Jump to topic:

Sports Casters made common error with Broncos

j50wells
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 8:05:37 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Sports casters made a common error with Super Bowl 50. They bought into the hype. Many of them were sold on Cam Newton and thought that he was unstoppable. Many of them did the same thing with Manning two years ago.
However, any thinking sports caster should have seen the coming brickhouse stoppage of Manning. They didn't want to see it. They didn't want to be the bad guy picking on the poor, black kid.
The facts: The Bronco D stopped Brady, the best QB in the NFL this year. Then, the Bronco D stopped Roethlisberger, arguably one of the top three QB's in the NFL in the last ten years. Yet, they said nothing about the Orange Crush and how it might just ruin Newton's debut at the Super Bowl.
I'm just ranting....someone needs to...I never see these sports casters admitting their mistakes.
U.n
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 1:16:22 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/8/2016 8:05:37 PM, j50wells wrote:
Sports casters made a common error with Super Bowl 50. They bought into the hype. Many of them were sold on Cam Newton and thought that he was unstoppable. Many of them did the same thing with Manning two years ago.
However, any thinking sports caster should have seen the coming brickhouse stoppage of Manning. They didn't want to see it. They didn't want to be the bad guy picking on the poor, black kid.
The facts: The Bronco D stopped Brady, the best QB in the NFL this year. Then, the Bronco D stopped Roethlisberger, arguably one of the top three QB's in the NFL in the last ten years. Yet, they said nothing about the Orange Crush and how it might just ruin Newton's debut at the Super Bowl.
I'm just ranting....someone needs to...I never see these sports casters admitting their mistakes.

Carolina was going into that game with a potent defense of their own. They had just held the NFL's #1 offense, Arizona Cardinals, to 15 points in the Conference Game. And they did so in impressive fashion - forcing six turnovers (7 if you count the muffed punt). And Denver didn't exactly have a high powered offense this year, they certainly didn't do much on O in the Super Bowl.

So while it was safe to predict that Denver would give Carolina's offense a challenge. It's more than unfair to claim that Carolina's defense wasn't expected to do the same to Denver's O.