Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Should NFL return Pats draft picks?

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:46:14 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
SI sportswriter and glorified New England beat writer Peter King claims that Roger Goodell should return the New England Patriots 2016 first-round draft pick and 2017 fourth-round draft pick. Aka the draft picks they lost due to DeflateGate (2014 AFC Championship Game).

King essentially regurgitates the same biased rhetoric that's been coming out of New England for the last two years: all of the evidence against New England is circumstantial and the Wells Report, produced by independent arbitrator Ted Wells, was full of lies. I'll spare you the nauseating details.

As punishment for the deflated footballs, Commissioner Roger Goodell had fined New England $1 million, suspended Tom Brady four games, and docked the team two draft picks.

Brady never had to serve his suspension, the $1 million fine (pennies for a multi-billion dollar franchise) has zero impact on the on-field product, and now King claims the NFL should give the Patriots their draft picks back - negating the punishment almost entirely.

Should the NFL return the DeflateGate draft picks back to New England?
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:09:23 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 2/22/2016 1:46:14 PM, U.n wrote:

Of course not.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW