Any Miami Dolphins fans out there?

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2015 8:09:00 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
Or am I the only one...

I just have to say - it's hard being a Dolphins fan. I'm sure some of you Lions or Browns fans know what I mean, gosh, it's just... as a fan I am so powerless to do anything about it - you know what I mean?

This is why I don't like getting involved in sports like football, no matter how much I scream at the screen, it's out of my hands. My poor team... *sigh*

At-least I've got the Heat. They're alright.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 6:26:49 PM
At 12/22/2015 8:09:00 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Or am I the only one...

I just have to say - it's hard being a Dolphins fan. I'm sure some of you Lions or Browns fans know what I mean, gosh, it's just... as a fan I am so powerless to do anything about it - you know what I mean?

This is why I don't like getting involved in sports like football, no matter how much I scream at the screen, it's out of my hands. My poor team... *sigh*

It could be worse. The Panthers had a 13-year no play-off appearance before but we've been getting progressively better. This year we kind of just came outta nowhere. Just keep the faith and don't let your loyalty waiver.

Do you watch the games by yourself or with friends?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 6:56:19 PM
At 12/23/2015 6:26:49 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Or am I the only one...

It could be worse. The Panthers had a 13-year no play-off appearance before but we've been getting progressively better. This year we kind of just came outta nowhere. Just keep the faith and don't let your loyalty waiver.

Yeah, it's actually been like a cycle for me. I went from caring, to being apathetic - yet still saying that I'm a Dolphins fan if asked. This season my interest came back because we got rid of the coach, had a new coach step up full of energy, and we started winning again. Then, we starting failing, and now have a 5-9 record. So, it's like I finally got my hopes up again only to be disappointed. All of this leads me to just want to be apathetic again, as I feel now that the highs don't justify the lows.

So, ultimately, I want to love and support my team - but it's just not worth it since they constantly let me down. That's how I'm feeling, which in itself is awful since a fan shouldn't have to feel this way.

I watch them with a friend or two, but only sporadically. I'm, by no means, an avid watcher and probably catch only 30% of the seasonal games.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 7:04:49 PM
At 12/23/2015 6:56:19 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Yeah, it's actually been like a cycle for me. I went from caring, to being apathetic - yet still saying that I'm a Dolphins fan if asked. This season my interest came back because we got rid of the coach, had a new coach step up full of energy, and we started winning again. Then, we starting failing, and now have a 5-9 record. So, it's like I finally got my hopes up again only to be disappointed. All of this leads me to just want to be apathetic again, as I feel now that the highs don't justify the lows.

So, ultimately, I want to love and support my team - but it's just not worth it since they constantly let me down. That's how I'm feeling, which in itself is awful since a fan shouldn't have to feel this way.

I watch them with a friend or two, but only sporadically. I'm, by no means, an avid watcher and probably catch only 30% of the seasonal games.

Yeah, kind of a "fair-weather" fan? More vocal and supportive of your team when they're winning and more reserved when they aren't. I'm kind of that way myself. If we're having a terrible season I keep quiet about it and don't talk much but if we're doing great, like now, I must sing to the world our accomplishments.

I've found that it's always better to watch the games with multiple friends who are also sports fans. It keeps the drive and motivation for me and I like the camaraderie. Usually the more you have around you the better the experience. Thinking more about it now, I catch more games when I made it a social ritual with my friends than when I can only watch them myself.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2015 7:10:38 PM
At 12/23/2015 7:04:49 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 12/23/2015 6:56:19 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Yeah, kind of a "fair-weather" fan? More vocal and supportive of your team when they're winning and more reserved when they aren't. I'm kind of that way myself. If we're having a terrible season I keep quiet about it and don't talk much but if we're doing great, like now, I must sing to the world our accomplishments.

Kinda... but not really. I've never really had much interest in sports in general fan-wise. My dad brought me to a Dolphins game once when I was a kid and I ended up playing on my game-boy the whole time. It just never pulled me in. However, if someone asked me what my teams are, I'd always say Dolphins just because of geographical loyalty more than anything. The last few years, I haven't followed them at all. It was just this most recent season, with the coaching change and killer win or two, I was actually excited and starting getting interested again. But now, I feel like a fool for doing so, and it's just re-affirming my initial act of remaining apathetic when it comes to pro sports.

I will say though, it was mighty fun watching them win those few games. It's just that is was also a mighty bummer seeing them be sub-par yet again. I guess I am a hot/cold fan though, were I only truly gain interest in them if they are performing well or show promise of performing well.

I've found that it's always better to watch the games with multiple friends who are also sports fans. It keeps the drive and motivation for me and I like the camaraderie. Usually the more you have around you the better the experience. Thinking more about it now, I catch more games when I made it a social ritual with my friends than when I can only watch them myself.

I agree that they are more enjoyable to watch with friends, that's a fact haha :)
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 2:12:07 AM
Lol @the Dolphins.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2015 6:13:28 AM
Or am I the only one...

I used to be a dolphins fan then I moved to Jacksonville and became a Jags fan

Its actually better. As a Dolphins fan, I always had my expectations let down by the team finishing 8-8 every year it seemed. But as a Jags fan, I never have to have expectations in the first place, so its a pleasant surprise whenever they decide to win :D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015