Jump to topic:

Thoughts about Mike Vick?

GrabYoSocks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 8:25:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
What are your thoughts about this guy? As a football player, human, what ever.

I personaly believe once a dog killer, always a dog killer.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 8:27:39 AM
Animals don't have rights, hence Vick was within his.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 11:36:30 AM
At 11/18/2010 8:25:56 AM, GrabYoSocks wrote:
What are your thoughts about this guy? As a football player, human, what ever.

I personaly believe once a dog killer, always a dog killer.

HE IS THE MVP. OMG he has my vote for MVP, how he is playing right now is ridiculous, it is unprecedented, he is the most electrifying man in football. I think he is a stand-up guy and a guy who is really humble now.

Stop it with the dog killer thing already... He paid his time... it's over let it go. So what if he had dog fights, you act like the human population does not slaughter animals on a regular bases. We still have horse racing nobody gives the jockeys any bs. In horse racing when a horse becomes unable to race, they are automatically put down. Mike Vick made a mistake in his life and he paid for it with almost 2 years.
GrabYoSocks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 12:07:35 PM
Mike Vick made a mistake in his life and he paid for it with almost 2 years.

18 months in a minimum security prison is not enough!

Ok he is a good/great football player, I will give him that.
You can take a brotha out of the getto but you can't take the getto out of the Brotha.

2004 - 2 men were caught selling pot using Vicks truck.
2006 - he flipped off some fans.
2007 - he had a water bottle with a hiden compartment in it comfiscated by Miami airport security.
2007 - he admitted to the deaths of 6-8 dogs by drowning or hanging them.
2007 - he failed a random drug test for marijuana

Oh but he paid his dues. He is real stand up charactor now! He deserves a metal doesnt he?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 12:40:08 PM
At 11/18/2010 12:33:58 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Lol I think that his QB game will be ruined if the Dolphins enable a "Wild-Dog" defense. heheh

Give it up with the Dolphins already lol. As I told zGodMode before the season began... PFFT. If the Pats don't win the division, it'll be the Jets :P

To the OP -- I don't give a flying f*ck if Vick smoked pot, sold pot, etc. I love dogs, so what he did to them SUCKS. I believe he deserved to be punished, and he has been not only with jail time but by giving up a lot of money. He seems like a real a$shole of a person and certainly doesn't have my respect in that regard (flipping off fans? not cool - they pay your salary) BUT he's a hell of a football player! In that Redskins game... oh man... whenever the pass wasn't there, he would just run it for the first down every time lol. You've got Running Backs who only get first downs SOMETIMES; meanwhile this QB would run and get one pretty much every time *IF* he wasn't throwing for a TD or some other massive gain by air lol crazy.
President of DDO
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 12:44:34 PM
At 11/18/2010 12:40:08 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 11/18/2010 12:33:58 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Lol I think that his QB game will be ruined if the Dolphins enable a "Wild-Dog" defense. heheh

Give it up with the Dolphins already lol. As I told zGodMode before the season began... PFFT. If the Pats don't win the division, it'll be the Jets :P

To the OP -- I don't give a flying f*ck if Vick smoked pot, sold pot, etc. I love dogs, so what he did to them SUCKS. I believe he deserved to be punished, and he has been not only with jail time but by giving up a lot of money. He seems like a real a$shole of a person and certainly doesn't have my respect in that regard (flipping off fans? not cool - they pay your salary) BUT he's a hell of a football player! In that Redskins game... oh man... whenever the pass wasn't there, he would just run it for the first down every time lol. You've got Running Backs who only get first downs SOMETIMES; meanwhile this QB would run and get one pretty much every time *IF* he wasn't throwing for a TD or some other massive gain by air lol crazy.

The phins statistically have a chance at that 2nd wild card missy so shut yer trap.

As for the pot, hell Vick was my best supplier.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 12:52:07 PM
At 11/18/2010 12:07:35 PM, GrabYoSocks wrote:
Mike Vick made a mistake in his life and he paid for it with almost 2 years.

You can take a brotha out of the getto but you can't take the getto out of the Brotha.

2007 - he had a water bottle with a hiden compartment in it comfiscated by Miami airport security.

Oh but he paid his dues. He is real stand up charactor now! He deserves a metal doesnt he?

We kill animals everyday. He dosen't deserve a metal for the things he has done, but he deserves something for playing football the way he has played it. The guy is trying hard enough to repent. He works with PETA now, and talks to children about peer pressure. He has paid his dues to society, he is playing excellent football that is all i care about.
GrabYoSocks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 1:28:29 PM
I want your Dolphins to be successful, chad Henne, and Jake Long were the Heart of a semi decent Michigan Football team a few years ago.
Also I hope they can beat the Bears silly tonight! I can see Cameron Wake getting to Culter easy, with 2.5 sacks and 3-4 tackles for a lose.

He hasnt proven anything yet by the way! lets talk about MVP status in week 17
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2010 1:37:13 PM
At 11/18/2010 1:28:29 PM, GrabYoSocks wrote:
I want your Dolphins to be successful, chad Henne, and Jake Long were the Heart of a semi decent Michigan Football team a few years ago.
Also I hope they can beat the Bears silly tonight! I can see Cameron Wake getting to Culter easy, with 2.5 sacks and 3-4 tackles for a lose.

He hasnt proven anything yet by the way! lets talk about MVP status in week 17

Henne = injured
Long = The worst fail since Griese, Brian
Wake = Win
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2010 10:11:20 PM
I am truly proud of Vick. Vick has passed through some incredible trials and is emerging as a superstar with everything it takes to make it - namely talent and humility. Look at these proud a55holes like Moss, T.O., Ochocinco, etc. They are so full of themselves it is ridiculous. Vick goes out there every week and says how thankful he is, how appreciative he is... He is resisting the corruption that money and fame bring and keeping it true to his roots. He doesn't sound like a star, he sounds like a person who understands how lucky he is. He has taken his mistakes and has found that every setback is a blessing in disguise - if you respond accordingly. If he never got caught for the dog abuse then he would be another cocky Moss-type character turning ugly from the inside-out from the effects of money and fame. The mark of Cain is upon him and your mis-placed hatred for him will only increase his resolve to succeed. There is a reason, after all, that the Bible teaches not to judge Cain.
no comment
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2010 10:25:52 PM
At 11/18/2010 12:07:35 PM, GrabYoSocks wrote:
Mike Vick made a mistake in his life

According to some/many.

It's actually way more than he should have gotten, which is none.

So?

So?

Was there anything in it that suggested he wanted to harm others? If not, so?

They were his dogs weren't they?

...So?

Oh but he paid his dues.

No dues should have needed to be paid.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 12:24:42 AM
At 11/21/2010 10:31:19 PM, comoncents wrote:
Bull. Giants should have won! They had the game plan and vick is exposed!

Yeah they sure had the game plan alright lol. Someone should tell Eli that QBs slide feet first...
no comment
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 5:58:39 AM
At 11/18/2010 12:52:07 PM, Loserboi wrote:
He works with PETA now, and talks to children about peer pressure.

doesn't make him any less of a D-bag...

He has paid his dues to society,

LOL... he didn't owe society anything. Society put him in jail NOT to reap their due, but to prevent D-bags like him from acting as such.

he is playing excellent football that is all i care about.

Indeed he is.

and yet, despite that... having served his sentence... And working with Peta (LOL)

he's still a D-Bag.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 7:07:46 AM
At 11/21/2010 10:11:20 PM, Caramel wrote:
I am truly proud of Vick. Vick has passed through some incredible trials and is emerging as a superstar with everything it takes to make it - namely talent and humility. Look at these proud a55holes like Moss, T.O., Ochocinco, etc. They are so full of themselves it is ridiculous. Vick goes out there every week and says how thankful he is, how appreciative he is... He is resisting the corruption that money and fame bring and keeping it true to his roots. He doesn't sound like a star, he sounds like a person who understands how lucky he is. He has taken his mistakes and has found that every setback is a blessing in disguise - if you respond accordingly. If he never got caught for the dog abuse then he would be another cocky Moss-type character turning ugly from the inside-out from the effects of money and fame. The mark of Cain is upon him and your mis-placed hatred for him will only increase his resolve to succeed. There is a reason, after all, that the Bible teaches not to judge Cain.

lol

how bout if he seemed arrogant his career/life could very well end... (as it would be tough for a team to keep/sign him)

all he's got to make him special's his career.

he almost lost it... and now's learned to shut up and seem humble.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 1:54:17 PM
how bout if he seemed arrogant his career/life could very well end... (as it would be tough for a team to keep/sign him)

Vick's official dues are paid, and it is difficult to imagine that any team except maybe those with unbelievably good QBs (GB, IN, NE, NO, SD) wouldn't jump all over a chance to get him. It's safe to say that at least 20 teams would be in line to pick him up in the event he caused an issue.

all he's got to make him special's his career.

"all?"

he almost lost it... and now's learned to shut up and seem humble.

Yes, he has learned. That's more than I can say for the vast majority of the population, rich or not. Is he secretly Moss-like underneath the veil of humility? Perhaps. But a man cannot be judged for his thoughts, only his actions. And his actions right now rank up there with the greatest in the game today. He doesn't throw hissy-fits like Manning and Romo when he loses, he doesn't dance around like a fool and taunt the other teams and their fans like 99% of the players out there. Favre had achieved this level of humility for a while but he has seemed to have lost it this season, which is not really surprising given the humiliating scandals and wildly unsuccessful season he is having. Still, you can see how much more of a man he is then Romo or Manning when you watch him during unsuccessful plays. Manning and Romo will start crying and bitching immediately when they encounter any sort of problem (e.g., receiver runs wrong route, dropped ball, etc.). If you watch Favre, he will usually laugh it off and just get back out there and have fun. We can talk about records and all that Jazz, but fortitude is the real sign of a great player, not statistics. Romo has possibly the best statistics out of any QB playing today as far as wins, points, etc. but because he is not the complete package (lacks fortitude and humility) he always folds in the big games and has only one playoff win to his name to date. I believe Vick is gaining this particular insight and if he stays on track he will be the premier QB in the league.
no comment
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2010 1:57:09 PM
At 11/22/2010 1:54:17 PM, Caramel wrote:
if he stays on track he will be the premier QB in the league.

quite possibly..

but I have seen no reason whatsoever to suspect that he's no longer a complete dirtbag.

Metaphysics:
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 12:52:18 PM
At 11/22/2010 1:57:09 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 11/22/2010 1:54:17 PM, Caramel wrote:
if he stays on track he will be the premier QB in the league.

quite possibly..

but I have seen no reason whatsoever to suspect that he's no longer a complete dirtbag.

Listen to him. He is humble and grateful. Do you want him to save a baby from a burning building or what?
no comment
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 1:06:27 PM
All you guys who are judging Vick harshly are helping promote the very violence he committed; your unforgiving hatred gives the man no reason to change for the better. You are the angry, ignorant mob; you don't want justice because your hatred doesn't permit it. You wont be happy unless there is someone to publicly burn at the stake. People havd been fighting roosters for eons and no one has ever given a sh!t.
no comment