Jump to topic:

NFL Upcoming Season

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 8:02:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think there's going to be a lot of changes to look forward to this season that will surely shake up the NFL a bit :)

For one thing, I feel like my Jets finally stand a chance (I'm a NY Giants/Jets fan for those who don't know). I also really like the Saints -- they've always been my wifey's favorite team so she got me into them, plus I just really love Drew Brees so much and the rest of their team (Shockey, a former Giant, is one of my favorite players). Though the Saints haven't been given a lot of love in upcoming season predictions despite their phenomenal season last year and of course the Superbowl Win.

Apparently the Dolphins are a team to look out for, being ranked even above the Pats I believe. I haven't been keeping tabs on the Dolphins so I dunno. I think the NFC East is still a really good division, especially with McNabb now on the Redskins. There are some new players to keep an eye on (Bradford! TEBOW!) and just overall a lotta big changes... I dunno... I'm excited. This is gonna be a great season :)
President of DDO
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 8:09:12 AM
At 9/7/2010 8:02:22 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I think there's going to be a lot of changes to look forward to this season that will surely shake up the NFL a bit :)

For one thing, I feel like my Jets finally stand a chance (I'm a NY Giants/Jets fan for those who don't know). I also really like the Saints -- they've always been my wifey's favorite team so she got me into them, plus I just really love Drew Brees so much and the rest of their team (Shockey, a former Giant, is one of my favorite players). Though the Saints haven't been given a lot of love in upcoming season predictions despite their phenomenal season last year and of course the Superbowl Win.

Apparently the Dolphins are a team to look out for, being ranked even above the Pats I believe. I haven't been keeping tabs on the Dolphins so I dunno. I think the NFC East is still a really good division, especially with McNabb now on the Redskins. There are some new players to keep an eye on (Bradford! TEBOW!) and just overall a lotta big changes... I dunno... I'm excited. This is gonna be a great season :)

Can't wait for Tom Brady to beat them in the ground!
kfc
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:41:58 AM

Well the Dolphins beat the Jets.... Twice last year and they're led by the next Tom Brady, aka Chad Henne. Their only key loss was Ted Ginn, but they picked up Brandon Marshall, so they'll wreck the division and Henne'll beat the Jets again.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 1:21:32 PM
At 9/7/2010 12:58:32 PM, Loserboi wrote:
I am not joking I truly believe it is our time

Bah ha ha ha!!! Thanks for the laugh.
kfc
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 1:55:39 PM
At 9/7/2010 1:21:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/7/2010 12:58:32 PM, Loserboi wrote:
I am not joking I truly believe it is our time

Bah ha ha ha!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Why do you laugh... It is completely plausible that we can win the superbowl this year
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 2:11:35 PM
At 9/7/2010 12:57:53 PM, Loserboi wrote:
49ERS ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yep

Alex Smith is going to lead the charge? (or better yet David Carr, lol)

Yeah.......

There is a reason QB is often called the most important position in the game

I believe the Texans, however, have a legit shot
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 2:31:45 PM
At 9/7/2010 2:11:35 PM, SportsGuru wrote:

That belief is not justified :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 2:37:58 PM
At 9/7/2010 10:41:58 AM, zGodMode wrote:
Well the Dolphins beat the Jets.... Twice last year

But finished 7-9 while the Jets finished 9-7 and finished behind the Jets in the AFC East :)

and they're led by the next Tom Brady, aka Chad Henne.

Chad Henne only completed 55% of his passes in the preseason games. Best of luck.

Their only key loss was Ted Ginn, but they picked up Brandon Marshall, so they'll wreck the division and Henne'll beat the Jets again.

Brandon Marshall "had more drops than catches" according to sports writers. But we'll see. The Jets (long time Dolphins rivals) acquired LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, and Santonio Holmes in the offseason. So we shall see.
President of DDO
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 3:36:16 PM
At 9/7/2010 2:31:45 PM, theLwerd wrote:

So combining the league's best passing offense with a running game that will actually be legitimate (and can be much more depending on if Arian Foster can continue his production) and a much improved and nasty defense is not a true path to the Super Bowl?

I can't wait to see Cushing crush the Giants with the world's largest fire under his belly.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 3:50:03 PM
At 9/7/2010 3:36:16 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
So combining the league's best passing offense with a running game that will actually be legitimate (and can be much more depending on if Arian Foster can continue his production) and a much improved and nasty defense is not a true path to the Super Bowl?

The only reasons the Texans had the best passing offense last season was because of Andre Johnson. No other Texan WR was in the top 60 in terms of receptions. I'm pretty sure that other teams have caught on to the fact that without Johnson receiving, their pass offense is pretty harmless. I think the Packers are a team to look out for in this area next season (Rogers has been doing great from what I've seen so far!).

I can't wait to see Cushing crush the Giants with the world's largest fire under his belly.

Yeah, I don't have high hopes for the Giants this year. But GO BLUE :p
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 3:51:54 PM
At 9/7/2010 3:14:56 PM, Brendan21 wrote:
Anyone else have no hope at all for the Redskins this year?

They have a shot with McNabb... at least I'm hoping considering I don't like their rivals, the Cowboys ;)
President of DDO
Brendan21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 4:09:00 PM
At 9/7/2010 3:51:54 PM, theLwerd wrote:

They have a shot with McNabb... at least I'm hoping considering I don't like their rivals, the Cowboys ;)

I'm a Redskins fan, but seeing as how they managed to screw up the last few sessions, I don't have hope we can rally behind McNabb.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 6:37:03 PM
At 9/7/2010 12:57:53 PM, Loserboi wrote:
49ERS ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yep

Alex Smith is going to lead the charge? (or better yet David Carr, lol)

Yeah.......

There is a reason QB is often called the most important position in the game

Stop hating on Alex Smith... Alex Smith showed monumental improvement last year and has weapons this year with Crabtree and Vernon Davis. Frank Gore is gonna be a beast with our improved O-line and We have a top 5 defense.

Texans can't play defense... and their running game is below average saying they have a higher chance is ridiculous.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 6:40:04 PM
At 9/7/2010 3:36:16 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 9/7/2010 2:31:45 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Cushing needs more steroids
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 6:42:31 PM

Sorry L, but Mark Sanchez looks like a Scrub...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 6:43:32 PM
At 9/7/2010 6:42:31 PM, Loserboi wrote:

He's actually really attractive :P

Nevertheless, their team is pretty dope. I'm not worried.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:15:51 PM
At 9/7/2010 6:43:32 PM, theLwerd wrote:

I agree. The Jets look amazing and with Revis back!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com...
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 7:29:07 PM
At 9/7/2010 7:15:51 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 9/7/2010 6:43:32 PM, theLwerd wrote:

I agree. The Jets look amazing and with Revis back!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com...

Their defense looks hella impressive, but there are uncertainties with how effective Mark Sanchez will be, they say he is playing worse than his rookie year, and how effective Shonn Greene will be. Their offense looks good on paper, but having Mark Sanchez lead them might cost them
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:25:28 PM
At 9/7/2010 2:37:58 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/7/2010 10:41:58 AM, zGodMode wrote:
Well the Dolphins beat the Jets.... Twice last year

But finished 7-9 while the Jets finished 9-7 and finished behind the Jets in the AFC East :)
Still lost to the Dolphins, twice.

and they're led by the next Tom Brady, aka Chad Henne.

Chad Henne only completed 55% of his passes in the preseason games. Best of luck.
The Lions went 4-0 in the preseason two years ago and had the most successful season ever recorded.
Preseason doesn't mean anything.

Their only key loss was Ted Ginn, but they picked up Brandon Marshall, so they'll wreck the division and Henne'll beat the Jets again.

Brandon Marshall "had more drops than catches" according to sports writers. But we'll see. The Jets (long time Dolphins rivals) acquired LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, and Santonio Holmes in the offseason. So we shall see.

You should realize that LT is old and lost his speed (the reason he was good initially). Cromartie hasn't played well since he played an entire season on a broken hip. Nice job acquiring two Chargers scraps. I'm an ex-San Diego fan boy and can tell you that LT might be able to do something this year, by Cromartie won't be getting better, ever.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 9:26:24 PM

My cousin has high hopes, however they're only because of the McNabb pick-up.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2010 10:18:51 PM
At 9/7/2010 9:28:02 PM, zGodMode wrote:
Also L, I wouldn't pay any attention to the Saints this year. Especially Drew Brees.

Why you might ask.

Madden Curse, nuff said.

LOL madden curse...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:24:34 AM
At 9/7/2010 9:28:02 PM, zGodMode wrote:
Also L, I wouldn't pay any attention to the Saints this year. Especially Drew Brees.

Why you might ask.

Madden Curse, nuff said.

I know... this is a good point :P

But I really like them! I never paid any attention to them until last year when I moved in with a Saints fan. She made me watch all their games every week and I was just so impressed. I'm also a huge fan of Drew Brees. He doesn't seem at all douchey like Tom Brady does and he's so poised. That arm ain't bad either. We were SO HAPPY that Monday night when the Saints beat the Pats... oh em gee. Great friggin game. Anyway like I said I love Shockey too (wish he was still on the Giants though :P ), and of course Reggie Bush and the receivers. Just so good. Their game against the Vikings was great too. Ahh I love em. The Madden curse is unfortunate :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2010 7:30:13 AM
At 9/7/2010 9:25:28 PM, zGodMode wrote:
You should realize that LT is old and lost his speed (the reason he was good initially). Cromartie hasn't played well since he played an entire season on a broken hip. Nice job acquiring two Chargers scraps. I'm an ex-San Diego fan boy and can tell you that LT might be able to do something this year, by Cromartie won't be getting better, ever.

I loveee LT though. I have faith. We shall see about Cromartie.

Out of curiosity though what team do you like? Or do you just follow who wins or where Michigan players go? I think only one player from Rutgers is big in the NFL now (Ravens running back Ray Rice <3). Brian Leonard is a RB on the Bengals, but doesn't start.
President of DDO