Jump to topic:

Tim Tebow Cut by Eagles

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2015 5:35:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 6:02:04 AM
Thank God (no pun intended). Now I don't have to deal with that drama from people.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 4:25:16 PM
At 9/6/2015 6:02:04 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Thank God (no pun intended). Now I don't have to deal with that drama from people.

There are a good number of New York Jets fans where I live...I had to deal with it for an entire year.

You're lucky.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 4:42:40 PM
At 9/6/2015 4:25:16 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

There are a good number of New York Jets fans where I live...I had to deal with it for an entire year.

You're lucky.

Yeah, it's just so annoying to constantly hear people who think that he's the second coming of Christ arguing against people who think that he's a spokesman for the Taliban. He's either an idiot, or an opportunist who uses ostentatious displays of faith to garner support amongst so-called Christian fans, who obviously don't know that engaging in such displays was explicitly discouraged by Christ himself.

"Therefore when thou givest thine alms, thou shalt not make a trumpet to be blown before thee, as the hypocrites do in the Synagogues and in the streets, to be praised of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.

But when thou doest thine alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth,

That thine alms may be in secret, and thy Father that seeth in secret, he will reward thee openly.

And when thou prayest, be not as the hypocrites: for they love to stand and pray in the Synagogues, and in the corners of the streets, because they would be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.

But when thou prayest, enter into thy chamber: and when thou hast shut thy door, pray unto thy Father which is in secret, and thy Father which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

[...]

Lay not up treasures for yourselves upon the earth, where the moth and canker corrupt, and where thieves dig through and steal.

But lay up treasures for yourselves in heaven, where neither the moth nor canker corrupteth, and where thieves neither dig through nor steal.

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. "
- Matthew 6 -
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 4:49:59 PM
At 9/6/2015 4:42:40 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 9/6/2015 4:25:16 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

You're lucky.

Yeah, it's just so annoying to constantly hear people who think that he's the second coming of Christ arguing against people who think that he's a spokesman for the Taliban. He's either an idiot, or an opportunist who uses ostentatious displays of faith to garner support amongst so-called Christian fans, who obviously don't know that engaging in such displays was explicitly discouraged by Christ himself.

He would be the one who doesn't know such displays were discouraged.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:40:23 PM
At 9/6/2015 5:02:20 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
Tebow and Michael Sam are proof that the US hates Christians and gays.

Lol, the US just hates obnoxious people, which both of them were. Jesus Christ, I'm gay and the whole Michael Sam thing annoyed me.
- Hilaire Belloc -
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:41:00 PM
At 9/6/2015 9:40:23 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Lol, the US just hates obnoxious people, which both of them were. Jesus Christ, I'm gay and the whole Michael Sam thing annoyed me.

I was kidding...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:42:59 PM
At 9/6/2015 9:41:00 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

I was kidding...

I know, I was further expanding on why what you were saying was deserved mockery. Hence the 'lol'.
- Hilaire Belloc -
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:50:57 PM
At 9/6/2015 9:42:59 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I was kidding...

I know, I was further expanding on why what you were saying was deserved mockery. Hence the 'lol'.

Got it. I personally enjoy watching the media circus around players like Tebow and Lin. I find it hilarious to see their diehard fan base insist they are amazing, and get super defensive and angry when they don't play. It's just funny to watch for some reason. I guess it wouldn't be as funny if they were on my team and I had to deal with their delusional fans, lol.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 9:53:22 PM
At 9/6/2015 9:50:57 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 9/6/2015 9:42:59 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I was kidding...

Got it. I personally enjoy watching the media circus around players like Tebow and Lin. I find it hilarious to see their diehard fan base insist they are amazing, and get super defensive and angry when they don't play. It's just funny to watch for some reason. I guess it wouldn't be as funny if they were on my team and I had to deal with their delusional fans, lol.

Yeah, that was the most annoying thing for me. I don't know much about football, but it seems like the general consensus is that both players are mediocre at best, and that the fandom is entirely ideology-driven.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Huntress
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2015 2:08:02 AM
Professional sports is one of the most capitalistic things in this country. If he doesn't measure up, then he's gone. It's about the performance.