Kevin Kolb or Mike Vick?

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2010 4:37:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
There's another thread on this ;)

I like Vick (as much as it pains me to say that... I'm a huge dog lover). However Andy Reid and the Eagles should definitely stick with Kolb. The only reason Vick played was because Kolb got injured. Vick went in and played great. After Vick's injury, Kolb went in and played great. Ultimately Kolb is playing great right now, and he's the one Andy Reid based the whole system around in the first place. It wouldn't make sense to swap him for Vick at the moment, but I think Vick's made a statement about what he is still capable of doing with a football. Before his injury we can't forget that people were calling for him as a possible league MVP. I just ultimately think he should leave the Eagles and be the starting QB somewhere else, like possibly the Raiders.
President of DDO
SaintNick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2010 1:14:36 PM
Lifelong Eagles fan here! First let me say that MCNABB should be the starting qb right now. But I mostly agree with Lwerd but I say that Vick should start, because he's proven that he's the better qb. Kolb is more reliable but I just can't picture Kolb leading the team to a championship, and I see that better with Vick who plays more inspired.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2010 5:22:36 PM
Eagles are my #2 team (Pack, Eagles, Jets - I like the green teams).

It's kinda tough but I gotta say Kolb. Hopefully Kolb becomes a great QB for them... I haven't seen that Vick is all that great with his throwing, he is just a really good runner. The Eagles have definitely benefited from his running, but honestly this isn't college football and those stupid tricks they are trying to pull with running him aren't working as well as I would like. Teams are good when they have a dangerous running game and a dangerous passing game. Vick doesn't really spread the backfield out a lot because he's just not a big passer, and teams can do well against the Eagles by just expecting runs 90% of the time.

I still would be on the fence despite this, due to Vick's more established and seasoned career, except for two things: he puts himself out there to get injured too much, and his negative PR baggage. They can't afford to have their starting QB running around getting destroyed by linebackers (who seem to have less concern for his safety than they do other players) while he should be in the pocket getting rid of the ball or sliding in for the safe gain. There's a reason most QBs slide, after all. Rodgers (GB) likes to stand up with the ball and not slide as well and I hold my breath every time he does that.

Besides, who wants to root for a team led by Michael Vick? I'd rather root for Favre, Mcnabb, Rodgers... Vick and Roethlesburger are just pieces of sh11 and at the end of the day they are only going to detract from my appreciation of the team.

They could get some sweet trades for Vick now that they've showed him off.
no comment
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2010 8:14:52 PM
At 10/19/2010 5:22:36 PM, Caramel wrote:

It's kinda tough but I gotta say Kolb. Hopefully Kolb becomes a great QB for them... I haven't seen that Vick is all that great with his throwing, he is just a really good runner. The Eagles have definitely benefited from his running, but honestly this isn't college football and those stupid tricks they are trying to pull with running him aren't working as well as I would like. Teams are good when they have a dangerous running game and a dangerous passing game. Vick doesn't really spread the backfield out a lot because he's just not a big passer, and teams can do well against the Eagles by just expecting runs 90% of the time.

Vick has yet to throw an interception. Vick has already rushed for 100 yards on a team this year. Vick is one of those quarterbacks where his running will work in the NFL. The run he did before he got injured was beautiful. "Houdini in cleats". I like Mike Vick more than Kolb because he has the cannon arm and the experience. Not to mention it is really hard to sack Mike Vick. Defensive lines tire out alot easier when Mike Vick is on the field. Coaches have to run more spy defenses because of Vick.

Besides, who wants to root for a team led by Michael Vick? I'd rather root for Favre, Mcnabb, Rodgers... Vick and Roethlesburger are just pieces of sh11 and at the end of the day they are only going to detract from my appreciation of the team.

Forgive the man already... Are you a vegetarian? If not you should not complain.

NINERS BABY! cmon give him to us! Philly is squandering his talents.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2010 8:54:20 PM
At 10/19/2010 8:14:52 PM, Loserboi wrote:

Vick has yet to throw an interception. Vick has already rushed for 100 yards on a team this year. Vick is one of those quarterbacks where his running will work in the NFL. The run he did before he got injured was beautiful. "Houdini in cleats". I like Mike Vick more than Kolb because he has the cannon arm and the experience. Not to mention it is really hard to sack Mike Vick. Defensive lines tire out alot easier when Mike Vick is on the field. Coaches have to run more spy defenses because of Vick.

Yeah but he isn't a pass threat like Kolb.

Forgive the man already... Are you a vegetarian? If not you should not complain.

Not complaining, just saying it's not as cool rooting for a team if the team isn't honorable. I can enjoy watching him and even root for him but it is a stain. The Favre thing is different; what sports legend doesn't cheat on his wife anyway?

The 9ers are a waste of uniforms.
no comment
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2010 9:18:09 PM
At 10/19/2010 8:54:20 PM, Caramel wrote:

Michael Vick proved this year he is a passing threat. They said he was putting up MVP stats this year before he got hurt. 6touchdowns no interceptions a 108.8 QB rating, and 187 rushing yards by a quarterback. He is a passing and running threat. I am more scared of Vick than Kolb.

THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS!
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2010 12:05:15 AM
At 10/19/2010 9:18:09 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 10/19/2010 8:54:20 PM, Caramel wrote:

Michael Vick proved this year he is a passing threat. They said he was putting up MVP stats this year before he got hurt. 6touchdowns no interceptions a 108.8 QB rating, and 187 rushing yards by a quarterback. He is a passing and running threat. I am more scared of Vick than Kolb.

All that matters is how good they can throw it. I am assuming Kolb is better at throwing, else why would they sacrifice Vick's running game and experience to play him? I know Vick can run, but if he can't hit the receivers on the money 40 yards out at full speed then he's not going to be a great QB.

THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS!

Here's hoping you can put up more of a fight than the 9ers...
no comment
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2010 2:41:22 PM
At 10/20/2010 12:05:15 AM, Caramel wrote:
All that matters is how good they can throw it. I am assuming Kolb is better at throwing, else why would they sacrifice Vick's running game and experience to play him? I know Vick can run, but if he can't hit the receivers on the money 40 yards out at full speed then he's not going to be a great QB.

It's not true that how well they can throw it is the ONLY thing that matters. Obviously it's the most important, but as Loserboi said, Vick isn't doing too shabby in the passing department including no interceptions in 4 games. Kolb isn't putting up way higher numbers than Vick (they're actually incredibly similar). In fact Vick has a higher QB rating. Did you watch the Eagles games by any chance? All the sports commentators were particularly impressed by his accuracy even calling it "laser like precision." I think that if he were to play, he should pass a lot more to open up room for the run. He's obviously capable. On paper Kolb is probably slightly better, and I do think he should be playing right now, but I just prefer Vick. Kolb lacks a certain presence and enthusiasm.
President of DDO
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 4:00:44 PM
Yeah eagles are my second fav team and I have to say I am happy to see vick in there despite my reasoning to the contrary.
no comment
HateLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 10:57:26 PM
At 10/28/2010 4:00:44 PM, Caramel wrote:
Yeah eagles are my second fav team and I have to say I am happy to see vick in there despite my reasoning to the contrary.

Vick is a better quarterback in every aspect of the position than kevin kolb
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 12:54:28 PM
At 10/28/2010 10:57:26 PM, HateLife wrote:

You are obviously not considering PR. Strictly ON the field, I am begining to acquiesce on the subject. I think he runs too damned much to stay healthy though; there's a reason, after-all, that most QBs slide.
no comment
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 1:11:31 PM
At 10/29/2010 12:54:28 PM, Caramel wrote:
At 10/28/2010 10:57:26 PM, HateLife wrote:

You are obviously not considering PR. Strictly ON the field, I am begining to acquiesce on the subject. I think he runs too damned much to stay healthy though; there's a reason, after-all, that most QBs slide.

What's PR?