Jump to topic:

Football thread

Hawlucha
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 3:03:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yes, the one where your foot actually makes contact with the ball. Sissies dive like basketball players, real men get kicked on the face and shrug it off like MMA fighters, and goalkeepers are the reason why the score's still 0-0 (though hockey's an exception, amirite?)

Soccer's just its ugly nickname, like how "Dick" is to Richard and still makes no sense.

Anyway this is its general thread regarding the sport and only the sport along with clubs, tournaments and players.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 4:05:04 PM
At 9/8/2015 3:03:00 PM, Hawlucha wrote:
Yes, the one where your foot actually makes contact with the ball. Sissies dive like basketball players, real men get kicked on the face and shrug it off like MMA fighters, and goalkeepers are the reason why the score's still 0-0 (though hockey's an exception, amirite?)

Soccer's just its ugly nickname, like how "Dick" is to Richard and still makes no sense.

Anyway this is its general thread regarding the sport and only the sport along with clubs, tournaments and players.

I refer to "soccer" as European football, South American football, and so on depending on where the clubs/countries are from. It can get confusing when the USA are playing.
Ashton
Hawlucha
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2015 4:53:41 PM
At 9/8/2015 4:05:04 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
I refer to "soccer" as European football, South American football, and so on depending on where the clubs/countries are from. It can get confusing when the USA are playing.

I prefer calling the sport "football" because it makes more sense logically and visually. "Soccer" to me should at least be reserved for the national teams and governing bodies. The term itself comes from the "association" part in "Football Association" (England's football administration) so it would make more sense as a term for football teams representing a nation, not the sport in general.

That's just me, though.