Jump to topic:

Fitness, health, well being etc...

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 12:54:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am one of those guys who cares quite a bit about his body, I am actually currently eating well to get stronger, and build more muscle. My diet consists of little sugar and a lot of protein and carbs. I eat roughly 5-6 times a day and train between 3 and 4 times a week.

I have breakfast at 7am, 2nd meal at 10am, 3rd meal at between 12-1pm, 4th meal around 4pm, 5th around 6-7pm and then perhaps a 6th meal at 8-9pm.

Is there anyone else who is this dedicated to their personal health and fitness?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 1:03:01 AM
At 9/21/2010 12:54:59 AM, GodSands wrote:
I am one of those guys who cares quite a bit about his body, I am actually currently eating well to get stronger, and build more muscle. My diet consists of little sugar and a lot of protein and carbs. I eat roughly 5-6 times a day and train between 3 and 4 times a week.

I have breakfast at 7am, 2nd meal at 10am, 3rd meal at between 12-1pm, 4th meal around 4pm, 5th around 6-7pm and then perhaps a 6th meal at 8-9pm.

Is there anyone else who is this dedicated to their personal health and fitness?

I lift weights about 3-4 times a week, drink protein shakes as often as possible, but I eat whatever and whenever I want. Well, actually whenever I get a chance given my schedule. However, I have a fast metabolism and don't ever gain any weight from eating food.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 1:13:31 AM
: At 9/21/2010 1:03:01 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I lift weights about 3-4 times a week, drink protein shakes as often as possible, but I eat whatever and whenever I want. Well, actually whenever I get a chance given my schedule. However, I have a fast metabolism and don't ever gain any weight from eating food.

You should begin eating well, without the nutrients intake, weight lifting will be quite futile. In other words, it might only sustain your current fitness level in the short term, long term however you will improve, but it will take 3 to 4 times longer. So within 2 years of training and eating when you like and what you like you could minimise the wait to 6 months, however it takes twice the effort. It's up to you really.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 1:18:10 AM
At 9/21/2010 1:13:31 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 9/21/2010 1:03:01 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

You should begin eating well, without the nutrients intake, weight lifting will be quite futile. In other words, it might only sustain your current fitness level in the short term, long term however you will improve, but it will take 3 to 4 times longer. So within 2 years of training and eating when you like and what you like you could minimise the wait to 6 months, however it takes twice the effort. It's up to you really.

I used to take multimineral vitamin suppliments, but now I generally drink a large Vitamin Water everyday. Also, I don't really eat a bunch of unhealthy food. I eat a lot of chicken as well as tuna subs on a somewhat regular basis.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 1:24:40 AM
: At 9/21/2010 1:18:10 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I used to take multimineral vitamin suppliments, but now I generally drink a large Vitamin Water everyday. Also, I don't really eat a bunch of unhealthy food. I eat a lot of chicken as well as tuna subs on a somewhat regular basis.

Well whatever suits you the best I suppose lol. Subways, so I have heard, have 9 packets of crisps worth of salt in one ft long, I guess thats why they taste so nice. Food for thought?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 1:27:43 AM

Well whatever suits you the best I suppose lol. Subways, so I have heard, have 9 packets of crisps worth of salt in one ft long, I guess thats why they taste so nice. Food for thought?

Are crispts like our chips or fries over there? I forget
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 1:29:52 AM
At 9/21/2010 1:24:40 AM, GodSands wrote:
At 9/21/2010 1:18:10 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Well whatever suits you the best I suppose lol. Subways, so I have heard, have 9 packets of crisps

What's a "crisp"? lol

worth of salt in one ft long, I guess thats why they taste so nice. Food for thought?

Haha, I eat Quiznos actually. I don't taste any salt on my subs. Just tuna, red-wine vinaigrette, olives, pickles, and lettuce.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 1:35:14 AM
: At 9/21/2010 1:29:52 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/21/2010 1:24:40 AM, GodSands wrote:

Well whatever suits you the best I suppose lol. Subways, so I have heard, have 9 packets of crisps

What's a "crisp"? lol

worth of salt in one ft long, I guess thats why they taste so nice. Food for thought?

Haha, I eat Quiznos actually. I don't taste any salt on my subs. Just tuna, red-wine vinaigrette, olives, pickles, and lettuce.

Chips sorry, your American! The salt is it the bread. But I will have a sub now and then, just not very often. I can't stand olives, I will eat them only for a dare because I'm like that. But I don't like them lol.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 2:04:18 AM
: At 9/21/2010 1:27:43 AM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

Are crispts like our chips or fries over there? I forget

We over here call chips, crisps, and then we call fries, chips. But we do still use the word 'fries' for the same meaning as you guys across the pond.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 2:55:09 AM
One of the on;y things that I'm suppost to go in the Health board and it doesn't.

I count calories and go to the gym inconsistently, once every fortnight approx.

5'11/58kg
'sup DDO -- july 2013
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 8:48:15 AM

Vitamin Water isn't a healthy alternative to anything. It contains High Fructose Corn Syrup which is one of the most terrible things to ingest. Not that I care, but don't trust it to be healthy, it isn't.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 1:44:17 PM
At 9/21/2010 8:48:15 AM, zGodMode wrote:

Vitamin Water isn't a healthy alternative to anything. It contains High Fructose Corn Syrup which is one of the most terrible things to ingest.

First of all, it doesn't contain that. Secondly, even if of did, extra ingredients do not subtract the mineral value of the vitamin water. I could add a bunch of grease to the drink, and it would still contain the same amount of minerals.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 2:08:22 PM
At 9/21/2010 1:44:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/21/2010 8:48:15 AM, zGodMode wrote:

Vitamin Water isn't a healthy alternative to anything. It contains High Fructose Corn Syrup which is one of the most terrible things to ingest.

First of all, it doesn't contain that. Secondly, even if of did, extra ingredients do not subtract the mineral value of the vitamin water. I could add a bunch of grease to the drink, and it would still contain the same amount of minerals.

http://www.naturalnews.com...
http://www.thatsfit.ca...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 10:15:05 PM
I don't give a sh*t I eat what I want and don't move unless I must. People judge and think I must be fat, but I think I'm a healthy weight, people say I look like I'm anorexic or bulimic, truth is I don't give a sh*t. Then again I like some healthy things like broccoli and cheese sauce, chicken, tuna, I used to like spinach and other such things.
Then again I like some "unhealthy" things like cheesecake, cookies, chocolate, soda, <sweet> tea.

I do sometimes use wii fit if I'm bored <lol virtual excercise, what will they think of next :p> actually the first time I did the jog thing it said I burned like 128% and the second highest score was 17% so I guess I did good, unless its lowest score wins.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 10:14:10 PM

That sounds great; the whole package is in line for results.

I was when I was younger.
I currently do not make the time to eat as you do.
I need to get back to it though.