Jump to topic:

Moss is a Titan!

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:33:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Young isn't known to be the most accurate QB, though he's pretty gutsy with the long ball which will be good for Randy. Plus if anyone can get up there and grab it, it's Moss. I think this could be a good fit. Jeff Fisher should be able to keep Moss in check (attitude wise) and maybe this gives the Titans the edge they need. I personally adore the Titans, so next week will be interesting to watch... or whenever their BYE week is over :)
President of DDO
GrabYoSocks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 11:57:39 AM
I have been following Vince since he worked his magic against my Michigan Wolverines in the 05 Rosebowl.
Now finaly he has a true WR to throw to, I hope he does well.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 1:47:21 PM
Yeah, I friggin love Vince. He's one of my faves. GOOD LUCK, TITES! I'm indifferent about Moss; hopefully he ditches that Patriot, diva New England attitude and helps the Titans produce a winning season.
President of DDO
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 2:23:53 PM
Moss this, Moss that...

I think this brings the level of respect for football down a few notches. A player can be popular enough to start whining and be traded around until he stops? This is not a fair turn of events for any of these teams and it sets a bad example. I want to see the superbowl won by a team who trades well and develops good draft picks unto superstars; I don't want to see a team win it because a player started screaming about bad food and was traded for bad PR. That's nearly as bad as simply seeing a team buy all the good players and win...
no comment
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 8:20:55 PM
At 11/4/2010 2:23:53 PM, Caramel wrote:
Moss this, Moss that...

I think this brings the level of respect for football down a few notches. A player can be popular enough to start whining and be traded around until he stops? This is not a fair turn of events for any of these teams and it sets a bad example. I want to see the superbowl won by a team who trades well and develops good draft picks unto superstars; I don't want to see a team win it because a player started screaming about bad food and was traded for bad PR. That's nearly as bad as simply seeing a team buy all the good players and win...

Moss didn't ask to leave the Patriots, and technically he didn't ask to be released by the Vikings either. He didn't whine to be traded. Yeah, it sucks that he's an a$shole but his personality as an individual has no bearing on the game of football, and the league already has conduct policies that get people in trouble for bad PR (see: Big Ben being suspended for 4 games and all practices for allegedly sexually assaulting someone, even without criminal charges being filed). If the Titans win, I'll be happy for them even though Moss is a brat. However I can see why b!tchy personalities turn you off; it's partially why I hate the Pats.
President of DDO
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 9:27:10 PM
At 11/4/2010 8:20:55 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Moss this, Moss that...

Moss didn't ask to leave the Patriots, and technically he didn't ask to be released by the Vikings either. He didn't whine to be traded. Yeah, it sucks that he's an a$shole but his personality as an individual has no bearing on the game of football, and the league already has conduct policies that get people in trouble for bad PR (see: Big Ben being suspended for 4 games and all practices for allegedly sexually assaulting someone, even without criminal charges being filed). If the Titans win, I'll be happy for them even though Moss is a brat. However I can see why b!tchy personalities turn you off; it's partially why I hate the Pats.

What I really hate is how the game of football is so influenced by things that aren't football. Teams with more money buy star players, referees constantly change the perceived outcome of games, PR dramatics turns into significant shifts of power between teams, contract disputes over money (between filthy rich players and even richer teams)... We might even see next season shut down completely over player strikes. The NFL isn't an agency of the federal government but it sure feels like one. The game of football should be influenced only by the players and coaching staff. Any other influences only dilute the fairness and enjoyability of the game.
no comment
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2010 6:01:17 PM
At 11/4/2010 9:27:10 PM, Caramel wrote:
At 11/4/2010 8:20:55 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Moss this, Moss that...

What I really hate is how the game of football is so influenced by things that aren't football. Teams with more money buy star players, referees constantly change the perceived outcome of games, PR dramatics turns into significant shifts of power between teams, contract disputes over money (between filthy rich players and even richer teams)... We might even see next season shut down completely over player strikes. The NFL isn't an agency of the federal government but it sure feels like one. The game of football should be influenced only by the players and coaching staff. Any other influences only dilute the fairness and enjoyability of the game.

I dont think buying players really matter in football... football is probably the only sport where the team chemistry like matters in a big way. Some players are only good because of the coaching system they were in look at Albert Haynesworth, T.J houshmanzadeh. Every year the superbowl is hard to predict you can buy a team and still not win like the 2002 oakland raiders,
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:12:39 PM
You really can't buy a team in a game with a salary cap.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 6:40:49 PM
At 11/7/2010 6:12:39 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

What cap????

"In the 2010 season, due to the NFL team owners deciding to opt out of their collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the players' union, there will be no operable salary cap."
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 7:04:24 PM
At 11/7/2010 6:40:49 PM, comoncents wrote:

What cap????

"In the 2010 season, due to the NFL team owners deciding to opt out of their collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the players' union, there will be no operable salary cap."

Good... i think salary caps ruin the game.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 9:53:56 PM
Naw... Football is a game, and if a game is gonna be fair (and fun) it has to have rules that limit outside influence. Money shouldn't affect the game. I don't play Magic the Gathering anymore for similar reasoning; although skill is involved, its more about who wants to waste the most money on cards...
no comment
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2010 11:31:01 PM

What cap????

Forgot that. Amended:
You really can't buy a team in one year when almost every ****ing free agent out there is restricted.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 3:53:04 AM
At 11/7/2010 11:31:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

What cap????

Forgot that. Amended:
You really can't buy a team in one year when almost every ****ing free agent out there is restricted.

Thats true