Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2010 2:48:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Chelsea 0 – 3 Sunderland

http://news.bbc.co.uk...

Read it and weep you LOOSERS!

How does it feel as a supporter of the richest club in the world to get your over-privigegd arses kicked by us Northern yobboes, eh?

You must be as sick as parrots.

Heh-heh-heh-heh!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2010 9:40:32 PM
This post put almost as big a smile on my face as the match itself. I don't exactly have a favourite club but watching either Chelsea or Man City get humiliated by sides worth less in their entirety than any 3 players in their squad always brings tears of joy to my eyes.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 6:46:31 PM
Mike - As a Yankee fan I always find the idea of people loving when teams with a lot of expensive players lose pretty pathetic lol.
President of DDO
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2010 2:53:40 PM
At 11/20/2010 6:46:31 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Mike - As a Yankee fan I always find the idea of people loving when teams with a lot of expensive players lose pretty pathetic lol.

Lol you would.

I mean why bother winning the Championship (or the World Series ...) when you can just buy it? Tactics and game plans start to lose their meaning when you know that you have all of the best players.

That's not to mention player development. With baseball and other draft sports I guess it's a bit different, but in soccer most teams invest heavily in developing their own talent with some kids joining youth programs at 11 - 12 years old and then working their way up. That takes a lot of time and a lot of effort. But every once in a while you get a team like Chelsea or Manchester City who say "F*ck those kids, lets just buy winners" which basically just comes off looking like cheating because they're circumventing the whole development process. It's like a politician or company executive buying their position through bribes instead of earning it. There's a reason for the resentment.