My school finds its way

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2010 7:48:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
...onto the Internet.

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but our JV team made teh Interwebz when the running back of the opposing team failed. This happened last year, apparently. I was not aware of it until this year, when I saw the video, and it wasn't until last month that I learned that it was our team that was on defense.

No, the band does not attend JV games, so I didn't see this live.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 4:28:33 PM
At 10/5/2010 8:16:03 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
Some of those guys looked a little big to be on JV.

Look again. They're relatively skinny and only slightly above average in height.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 4:30:15 PM
Wow.... That was kinda funny and kinda sad. I know they're only JV, but damn... Your school is awesome. ;)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 4:35:05 PM
At 10/5/2010 8:29:06 PM, zGodMode wrote:
That really shouldn't have been a touchdown, I mean seriously, his forward progress was wayyyy done.

except for the fact that he THREW the ball up LOL

and he had ran backwards in the first place... it's hard to tell when he stopped TRYING to go backwards LOL....

If YOU run backwards you don't get forward progress... and if you throw the ball up in the air... it's a Fumble... or at best an incomplete pass.

what a dummy.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 4:37:06 PM
and he threw it backwards (and not to anyone either)... so the ball's still indisputably live either way.

what a dummy :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 4:58:55 PM
I think he was trying to make it an incomplete pass (which would have resulted in no loss of yards), but failed as our team steamrolled over him.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 5:03:42 PM
At 10/6/2010 4:58:55 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I think he was trying to make it an incomplete pass (which would have resulted in no loss of yards), but failed as our team steamrolled over him.

Actually that kinda brings up-- is it possible to get an incomplete pass throwing underhand, or would it be ruled a fumble even if the ball went to what was actually forward? Odd scenario.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 5:07:34 PM
At 10/6/2010 5:03:42 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 10/6/2010 4:58:55 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Actually that kinda brings up-- is it possible to get an incomplete pass throwing underhand, or would it be ruled a fumble even if the ball went to what was actually forward? Odd scenario.

i'd say a pitch forward past the LO Scrimmage is a pass.

I'm pretty sure the "pass" this kid threw was backwards though (and CLEARLY behind the LOS :) so... I'd think it ought to be a fumble.... like any other missed pitch.

Metaphysics:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 5:14:17 PM
just looked it up somewhere:
"Answer: A forward pass, is a forward pass, is a forward pass. It can be thrown overhand, underhand, one-handed, two-handed or between your legs. The direction it travels is the only deciding factor as to whether it's forward or backward. "
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 5:15:00 PM
presumably that means the LOS is incapable of affecting whether it is a fumble.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 5:15:00 PM
At 10/6/2010 5:07:34 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I'm pretty sure the "pass" this kid threw was backwards though (and CLEARLY behind the LOS :) so... I'd think it ought to be a fumble.... like any other missed pitch.

It was definitely a fumble officially. It was ruled as such.

I don't think there is any rule that missed passes have to cross the line of scrimmage. Wikipedia certainly doesn't say there is (http://en.wikipedia.org...) and I've seen our varsity qb intentionally down the ball in front of the los before and it was still ruled a incomplete pass.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2010 5:15:40 PM
At 10/6/2010 5:15:00 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
presumably that means the LOS is incapable of affecting whether it is a fumble.

Yep