All time great?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 1:12:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/8/2010 12:57:32 PM, Loserboi wrote:

Do you agree with this?! Peyton Manning number 8 greatest of all time players in history?

I don't like to judge players on their careers, until they are done with their careers. A truly great player can really muck it up by retiring too soon (Barry Sanders) or by not retiring at the right time (*cough* *cough*). Wait til he's done, then we can truly measure him.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GrabYoSocks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 2:25:44 PM

Do you agree with this?! Peyton Manning number 8 greatest of all time players in history?

I think he "will" be in the top 10 maybe even top 5 after all is said and done, especialy since he might with his 5th league MVP this year. he surely will be with names like Joe Montana,Brett Favre, John Elway, and Dan Marino.

My top 5 are:

Jerry Rice #1 WR
Jim Brown my #1 RB
Joe Montana #1 QB
Walter Payton #2 RB
Lawrence Taylor #1 LB
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2010 3:57:47 PM
At 11/8/2010 2:25:44 PM, GrabYoSocks wrote:

I think he "will" be in the top 10 maybe even top 5 after all is said and done, especialy since he might with his 5th league MVP this year. he surely will be with names like Joe Montana,Brett Favre, John Elway, and Dan Marino.

My top 5 are:

Jerry Rice #1 WR
Jim Brown my #1 RB
Joe Montana #1 QB
Walter Payton #2 RB
Lawrence Taylor #1 LB

I don't think he should be anywhere near the top 10... Peyton Manning is just a stat getter, him being the best quarterback of this era is still up for debate. Tom Brady is ranked 21 all time and Brett Favre is 20 all time. It seems a little too extreme to put Peyton manning that much ahead of Favre who holds every passing record almost and Tom Brady who led the patriots to 3 superbowls as well as the guy who broke Peyton Manning's touchdown record. Manning's performance in the last superbowl should eliminate his title as a clutch quarterback...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 7:58:09 PM
At 11/8/2010 3:57:47 PM, Loserboi wrote:
I don't think he should be anywhere near the top 10... Peyton Manning is just a stat getter, him being the best quarterback of this era is still up for debate. Tom Brady is ranked 21 all time and Brett Favre is 20 all time. It seems a little too extreme to put Peyton manning that much ahead of Favre who holds every passing record almost and Tom Brady who led the patriots to 3 superbowls as well as the guy who broke Peyton Manning's touchdown record. Manning's performance in the last superbowl should eliminate his title as a clutch quarterback...

I get what you're saying, but to be fair, the Saints defense was pretty friggin awesome in that game. I agree with you and others before you though - that ultimately we need to see where he goes when it's all said and done, at the end of his career. However for some reason I feel like he'll probably be stagnant right where he is, not necessarily getting any better (though that's not saying anything negative necessarily considering he's AWESOME). Tom Brady I feel is a better QB than Peyton Manning though, so if Manning DOES somehow wind up in the top 5 or whatever, then I'm assuming at this rate that Brady will be right up there with him and probably a little higher. Regarding passing records, Favre was awesome but he had a lot of negatives too (never winning a Superbowl, infamous interception thrower, etc.). Plus a lot of his records are simply because he KEEPS PLAYING and not necessarily because he did SO much in a relative time span.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2010 9:01:43 PM
Favre was awesome but he had a lot of negatives too (never winning a Superbowl)

He won Super Bowl 31 against the New England Patriots.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2010 12:16:05 AM
At 11/11/2010 9:01:43 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Favre was awesome but he had a lot of negatives too (never winning a Superbowl)

He won Super Bowl 31 against the New England Patriots.

LOL everyone forgets that he won a superbowl because he was overshadowed by desmond-howard and Reggie White that game

I mean cmon the PR/KR won superbowl MVP
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2010 9:47:35 AM
this is an interesting read btw:

http://bluesundaycolts.blogspot.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 1:32:09 PM
Brett Favre is the #1 QB of all-time. You guys are Favre-bashing because this is the easiest time in history to do so (scandals, bad vikes record, age). Peyton Manning will be in a wheel-chair when he is 41 NEVER MIND playing in the NFL and continuing to smash records. Favre is showing signs of aging (BIG DEAL); he just had possibly the best game of his career 3 weeks ago. He has a SB ring and his name atop all the major records. All the talking heads on their shows (e.g., Aikman, Marino) WISH they still could be useful enough to be out there in the field instead of filling up $5,000 suits on talkshows making stupid jokes. With that said, Favre's utility is decreasing but no one is forcing the Vikings to play him; if they thought there was another QB better than they would be playing that QB I can assure you.
no comment