Jump to topic:

For the SEC...

AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2015 4:13:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
A lot of talk in the last year or two has been leading to the idea that the SEC is losing its superiority. I am hoping that this first week has suppressed any of those thoughts. After this week, the SEC has thoroughly dominated its first week games (except Vanderbilt) and the PAC 12, Big 10, and Big 12 have struggled to win half of their games. SEC is here to stay ladies and gentlemen.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 4:31:36 AM
At 9/6/2015 4:13:28 AM, AdamEsk wrote:
A lot of talk in the last year or two has been leading to the idea that the SEC is losing its superiority. I am hoping that this first week has suppressed any of those thoughts. After this week, the SEC has thoroughly dominated its first week games (except Vanderbilt) and the PAC 12, Big 10, and Big 12 have struggled to win half of their games. SEC is here to stay ladies and gentlemen.

Oklahoma 31 Tennessee 24

Oklahoma vs. Tennessee
Winner: Oklahoma

2013-2014
Oklahoma vs. Alabama
Winner: Oklahoma

TCU vs. Ole Miss
Winner: TCU

Ouch...
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 5:16:21 AM
WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooPig Sooie!

Snort... :-)
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 5:52:45 PM
At 9/13/2015 5:16:21 AM, Sooner wrote:
WoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooPig Sooie!

Snort... :-)

Rocky flop too.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 4:55:14 PM
Posted: 11 months ago

Well another hater here now lies in a pit of shame. The SEC has set yet another record these past few weeks. They won 8 bowl games in a single season, and a combined 15 in two years. Are you kidding me. They have beaten the crap out of everybody in the post season run. Florida and Tex AM had some misfortunes, but they both had decent records and nobody expected The Gators to be as good as they are right now. But they are in spite of that lost to Michigan. Comments. =)
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 1:54:48 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 1/4/2016 4:55:14 PM, inferno wrote:

Well another hater here now lies in a pit of shame. The SEC has set yet another record these past few weeks. They won 8 bowl games in a single season, and a combined 15 in two years. Are you kidding me. They have beaten the crap out of everybody in the post season run. Florida and Tex AM had some misfortunes, but they both had decent records and nobody expected The Gators to be as good as they are right now. But they are in spite of that lost to Michigan. Comments. =)

The SEC and Pac 12 sure got favorable bowl draws this year. LSU Texas Tech and Kansas State Arkansas were mismatches when they were scheduled. You could make the same argument for NC State and Mississippi State. Georgia Penn State was also a gimme game for the SEC. The only 2 teams from the SEC that were impressive were Alabama and Tennessee. Sure Auburn won by 21 over Memphis, but that had more to do with the Tigers playing like garbage than Auburn doing anything special.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2016 9:09:23 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/6/2016 1:54:48 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

The SEC and Pac 12 sure got favorable bowl draws this year. LSU Texas Tech and Kansas State Arkansas were mismatches when they were scheduled. You could make the same argument for NC State and Mississippi State. Georgia Penn State was also a gimme game for the SEC. The only 2 teams from the SEC that were impressive were Alabama and Tennessee. Sure Auburn won by 21 over Memphis, but that had more to do with the Tigers playing like garbage than Auburn doing anything special.

That is false. Pac 12 sucks bigtime and dont have anything to actually talk about at the moment. The South runs college football as you already know. Alabama is the gold standard in this forum. And again, the SEC wins when it counts. The record speaks for itself. Tell your teams to join the SEC if you want to see how good your picks really are. =)
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:13:50 PM

Look at who lets say, the Big 12 played in bowls. Now look at who the SEC played in bowls...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:18:42 PM
So I looked it up.
The SEC had wins over Northwestern, NC State, and Memphis

The worst team the Big 12 played was Arizona State.

pretty easy sledding for the SEC. how do they get all those favorable matchups again? Oh yeah, they play only the SEC and don't play the PAC 12.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:06:35 PM
At 1/26/2016 11:13:50 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Look at who lets say, the Big 12 played in bowls. Now look at who the SEC played in bowls...

Lets look at who the champion is. Who in your squad can beat Alabama when it counts. When you start winning championships again, then we can talk.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 2:26:21 AM
Notice the common thread in these national championships. It's not the SEC. It's Alabama and/or Nick Saban.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2016 2:40:11 AM
It's like saying the old Big 12 was superior to all other conferences from 2000-2005. No it wasn't. Oklahoma and Texas were dominant, and they were dominant alone. The other 10 teams had nothing to do with their dominance.

I've always been baffled by the SEC! SEC! Chants from nonAlabama schools. I'm like,"Why don't you just start chanting "Crimson Tide!"

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 9:55:17 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/4/2016 2:40:11 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's like saying the old Big 12 was superior to all other conferences from 2000-2005. No it wasn't. Oklahoma and Texas were dominant, and they were dominant alone. The other 10 teams had nothing to do with their dominance.

I've always been baffled by the SEC! SEC! Chants from nonAlabama schools. I'm like,"Why don't you just start chanting "Crimson Tide!"

No it is not. The SEC has restarted its quest for domination once again. And well the Big 12 is just what they have been for over a decade now. And that's irrelevant.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2016 10:08:16 PM
At 2/11/2016 9:55:17 PM, inferno wrote:

No it is not. The SEC has restarted its quest for domination once again. And well the Big 12 is just what they have been for over a decade now. And that's irrelevant.

Without Saban and Alabama, the SEC's got nothing.

As for the Big 12, I'm not a Big 12 fan and think they are weak for now. I used them randomly to show the worst team they played in bowl season was Arizona State. The SEC played many teams worse than ASU. They should win. All they play generally as a conference is the ACC out of conference, which has been notoriously weak most years. They never play the PAC 12 in bowls. The only way they meet up is if in the playoff. It's set up for their success. Everyone knows it.

You say the Big 12 is irrelavent, but the Oklahoma team beat Tennessee by more than any SEC team this year and in Knoxville.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 5:58:08 PM
At 2/11/2016 10:08:16 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

As for the Big 12, I'm not a Big 12 fan and think they are weak for now. I used them randomly to show the worst team they played in bowl season was Arizona State. The SEC played many teams worse than ASU. They should win. All they play generally as a conference is the ACC out of conference, which has been notoriously weak most years. They never play the PAC 12 in bowls. The only way they meet up is if in the playoff. It's set up for their success. Everyone knows it.

You say the Big 12 is irrelavent, but the Oklahoma team beat Tennessee by more than any SEC team this year and in Knoxville.

False. Oklahoma !? Rollsaround on floor laughing. Is that the best you guys can give us here in the South ? Bama would crush them. Sorry, you also lost to an ACC team named Clemson actually 3 times. Seems you havent made it from A to Z in a while. Time is running out. SEC is on a roll.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 5:59:27 PM

And Oregon didnt get the job done either. Please with that Pac 12 crap.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:03:07 PM
At 2/17/2016 5:58:08 PM, inferno wrote:

False. Oklahoma !? Rollsaround on floor laughing. Is that the best you guys can give us here in the South ? Bama would crush them. Sorry, you also lost to an ACC team named Clemson actually 3 times. Seems you havent made it from A to Z in a while. Time is running out. SEC is on a roll.

Alabama is 0-3 against Bob Stoops and Oklahoma. The last time the Tide had been #1all year but lost to Auburn on a fluke play. Stoopsy seems to be the Tide's kryptonite.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:02:09 PM
At 2/17/2016 6:03:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:08 PM, inferno wrote:

Alabama is 0-3 against Bob Stoops and Oklahoma. The last time the Tide had been #1all year but lost to Auburn on a fluke play. Stoopsy seems to be the Tide's kryptonite.

Again. What has your team done as of lately. Nothing. =)
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2016 6:07:15 PM
Beat Alabama.