Jump to topic:

College Football Rundown *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2015 3:09:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Well this past weekend, we had a very interesting turn of events. First lets start off with the overrated Ohio State Buckeyes who lost Michigan State in a close game.
I told many people before this one that The Spartans were a superior team to these guys. Clemson rolled cleanly over Wake Forest with ease. The North Carolina Tarheels are 10-1, and nobody is paying attention to them. How about LSU and Ole Miss. How long does Les Miles have with this team. Rumor has it that this may be his last season with The Tigers. I think that this running game that The Rebels have are still a threat to the Crimson Tide. But unfortunately it looks like The Gators will have a chance to upset The Tide this year due to their current ranking. By the way, check out the stats below for the latest SEC record. By the way, did you see how TCU got handled again by a( bigger) school. Yeah, okay. And don't forget about those down spiraling South Carolina Gamecocks who just lost to The Citadel for the first time in years. Comments.

1)Alabama 10-1
2)Georgia 8-3
3) LSU 7-3
4) Miss State 8-3
5) Ole Miss 8-3
6)Florida 10-1
7)Tennessee 7-4
8) Arkansas 6-5
9)Kentucky 5-6
10) South Carolina 3-8
11) Missouri 5-6
12) Texas A&M 8-3
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2015 5:16:27 AM
At 11/23/2015 3:09:44 PM, inferno wrote:
Well this past weekend, we had a very interesting turn of events. First lets start off with the overrated Ohio State Buckeyes who lost Michigan State in a close game.
I told many people before this one that The Spartans were a superior team to these guys. Clemson rolled cleanly over Wake Forest with ease. The North Carolina Tarheels are 10-1, and nobody is paying attention to them. How about LSU and Ole Miss. How long does Les Miles have with this team. Rumor has it that this may be his last season with The Tigers. I think that this running game that The Rebels have are still a threat to the Crimson Tide. But unfortunately it looks like The Gators will have a chance to upset The Tide this year due to their current ranking. By the way, check out the stats below for the latest SEC record. By the way, did you see how TCU got handled again by a( bigger) school. Yeah, okay. And don't forget about those down spiraling South Carolina Gamecocks who just lost to The Citadel for the first time in years. Comments.

1)Alabama 10-1
2)Georgia 8-3
3) LSU 7-3
4) Miss State 8-3
5) Ole Miss 8-3
6)Florida 10-1
7)Tennessee 7-4
8) Arkansas 6-5
9)Kentucky 5-6
10) South Carolina 3-8
11) Missouri 5-6
12) Texas A&M 8-3

Top 4:

1. Clemson (I don't think they're that good, but for now they're undefeated)
2. Iowa
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma

First 2 out:

5. Michigan State
6. Notre Dame

Group of 5 rankings:

1. Navy
2. Houston
3. Temple
4. Toledo
5. Memphis

Most overrated:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Notre Dame

Most underrated:

1. North Carolina
2. Michigan
3. Iowa
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 3:48:16 PM
At 11/24/2015 5:16:27 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

1)Alabama 10-1
2)Georgia 8-3
3) LSU 7-3
4) Miss State 8-3
5) Ole Miss 8-3
6)Florida 10-1
7)Tennessee 7-4
8) Arkansas 6-5
9)Kentucky 5-6
10) South Carolina 3-8
11) Missouri 5-6
12) Texas A&M 8-3

Top 4:

2. Iowa
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma

First 2 out:

5. Michigan State
6. Notre Dame

Group of 5 rankings:

1. Navy
2. Houston
3. Temple
4. Toledo
5. Memphis

Most overrated:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Notre Dame

Most underrated:

1. North Carolina
2. Michigan
3. Iowa

Most Overrated

1) Ohio State
2) Notre Dame
3) North Carolina given the fact that their schedule was much more easier
than Clemson.

Most Underrated

1) Iowa
2) Michigan State
3) Stanford
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 5:12:46 PM

1)Alabama 10-1
2)Georgia 8-3
3) LSU 7-3
4) Miss State 8-3
5) Ole Miss 8-3
6)Florida 10-1
7)Tennessee 7-4
8) Arkansas 6-5
9)Kentucky 5-6
10) South Carolina 3-8
11) Missouri 5-6
12) Texas A&M 8-3

Top 4:

2. Iowa
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma

First 2 out:

5. Michigan State
6. Notre Dame

Group of 5 rankings:

1. Navy
2. Houston
3. Temple
4. Toledo
5. Memphis

Most overrated:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Notre Dame

Most underrated:

1. North Carolina
2. Michigan
3. Iowa

And you must remember with teams like Delaware, Illinois, Duke, Miami, North Carolina A&T on your schedule....North Carolina has not played anybody yet. =)
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2015 10:49:43 PM
At 12/1/2015 5:12:46 PM, inferno wrote:

1)Alabama 10-1
2)Georgia 8-3
3) LSU 7-3
4) Miss State 8-3
5) Ole Miss 8-3
6)Florida 10-1
7)Tennessee 7-4
8) Arkansas 6-5
9)Kentucky 5-6
10) South Carolina 3-8
11) Missouri 5-6
12) Texas A&M 8-3

Top 4:

2. Iowa
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma

First 2 out:

5. Michigan State
6. Notre Dame

Group of 5 rankings:

1. Navy
2. Houston
3. Temple
4. Toledo
5. Memphis

Most overrated:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Notre Dame

Most underrated:

1. North Carolina
2. Michigan
3. Iowa

And you must remember with teams like Delaware, Illinois, Duke, Miami, North Carolina A&T on your schedule....North Carolina has not played anybody yet. =)

Couldn't the same be said for Clemson? Both their tough games were at home. The toughest road game they played was at Louisville and they only won by 3. They just don't pass the eye test and I think if they play Oklahoma or Michigan State in the playoff, they could get routed.

Plus unlike Clemson, North Carolina has been routing everyone they play. Their closest game which was at Virginia Tech was in a hostile environment against a team playing inspired football for their retiring head coach. They've won by scores like 59-21, 66-31, and 50-14.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2015 1:31:49 PM
At 12/1/2015 10:49:43 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 12/1/2015 5:12:46 PM, inferno wrote:

1)Alabama 10-1
2)Georgia 8-3
3) LSU 7-3
4) Miss State 8-3
5) Ole Miss 8-3
6)Florida 10-1
7)Tennessee 7-4
8) Arkansas 6-5
9)Kentucky 5-6
10) South Carolina 3-8
11) Missouri 5-6
12) Texas A&M 8-3

Top 4:

2. Iowa
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma

First 2 out:

5. Michigan State
6. Notre Dame

Group of 5 rankings:

1. Navy
2. Houston
3. Temple
4. Toledo
5. Memphis

Most overrated:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. Notre Dame

Most underrated:

1. North Carolina
2. Michigan
3. Iowa

Couldn't the same be said for Clemson? Both their tough games were at home. The toughest road game they played was at Louisville and they only won by 3. They just don't pass the eye test and I think if they play Oklahoma or Michigan State in the playoff, they could get routed.

Plus unlike Clemson, North Carolina has been routing everyone they play. Their closest game which was at Virginia Tech was in a hostile environment against a team playing inspired football for their retiring head coach. They've won by scores like 59-21, 66-31, and 50-14.

No. The answer is this. Clemson beat both Notre Dame and Florida State. Those two teams would handle North Carolina. Yes, they do have a good quarterback.
But if you are going to underestimate Deshaun Watson, the guy who held Oklahoma to under 10 points in last seasons Bowl Game, then you are in for a rude awakening my friend. You have yet to understand why this team has beaten over 20 ranked
opponents. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 2:07:32 PM
At 12/3/2015 8:01:17 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
Fear the Sooner Schooner. You know you do....mwaaahahaha! Mwaaaahaha!

Nobody is afraid of Oklahoma....trust me on that one. =)
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 4:29:44 PM
At 12/4/2015 2:07:32 PM, inferno wrote:

They beat OK State, Baylor, TCU, West Virginia, Kansas State (52-0), and Tennessee. The SEC has struggled with Tennessee. Ole Miss was supposed to be an SEC hotdog last year and got ravished by TCU giving up 50+ points in the game. Just sayin...
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 4:36:34 PM
At 12/4/2015 2:07:32 PM, inferno wrote:

I looked it up. Tennessee is 8-4, 2nd in the SEC East. They lost to Alabama by less than a touchdown, same with loss to Oklahoma, lost to Florida by 1 point, and lost to Arkansas by less than a touchdown. So 3 of their 4 losses, all by less than a touchdown, were to the SEC West champion, the SEC East Champion and the Big 12 Champion.

They have wins over Georgia, Missouri, and the very South Carolina that played Clemson tight. And Oklahoma beat this Tennessee team in Knoxville, TN. Clemson is not out of the woods yet.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2015 4:42:34 PM
In all honesty I believeichigan State will beat Iowa in the Big 10 Title game. In my guess, we will have Clemson vs. Michigan State in 1st round and Clemson vs. Alabama/Oklahoma winner. Tough lifting for the Tigers. I worry for Clemson based on both Alabama and Oklahoma's coaching staff having been in this position many times where Clemson's coaching staff is in fresh new waters frankly.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 3:46:59 PM
At 12/4/2015 4:42:34 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
In all honesty I believeichigan State will beat Iowa in the Big 10 Title game. In my guess, we will have Clemson vs. Michigan State in 1st round and Clemson vs. Alabama/Oklahoma winner. Tough lifting for the Tigers. I worry for Clemson based on both Alabama and Oklahoma's coaching staff having been in this position many times where Clemson's coaching staff is in fresh new waters frankly.

Well Clemson beat North Carolina in a close game, but they won and in sports, that is what counts. With that being said, I do believe the Tigers will have some problems with Alabama if it ends up being these two in the end. I mean nobody wants to play Alabama right now and with good reason. Henry is the name.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2015 11:03:25 PM
At 12/7/2015 3:46:59 PM, inferno wrote:

Well Clemson beat North Carolina in a close game, but they won and in sports, that is what counts. With that being said, I do believe the Tigers will have some problems with Alabama if it ends up being these two in the end. I mean nobody wants to play Alabama right now and with good reason. Henry is the name.

Clemson Alabama could get ugly. Remember 2012 Notre Dame vs Alabama. I see a similar scenario playing out.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:13:14 PM
At 12/7/2015 11:03:25 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Clemson Alabama could get ugly. Remember 2012 Notre Dame vs Alabama. I see a similar scenario playing out.

Well you are wrong. Clemson has never gotten blown out by anyone. Although Alabama is the best team in my opinion, Clemson isn't gonna roll over and die for no one.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 2:31:02 PM
At 12/9/2015 2:13:14 PM, inferno wrote:

Well you are wrong. Clemson has never gotten blown out by anyone. Although Alabama is the best team in my opinion, Clemson isn't gonna roll over and die for no one.

What quality road win does Clemson have? They struggled to beat Notre Dame and nearly blew leads against South Carolina and North Carolina. Their defense has looked mediocre the past 2 weeks and I'm not sure they match up well with a physical team like Alabama.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 3:58:38 PM
At 12/9/2015 2:31:02 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

What quality road win does Clemson have? They struggled to beat Notre Dame and nearly blew leads against South Carolina and North Carolina. Their defense has looked mediocre the past 2 weeks and I'm not sure they match up well with a physical team like Alabama.

They beat Syracuse, Notre Dame, Florida State, and North Carolina. The ACC just won a National title the year before last. I think people are overrating the Big 12 who is so due for a win right now. Clemson has beaten over 35 ranked opponents over the past 5 years. You would be a (fool) to overlook this. And half of those wins are top 10
teams. Close only counts in horseshoes. A win is a win. They know how to finish games. Do you get it now.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 4:41:03 PM
At 12/9/2015 3:58:38 PM, inferno wrote:

They beat Syracuse, Notre Dame, Florida State, and North Carolina. The ACC just won a National title the year before last. I think people are overrating the Big 12 who is so due for a win right now. Clemson has beaten over 35 ranked opponents over the past 5 years. You would be a (fool) to overlook this. And half of those wins are top 10
teams. Close only counts in horseshoes. A win is a win. They know how to finish games. Do you get it now.

Syracuse is 4-8" hardly a quality win. As for Florida State, Notre Dame, and UNC, none of those were road games. The other 3 teams in the playoff have quality road wins

Oklahoma won at Baylor and at Oklahoma State
Michigan State won at Ohio State
Alabama won on the road at Georgia 38-10, at Mississippi State 31-6, and at Texas A&M 41-23

Clemson's best road win was a 3 point squeaker at Louisville.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:51:59 PM
At 12/9/2015 4:41:03 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Syracuse is 4-8" hardly a quality win. As for Florida State, Notre Dame, and UNC, none of those were road games. The other 3 teams in the playoff have quality road wins

Alabama won on the road at Georgia 38-10, at Mississippi State 31-6, and at Texas A&M 41-23

And Clemsons Bowl Game record is astounding.
LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ohio State.
Still they win when it counts. It doesnt matter where you play the Tigers.
They can and usually do win. Thats why they are number one.
They have beaten (everybody) already.
So whats your point? =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 6:53:54 PM

They beat Okahoma in (2) straight bowl games. You cannot be serious.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2015 10:19:36 PM
At 12/9/2015 6:53:54 PM, inferno wrote:

That was last year. The rosters are different now. Beating a team in the previous few seasons does nothing to benefit them in the present day.
Ashton
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2015 2:29:40 AM

Clemson has only played Oklahoma one time in the Bob Stoops era.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:02:39 PM
Posted: 12 months ago
At 12/9/2015 10:19:36 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

That was last year. The rosters are different now. Beating a team in the previous few seasons does nothing to benefit them in the present day.

The same can be said about Clemson and Deshaun Watson, who is arguably the best quarterback they have ever had, is on the field this season. He has already gotten 41 touchdowns this season. The 4th highest in ACC History. And no, he isn't done yet. I think you better think twice about how Clemson actually is. Underrate them if you want to. But youre gonna be surprised at how good they are against the Sooners. Who are NOT undefeated. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:06:53 PM
At 12/10/2015 2:29:40 AM, GrittyWorm wrote:

Clemson has only played Oklahoma one time in the Bob Stoops era.

And they will beat them again. Remember the ACC won the title with Florida State the year before last. Sleep on them if you want to. They have earned my respect.
Forget the Fig 12.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:18:28 PM
At 12/11/2015 2:02:39 PM, inferno wrote:

The same can be said about Clemson and Deshaun Watson, who is arguably the best quarterback they have ever had, is on the field this season. He has already gotten 41 touchdowns this season. The 4th highest in ACC History. And no, he isn't done yet. I think you better think twice about how Clemson actually is. Underrate them if you want to. But youre gonna be surprised at how good they are against the Sooners. Who are NOT undefeated. =)

Baker Mayfield has been just as good, if not better than Deshaun Watson. I bet if Mayfield starts last years bowl game, the result looks way different. And the Big 12 was a much tougher conference (outside of winless Kansas) than the ACC. 7 teams made bowl games -which in a 10 team league with only a 3 game non-conference schedule- is very impressive.

Also since that Texas loss Oklahoma has only looked better. They've won convincingly in every game (Except for TCU in which they lead 30-13). I'd like to see Clemson attempt to go into Stillwater and win by 35 points. Also virtually every metric has Oklahoma as a favorite. Vegas also has the Sooners winning.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 2:29:12 PM
At 12/11/2015 2:18:28 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Baker Mayfield has been just as good, if not better than Deshaun Watson. I bet if Mayfield starts last years bowl game, the result looks way different. And the Big 12 was a much tougher conference (outside of winless Kansas) than the ACC. 7 teams made bowl games -which in a 10 team league with only a 3 game non-conference schedule- is very impressive.

Also since that Texas loss Oklahoma has only looked better. They've won convincingly in every game (Except for TCU in which they lead 30-13). I'd like to see Clemson attempt to go into Stillwater and win by 35 points. Also virtually every metric has Oklahoma as a favorite. Vegas also has the Sooners winning.

The fact is you lost to a team that is 4-7 now. You lost to a team that isn't even in the top 25. You lost to a team that had a previous losing season. Excuses, excuses. Clemson has beaten them all. Including Ohio State. And you were saying.
GrittyWorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2015 11:50:54 PM
At 12/11/2015 2:29:12 PM, inferno wrote:

The fact is you lost to a team that is 4-7 now. You lost to a team that isn't even in the top 25. You lost to a team that had a previous losing season. Excuses, excuses. Clemson has beaten them all. Including Ohio State. And you were saying.

OU had a team meeting much like the Tebow rant. Florida then became indestructable. After OU's meeting Mayfield declared OU would never look like that again. I've learned to believe in the man. Can Clemson beat the Sooners?sure. But have you watched them play? They look scary. The oddsmakers say OU has the greatest chance of winning it all out of the 4. Do they know something that you do not? Hmmmm....
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2016 4:26:23 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 12/11/2015 11:50:54 PM, GrittyWorm wrote:
At 12/11/2015 2:29:12 PM, inferno wrote:

OU had a team meeting much like the Tebow rant. Florida then became indestructable. After OU's meeting Mayfield declared OU would never look like that again. I've learned to believe in the man. Can Clemson beat the Sooners?sure. But have you watched them play? They look scary. The oddsmakers say OU has the greatest chance of winning it all out of the 4. Do they know something that you do not? Hmmmm....

Well as usual, I was right, and you were wrong. And of course as you do know by now the Clemson Tigers destroyed Oklahoma State last week with the final score of
get this, 37-17. Gimme one reason why you should doubt who is most definitely
the best quarterback in the game right now. Deshaun Watson. It looked like he was playing against a high school team, nevermind how Clemsons defense trampled
over Oklahoma. They are weak. Now Alabama, that's a different story. They crushed Big 10 favorite Michigan State, 38-0. Anyway, its not even anything to talk about there. We will
see how this one plays out January 11, 2016. =)