The NCAA Does More Harm than Good

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:15:13 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 7:51:51 PM, coal wrote:
Now that March Madness is over, let's talk about why the NCAA should be overthrown.

Nah. It gives a yearly show, and it's kind of in the lax between sports. At this point, NBA is getting a little old (until the playoffs start), NFL is over, and the MLB hasn't come full swing yet. It's a very nice pick-me-up when the other sports aren't providing enough of a thrill.

Besides, when else do you get to see crazy upsets like that?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:15:56 AM
At 4/6/2016 3:15:13 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
and the MLB hasn't come full swing yet.

No, that wasn't intentional. But now that I see it, that's awesome.
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 4:35:01 AM
Now that March Madness is over, let's talk about why the NCAA should be overthrown.

Nah. It gives a yearly show, and it's kind of in the lax between sports. At this point, NBA is getting a little old (until the playoffs start), NFL is over, and the MLB hasn't come full swing yet. It's a very nice pick-me-up when the other sports aren't providing enough of a thrill.

I have to disagree. Besides the 1st round and the national title game, the in between rounds were boring and mostly chalk emerged (except Syracuse). The national title game salvaged what was an otherwise disappointing tournament, especially considering the wild regular season.
Ashton
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 12:27:26 PM
At 4/6/2016 4:35:01 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

I have to disagree. Besides the 1st round and the national title game, the in between rounds were boring and mostly chalk emerged (except Syracuse). The national title game salvaged what was an otherwise disappointing tournament, especially considering the wild regular season.

Don't get me wrong, I like NBA better. It's just the virtue of the thing... we can see basketball (some good games) in between other major sports.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 6:16:50 PM

Greater than the Super Bowl and WrestleMania.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 11:52:34 PM
At 4/6/2016 6:16:50 PM, inferno wrote:

Greater than the Super Bowl and WrestleMania.

Debatable. Super Goodell is wrecking havoc to the NFL and Super Bowl, but let's remember as well that Mark Emmert has done stupid things and that the one and done is detrimental to basketball. March Madness has its own officiating gaffs as well, such as the blatantly fixed Duke Wisconsin game in 2015.
Ashton