freshman left tackle) and a lack of ability to pound the ball up the middle when they needed to. Granted, the two are probably related. I think that the freshman has the strength to play, but there were too many times where the DE was able to just run around him. That definitely needs to be fixed. It was very encouraging to see how error-free the offense was. 99 plays from scrimmage with only 1 false start and no turn-overs. As far as play-calling, it was decent I suppose, taking advantage of the shovel pass, a welcome development. However, whenever they did try to run inside, they ran the exact same trap play, multiple times in a row. While the back may not move, the effectiveness of the blocking depends on misdirection, which is lost if you use it over and over again. Also, I would have liked to see them run the option. Jerrod is good enough to do it and so are both of their backs. The one time they even hinted at it was a fake option that was a reverse.

The defense showed much improvement, showcasing an aggressiveness I have not seen in a while. They had great run defense for much of the game, but some sloppy tackling led to some gains anyway. Considering the caliber of QB they were going up against the pass defense was good, getting a pick six. However, there were too many times where guys were wide open over the middle, especially after play-action.

After this, we play Louisiana Tech and FIU, which should both be easy wins. Really, with a possible exception of of a tough Razorbacks team, we should win everything to the last 4 games of the season, where you have OU at home, Baylor away, Nebraska at home and t.u. away. Not to be a homer, but I have to give us the edge against OU simply because the game is at Kyle Field instead of at Norman. After recent history, A&M has no excuse to underestimate Baylor so that should be a win. Nebraska, is basically the same situation as OU and I believe we will beat that other school in Austin. The nation saw what Jerrod can to do them last year, and the defense should be much improved and looking to take revenge by the end of the year
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:22:33 AM
BEST GAME OF THE WEEK: Boise State vs. Virginia Tech

Holy balls, Batman! That game was fuggin amazing and completely lived up to the hype. Boise State completely dominated in the first quarter (17 points), and then I had to go out so I missed the second. I turned it back on in the 3rd and Virginia had cut Boise's lead to just a few points. Then they both struggled until eventually VA Tech took the lead in the 4th.

The Broncos got the ball back with under 1:30 on the clock. Kellen Moore was so poised, confident and cool. I dunno how they did it, but they rallied back at the end on a great drive that gave them the win over VA by just a field goal (3 points, not 1). I was incredibly impressed by the Broncos and will be really concerned if they don't come close to the BCS this year. The thing is that the rest of their season is complete crap; the only quasi hard team they have is Oregon on 9/25 and even that's a stretch considering they aren't that great. The rest of their games will be a breeze.

Bronco's QB Kellen Moore reminds me of a young Drew Brees; Tyrod Taylor the QB from V Tech reminds me a lot of a young Donovan McNabb. Taylor was spectacular last night, leading VA in rushing yards and completing a lot of big passes. Austin Pettis the WR on the Broncos had an INCREDIBLE night (2 TDs, blocked punt, big plays). Their WR Young is also explosive, as were their backs. I was just overall so impressed by Boise State. Admittedly I wasn't watching during the part where VA Tech caught up so I'm not sure who's responsible aside from Taylor just being really great.
President of DDO