Jump to topic:

Eagles QB

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2010 11:07:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This past week against the Packers, Kevin Kolb got hurt early on allowing Vick to enter the game as the Eagles QB. He did AWESOME. He was 16-24 (Kolb was 5-10) and he ran for a bunch of yards, scored, etc. Ultimately they lost to Green Bay by 1 TD, but Vick said after the game that had he been in all 4 quarters, perhaps they would have won. What do you think? We all remember Vick's legal trouble, etc., and then being back-up to McNabb. Do you think this is his time to shine? Should he be given that opportunity? Do you think Kolb is better?
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 8:14:03 AM
At 9/13/2010 11:07:05 AM, theLwerd wrote:
This past week against the Packers, Kevin Kolb got hurt early on allowing Vick to enter the game as the Eagles QB. He did AWESOME. He was 16-24 (Kolb was 5-10) and he ran for a bunch of yards, scored, etc. Ultimately they lost to Green Bay by 1 TD, but Vick said after the game that had he been in all 4 quarters, perhaps they would have won. What do you think? We all remember Vick's legal trouble, etc., and then being back-up to McNabb. Do you think this is his time to shine? Should he be given that opportunity? Do you think Kolb is better?

Sorry, I did not see this the first time.

I think that he should have a chance.
Kolb is the better QB in andy's system; he was just having a bad day.

The plays for vick are limited, but a team like the titans could use him.
He should shine, just not for the Eagles.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 8:46:06 AM
At 9/15/2010 8:14:03 AM, comoncents wrote:

You know I think you're right. Except Steve Young is my 3rd favorite QB and I don't want Vick to be back-up to him either (on the Titans).

He should go to a struggling team that desperately needs a new or better QB. Jake Delhomme on the Browns, for instance, could easily be replaced. I think he's in his 12th year but he has never produced anything legit. I think that's the best bet for everyone involved, because Vick could have a fresh start and the opportunity to start over and prove himself, and help others win, without stepping on the toes of other QBs who are not to blame for the legal troubles he got his own damn self in trouble for (and I am a HUGE dog lover... so he can suck it).

However, the only thing I will say in disagreement is that while Kolb definitely fits Andy's scheme better, the EAGLES seem to prefer Vick. When he was out on the field, people looked energized and confident. They started making plays. I feel like they either trust him more, like him more or have better playing chemistry with him. If he makes *the team better* then he should start. Ultimately I agree, though, that he should move on. He needs to go on a sucky team and help generate something.
President of DDO
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 9:28:21 AM
Vick is better in my opinion. But he's going to lose any hopes of a starting position after Suh and the rest of the D line wreck his sh1t sunday.

-Signed hopeful lions fan xD
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 11:43:41 AM

I think if Vick proves himself he should start. So many other people are given second chances who do dirt, case in point Ben Roesthlisberger getting RAPE charges, and only getting a four game suspension, NO JAIL TIME after they have proof he did it.

Our moral judgements only apply to certain people.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 6:43:54 PM
At 9/15/2010 8:46:06 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/15/2010 8:14:03 AM, comoncents wrote:

You know I think you're right. Except Steve Young is my 3rd favorite QB and I don't want Vick to be back-up to him either (on the Titans).

Yeah, I like Vince also.
I think that a team like the Titans would work for him.

He should go to a struggling team that desperately needs a new or better QB. Jake Delhomme on the Browns, for instance, could easily be replaced.

Yeah, he Jake should not be playing. I would rather see Colt McCoy playing.(Funny, another Texas guy.)

I think he's in his 12th year but he has never produced anything legit. I think that's the best bet for everyone involved, because Vick could have a fresh start and the opportunity to start over and prove himself, and help others win, without stepping on the toes of other QBs who are not to blame for the legal troubles he got his own damn self in trouble for (and I am a HUGE dog lover... so he can suck it).

I can see where you are coming from with the Dog thing. It sucks, and I would not argue with you based upon your convictions on an issue that strong.

However, the only thing I will say in disagreement is that while Kolb definitely fits Andy's scheme better, the EAGLES seem to prefer Vick.

Yeah. The receivers were so pissed at Kolb!
And the defense loves Vick.
And the fans are energized when he comes out.

When he was out on the field, people looked energized and confident. They started making plays. I feel like they either trust him more, like him more or have better playing chemistry with him. If he makes *the team better* then he should start. Ultimately I agree, though, that he should move on. He needs to go on a sucky team and help generate something.

Yeah.
I still like Kolb. He was great when Donovan McNabb was out.

But hey, look at my picks from last week; what do I know!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 6:50:17 PM
At 9/15/2010 11:43:41 AM, kelly224 wrote:

I think if Vick proves himself he should start. So many other people are given second chances who do dirt, case in point Ben Roesthlisberger getting RAPE charges, and only getting a four game suspension, NO JAIL TIME after they have proof he did it.

That should be a thread in and of itself.

Stallworth kills some one and he gets suspended for a short time.
Plaxico Burress shoots himself and he gets two years.

Justice seems to be in depletion.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:08:21 PM
Vick should start he should always be the starter, he is a lot more interesting to watch and he has the arm strength for desean jacksons speed
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2010 10:31:44 PM
At 9/15/2010 6:50:17 PM, comoncents wrote:

Completely different Stallworth
1. The guy he ran over was J Walking
2. Him and the family most likely came to a settlement
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 1:04:17 PM
At 9/15/2010 6:50:17 PM, comoncents wrote:

Yeah that Stallworth thing got me too. smh
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2010 2:15:28 PM
They were just dogs... We kill cows, chickens, and pigs whats the big deal...???
Mike Vick gets too much crap from people. Just like how LeBron gets too much crap for his "decision".
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2010 8:29:45 AM
At 9/15/2010 10:08:21 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Vick should start he should always be the starter, he is a lot more interesting to watch and he has the arm strength for desean jacksons speed

True... he's getting older, but I think he has a lot to make up for which helps his drive and that's why he's still so good. Still, Kolb is younger, and Vick can be kind of a wildcard -- I'm sure Andy Reid prefers to *coach* Kolb just because Kolb is easier to deal with and tends to stick more to the plays as called.
President of DDO