Jump to topic:

Bears 3-0

wesswll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 6:39:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't think the Bears deserve to be 3-0. The Packers are a superior team, and lost only through bad discipline on their part, amassing 18 total penalties throughout the game. The Bears hardly did anything to win that game, and they will lose when they play at Lambeau. The Cowboys game, I have no problem with them winning, the Bears played well and the Cowboys didn't. But the most outrageous game was the Lions game, in which hey lost because of quite possibly the worst call I have ever seen made. In my eyes, the Bears should be 1-2, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about them. Are they for real or did they just catch a few lucky breaks?
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2010 11:11:17 PM
At 10/1/2010 6:39:31 PM, wesswll wrote:
I don't think the Bears deserve to be 3-0. The Packers are a superior team, and lost only through bad discipline on their part, amassing 18 total penalties throughout the game. The Bears hardly did anything to win that game, and they will lose when they play at Lambeau. The Cowboys game, I have no problem with them winning, the Bears played well and the Cowboys didn't. But the most outrageous game was the Lions game, in which hey lost because of quite possibly the worst call I have ever seen made. In my eyes, the Bears should be 1-2, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought about them. Are they for real or did they just catch a few lucky breaks?

The Lions were 6-2 at Season's Half one year recently, so shift happens in the NFL, it isn't really anything new.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 8:53:10 AM
At 10/1/2010 6:39:31 PM, wesswll wrote:
I don't think the Bears deserve to be 3-0.

Don't worry; after Sunday they will be 3-1!

GOOOO GIANTS!!!!

(I now I am operating on an ideal level, but what would we be without dreams?)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 9:11:23 AM
Why didn't the Bears deserve the win over the Packers? The Packers admittedly "beat themselves" mostly with penalties and of course that one pivotal fumble in the last few minutes. This happens in football all the time and that's why discipline is imperative. The fact that the Packers didn't show enough discipline means they didn't earn the win. The thing to remember is that all players in the NFL are good; if they weren't then they wouldn't have made it! That's why you expect mistakes to be capitalized on. They probably shouldn't have won against the Lions (though a lot of teams were out of sync that first week) and I didn't see the Cowboys game but apparently they earned that win against a formidable opponent. This week they're facing the Giants and I picked the Giants to win BUT the odds are actually in the Bears' favor according to reports I've seen. Not only are they going to try and continue a perfect season but Cutler has been really mature and effective in the pocket. Plus if it's a game that comes down to FG's they've got one of the best kickers in the league which is a significant help. My only hope is that the Giants don't get behind early. That always seems to shake stupid Eli up. Lol I hate one of my favorite team's QB and especially their head coach... weird :p
President of DDO
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2010 10:23:09 AM
At 10/2/2010 9:11:23 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Why didn't the Bears deserve the win over the Packers? The Packers admittedly "beat themselves" mostly with penalties and of course that one pivotal fumble in the last few minutes. This happens in football all the time and that's why discipline is imperative. The fact that the Packers didn't show enough discipline means they didn't earn the win. The thing to remember is that all players in the NFL are good; if they weren't then they wouldn't have made it! That's why you expect mistakes to be capitalized on. They probably shouldn't have won against the Lions (though a lot of teams were out of sync that first week) and I didn't see the Cowboys game but apparently they earned that win against a formidable opponent. This week they're facing the Giants and I picked the Giants to win BUT the odds are actually in the Bears' favor according to reports I've seen. Not only are they going to try and continue a perfect season but Cutler has been really mature and effective in the pocket. Plus if it's a game that comes down to FG's they've got one of the best kickers in the league which is a significant help. My only hope is that the Giants don't get behind early. That always seems to shake stupid Eli up. Lol I hate one of my favorite team's QB and especially their head coach... weird :p

As of now the Cowboys are not formidable opponents until they prove otherwise.
They lost to the Bears and the Redskins, not exactly proving much.