birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2015 6:01:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/3/2015 9:18:21 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
My bet is on the Blue Jays.

Certainly not. Maybe it's my bias as an O's fan and my dislike for the Jays is showing, but a home run reliant team will not win in the playoffs. We saw this last year as my O's suddenly stopped hitting the long ball and were easily swept.

What wins in the postseason is speed (which is consistent every game), and solid starting pitching. The Royals and Astros have good speed throughout their lineup, and the Dodgers and Cubs have a good rotation of starters (I know Lester has struggled with the Cubs, but still he's a solid ace along with Arrieta).

My bet is the Royals and Dodgers meet in the World Series with the Dodgers winning in 6. Kershaw and Greinke have been historically dominant and both would easily be the top starter on another team. If Puig Peterson and Corey Seater can produce consistently they have to be seen as the favorite to win it all.

My darkhorse is the Rangers as the last 2 months they were on fire, and Cole Hamels looks like someone who can counter David Price. Fielder has a emerged as a great clubhouse leader and Choo has been on a tear since the beginning of last month. They can also play small ball if their not hitting home runs as Deshields Jr and Andrus have good speed on the basepaths.

This is a very wide open year for the playoffs and it will be fun to watch.

Predictions:

Wild Card: Yankees over Astros
Cubs over Pirates

Division series: Royals over Yankees in 5
Rangers over Blue Jays in 4

Cubs over Cardinals in 4
Dodgers over Mets in 3

Championship Series:

Royals over Rangers in 6
Dodgers over Cubs in 7 (sorry Cubs fans. Next year will be their year)

World Series: Dodgers over Royals in 6
Ashton
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2015 5:15:30 PM
Royals!

I'm hoping Royals vs. Cubbies though I serriously doubt it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 12:51:22 AM
At 10/5/2015 6:01:56 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Certainly not. Maybe it's my bias as an O's fan and my dislike for the Jays is showing, but a home run reliant team will not win in the playoffs. We saw this last year as my O's suddenly stopped hitting the long ball and were easily swept.

What wins in the postseason is speed (which is consistent every game), and solid starting pitching. The Royals and Astros have good speed throughout their lineup, and the Dodgers and Cubs have a good rotation of starters (I know Lester has struggled with the Cubs, but still he's a solid ace along with Arrieta).

My bet is the Royals and Dodgers meet in the World Series with the Dodgers winning in 6. Kershaw and Greinke have been historically dominant and both would easily be the top starter on another team. If Puig Peterson and Corey Seater can produce consistently they have to be seen as the favorite to win it all.

My darkhorse is the Rangers as the last 2 months they were on fire, and Cole Hamels looks like someone who can counter David Price. Fielder has a emerged as a great clubhouse leader and Choo has been on a tear since the beginning of last month. They can also play small ball if their not hitting home runs as Deshields Jr and Andrus have good speed on the basepaths.

This is a very wide open year for the playoffs and it will be fun to watch.

Predictions:

Wild Card: Yankees over Astros
Cubs over Pirates

Division series: Royals over Yankees in 5
Rangers over Blue Jays in 4

Cubs over Cardinals in 4
Dodgers over Mets in 3

Championship Series:

Royals over Rangers in 6
Dodgers over Cubs in 7 (sorry Cubs fans. Next year will be their year)

World Series: Dodgers over Royals in 6

Well, sorry for the late reply.

I think the Jays can do it. They aren't just home run hitters, but already create scoring opportunities from base hits. They have guys like Revere and Goins who can steal, and they have Donaldson and Bautista who can drive runs anyway of the week. I expect the Jays to take Game 5, because they are more patient with the bat, and have been playing stellar defense all series long.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 12:51:58 AM
At 10/6/2015 6:08:04 PM, koloman84 wrote:
I have to say that I think the Jays will beat the Rangers, but lose to Royals.

The Jays can beat the Royals pretty easily. I would be more scared to face Dallas Kuchel and the Astros.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
TheProphett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2015 1:05:08 AM

Astros all the way. I think we will go all the way to game seven and beat the Royals. We need to implement this strategy:
Day-to-Day: Use one starting pitcher and get about 80 out of him, then bring in a plethora of other starters to finish off the game. The only thing we are lacking is relief pitching, and this would solve that problem.
Topics I would like to debate: https://docs.google.com...

Epic Quotes:

She's a cunning linguist, but I'm a master debater - Austin Powers

Economic Forum Revival Co-Leader

If you are interested in starting a political journal for the site, please contact me.
koloman84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2015 6:59:05 PM
Blue Jays and Cubs is my new prediction, Blue Jays have a strong lineup and Cubs have a solid pitching staff.
koloman84!