Jump to topic:

Who will Win the AFC West?

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 8:05:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
The question is simple, the answer, however, may not be. What is your opinion? While you're at it, go ahead and rank the entire division. Here's mine:

1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. Oakland Raiders
3. Denver Broncos
4. San Diego Chargers

If I get some responses, I'll give a more definitive explanation of my reasoning.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 9:31:56 PM
At 3/21/2016 8:05:40 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
The question is simple, the answer, however, may not be. What is your opinion? While you're at it, go ahead and rank the entire division. Here's mine:

1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. Oakland Raiders
3. Denver Broncos
4. San Diego Chargers

If I get some responses, I'll give a more definitive explanation of my reasoning.

1. Chiefs
2. Broncos
3. Raiders
4. Chargers

Chiefs have the most complete team, I think Smith has another solid year and that defense when healthy is one of the best. The Broncos may not have a good QB right now, but that defense is the best in the NFL and will lead them to the playoffs. The Raiders are just 1 year away from a playoff spot in my opinion, and Carr and co may surprise this year. I really hope Rivers makes one final deep playoff run before he retires, but I doubt this is the year it happens.
Ashton
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2016 10:30:05 PM
At 3/22/2016 9:31:56 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 3/21/2016 8:05:40 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. Oakland Raiders
3. Denver Broncos
4. San Diego Chargers

1. Chiefs
2. Broncos
3. Raiders
4. Chargers

Chiefs have the most complete team, I think Smith has another solid year and that defense when healthy is one of the best.

I agree.

The Broncos may not have a good QB right now, but that defense is the best in the NFL and will lead them to the playoffs.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. But a couple of key things happened to the Broncos (and the Raiders) that push the defending champs to #3.

First of all, the Broncos did nothing but lose, basically. They lost at QB (both Manning and Osweiler, who showed that he could do pretty well). Sanchez isn't an upgrade to either, or at least he hasn't proved that as of yet. This is a BIG hurt for the offense. As for the defense, they lost two very key players in Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan. That doesn't allow them to remain on top in terms of defense, it's just too big of a loss. The additions they made weren't timely or in the area where they need help the most. I'd give their free agency, so far at least, a C rating. But, given all this, they'd still be ranked #2... except for the Raiders' moves this offseason.

The Raiders are just 1 year away from a playoff spot in my opinion, and Carr and co may surprise this year.

I think they could win a wildcard spot this year, to be perfectly honest. The team had a scary good free agency, and has a lot of returning stars. Carr is doing very well, Murray showed some good play last year, and Cooper is doing very well. The offense was pretty good last year, and things like that only get better with time. The addition of Osemele will give more protection for the running game, and time for Carr to make a decision. On defense, they added Sean Smith and Bruce Irvin, both of which are solid players that can improve the defense. This team is looking pretty scary. I guess I just can't see how the Broncos will be able to adjust to an objectively worse team so quickly, especially with the Raiders becoming substantially more powerful.

I really hope Rivers makes one final deep playoff run before he retires, but I doubt this is the year it happens.

Yeah. Weddle was a huge loss.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW