Jump to topic:

Sooners go Manchild on SEC Volunteers

Sooner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2015 4:26:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Tennessee Volunteers took a 17-0 lead on the Oklahoma Sooners. The Sooners redefined "fighting to the death" in the 4th quarter, tying the game at 17-17 and pushing the game into overtime. In double overtime, Oklahoma won 31-24. I've never been prouder as a Sooner fan. Sooner magic...
Ignoring problems doesn't make them go away.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 3:34:47 PM
At 9/13/2015 4:26:24 AM, Sooner wrote:
The Tennessee Volunteers took a 17-0 lead on the Oklahoma Sooners.
Okay

The Sooners redefined "fighting to the death" in the 4th quarter, tying the game at 17-17 and pushing the game into overtime.
Okay.

In double overtime, Oklahoma won 31-24.
Okay.

I've never been prouder as a Sooner fan.
*more proud

Sooner magic...
I fail to observe anything supernatural about this incident.

I would say that rather than "going manchild" on Tennessee, they simply weren't playing well until the 2nd quarter/overtimes.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2015 4:00:38 PM
Proud, Prouder, Proudest vs. More Proud

Empircal data from computerized copora butress the claim that cognitively complex environments favor the analytic variant (more proud) over the synthetic variant (prouder)... The choice between the synthetic comparative form (prouder) and its analytic variant (more proud) is subject to forces of an intricately intertwined network of determinants" Determinants of Gramatical Variation in English.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 3:50:51 AM
Tennesse choked. Oklahoma took advantage. Winner? Oklahoma. SEC the best? Uuuuhhh... That is ancient history. Look North and West for the best football now. SEC equals Small, Empty, Crowds and very very soon. You heard it here first. Now run along and root for Mayonaisse Tech State to win the playoff. I called it here first folks...
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 6:31:58 AM
At 9/15/2015 3:50:51 AM, IntellectVsSpirit5000 wrote:
Tennesse choked. Oklahoma took advantage. Winner? Oklahoma. SEC the best? Uuuuhhh... That is ancient history. Look North and West for the best football now. SEC equals Small, Empty, Crowds and very very soon. You heard it here first. Now run along and root for Mayonaisse Tech State to win the playoff. I called it here first folks...

Tennessee did choke. Sheppard was the only guy to do anything for the Sooner offense. The Quarterback draw on 4th and goal during the 1st overtime was such a terrific call, and I think that was the difference maker.

And I'm no SEC homer by any means, but to say they'll soon draw small empty crowds is a major stretch. They have some of the most devoted fans and loudest stadiums in football. Neyland was rocking on Saturday, and you can expect the same at Bryant-Denny this Saturday when Ole Miss comes to town.

And look towards the Midwest for the best football. Until USC and UCLA play a challenging opponent it's tough to say if either is legit or not. Oregon proved they were legit after a solid showing in East Lansing.
Ashton
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2015 7:09:27 PM
Tennessee did choke. Sheppard was the only guy to do anything for the Sooner offense. The Quarterback draw on 4th and goal during the 1st overtime was such a terrific call, and I think that was the difference maker.

And I'm no SEC homer by any means, but to say they'll soon draw small empty crowds is a major stretch. They have some of the most devoted fans and loudest stadiums in football. Neyland was rocking on Saturday, and you can expect the same at Bryant-Denny this Saturday when Ole Miss comes to town.

And look towards the Midwest for the best football. Until USC and UCLA play a challenging opponent it's tough to say if either is legit or not. Oregon proved they were legit after a solid showing in East Lansing.

Pretty accurate. SEC is far from gone.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW