Jump to topic:

Superbowl predictions?

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2010 10:56:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Every year its hard to predict who will make the playoffs let alone the superbowl

But who do you think has performed the best this year, and who do you feel will be facing off in the superbowl?

Also: will colts make the playoffs?
GrabYoSocks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2010 11:23:15 AM
At 11/30/2010 10:56:42 AM, Loserboi wrote:
Every year its hard to predict who will make the playoffs let alone the superbowl

But who do you think has performed the best this year, and who do you feel will be facing off in the superbowl?

Also: will colts make the playoffs?

Atlanta Falcons vs New York Jets
and yes they will make the playoffs. Addai, and 2 Lbs (Brackett, Session) will be back just in time to get them there.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2010 3:57:53 PM
At 11/30/2010 2:29:55 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Bears? No way...

Defense wins games and forte has been tearing up the rungame. I hate to say it, being a Packer fan...

Jets or Pats vs. Falcons or Saints

Safe bets. 'little too safe...

Ravens and Packers may make a run for it.

I certainly hope so. I'm concerned about the lack of a running game though. Jackson doesn't break away like Forte, e.g., and watching Rodgers have to make 3 quarterback sneaks to get a touchdown Sunday was not lifting my spirits. It really sucks losing finley and grant; our offense was just ridiculous. Also, the Bears (as usual) have a more professional team. Packers have superstars and flare but don't enjoy the slow-but-steady consistency of the Bears unit. Packer players get emotional and cause penalties as easy as perhaps any team in the NFL.

But I certainly hope I am wrong.
no comment
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 9:37:10 AM
I don't want to see the Colts make the playoffs. I hate Peyton Manning with a passion, he is not as good as everyone makes him out to be.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 12:05:33 PM
At 12/1/2010 9:37:10 AM, Loserboi wrote:
I don't want to see the Colts make the playoffs. I hate Peyton Manning with a passion, he is not as good as everyone makes him out to be.

Please give me a hug.
kfc
1stLordofTheVenerability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 1:25:14 PM
Bears? No way...

I doubt either the Jets or the Patriots will make it to the final round. It's going to be Atlanta vs. Baltimore. I hope Tampa makes the playoffs. The Colts will indubitably make it.

Why dislike Payton Manning? He is one of the best QBs in the NFL - leading in many areas. He, Favre and Brees!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 1:44:04 PM
At 11/30/2010 5:26:14 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
Giants vs. Dolphins

I hate to say it but the Giants are seemingly overrated, and obviously the Dolphins don't stand a chance :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 2:06:43 PM
At 11/30/2010 3:57:53 PM, Caramel wrote:
Bears? No way...

Defense wins games and forte has been tearing up the rungame. I hate to say it, being a Packer fan...

To get to the Superbowl they'd have to beat teams like the Falcons and Saints - both of whom are capable of stopping their run game, and certainly their pass game. While the Bears have a veteran team with a lot of great players (Forte, Peppers, Urlacher, Hester and even Gould), I really don't have any confidence in Jay Cutler. I'd be more confident that Aaron Rodgers would be able to lead a perhaps inferior team to the Superbowl.

Safe bets. 'little too safe...

Haha oh? We'll see...

I certainly hope so. I'm concerned about the lack of a running game though. Jackson doesn't break away like Forte, e.g., and watching Rodgers have to make 3 quarterback sneaks to get a touchdown Sunday was not lifting my spirits.

I honestly thought that was all a show. After the Michael Vick hype, I think Rodgers (and perhaps some other QBs) felt pressured to impress people. Never before has Rodgers been so concerned with running the ball like he did last week. But hey, it worked... though I agree about the lack of run game for Green Bay.

Packers have superstars and flare but don't enjoy the slow-but-steady consistency of the Bears unit. Packer players get emotional and cause penalties as easy as perhaps any team in the NFL.

True. But there are teams who out-do even the Packers in this regard; the Steelers come to mind... and they play the Ravens next week. Dun dun dun. It's going to be a great week for match-ups; the Pats and Jets game is going to be epic too.

Next week the Pats play the Bears, so we'll see if the Bears are as resilient as you say (I'm betting not). The Jets play the Bears after that. Regarding the AFC, it'll come down to the Jets, the Pats and the winner of the Steelers/Ravens game. Yes the Colts will make the playoffs, but I *highly* doubt they will go further.

The NFC is a little tougher. It's seemingly between the Falcons, Saints, Giants, Eagles, Packers and Bears. However ultimately I think it's the Saints or the Falcons that get to the Superbowl. I think the Saints is a better team, but for some reason the Falcons have been able to execute consistently and the Saints haven't always all been healthy. If they could get it together, I think they're the best team in the NFC.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 2:14:48 PM
At 11/30/2010 6:23:35 PM, Johnicle wrote:
Chargers/Jets

My biggest concern was whether or not the Chargers can get to the playoffs. They have to win every one of their upcoming games to finish the season at 11-5. The thing is that I haven't been following the team enough (my NFL subscription cable thingy ended) to know much about their defense, specifically whether or not they could hold their own against the Jets and Pats. However I'd be much happier seeing the Chargers make it than the Pats, so I'm hoping your Jets/Chargers prediction is right :P Still the Jets have a pretty stacked team, and Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL... so we'll see.
President of DDO
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 6:07:53 PM
At 12/1/2010 1:44:04 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Giants vs. Dolphins

I hate to say it but the Giants are seemingly overrated, and obviously the Dolphins don't stand a chance :P

Dolphins have been known to comeback when theyre chasing some Jets a$$
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 6:10:27 PM
At 12/1/2010 6:07:53 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
At 12/1/2010 1:44:04 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Giants vs. Dolphins

Dolphins have been known to comeback when theyre chasing some Jets a$$

Dolphins are not gonna make it son... not with the Patriots and Jet in their division.
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 7:15:20 PM
The Dolphins don't stand a chance.

The Jets or the Pats will win the division, and whichever one doesn't will most likely secure a wild card spot. The second spot will most likely go to Steelers or Ravens (whomever doesn't win that division). Remember that the Dolphins still have to play the Pats and the Jets before the season ends; I'm predicting they lose both games meaning they'll only win max 3 for the rest of the season to finish with 9 wins. Both the Ravens and Steelers only need 1 more win to hit 9. All in all I don't think the Dolphins have a shot - especially considering all of their injuries (not to mention inferior team).
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 7:24:50 PM
At 12/1/2010 1:25:14 PM, 1stLordofTheVenerability wrote:
I doubt either the Jets or the Patriots will make it to the final round. It's going to be Atlanta vs. Baltimore. I hope Tampa makes the playoffs. The Colts will indubitably make it.

The Ravens have already lost to the Pats this season. They beat the Jets for Game 1 but I dunno if they'd be so lucky this time around. The Ravens are most definitely a contender but I wouldn't rule out the AFC East just yet.

Why dislike Payton Manning? He is one of the best QBs in the NFL - leading in many areas. He, Favre and Brees!

And Tom Brady.
President of DDO
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2010 8:17:38 PM
At 12/1/2010 7:15:20 PM, theLwerd wrote:
The Dolphins don't stand a chance.

The Jets or the Pats will win the division, and whichever one doesn't will most likely secure a wild card spot. The second spot will most likely go to Steelers or Ravens (whomever doesn't win that division). Remember that the Dolphins still have to play the Pats and the Jets before the season ends; I'm predicting they lose both games meaning they'll only win max 3 for the rest of the season to finish with 9 wins. Both the Ravens and Steelers only need 1 more win to hit 9. All in all I don't think the Dolphins have a shot - especially considering all of their injuries (not to mention inferior team).

Hey! There not inferior! Just football challenged.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2010 6:51:15 AM
I'd be more confident that Aaron Rodgers would be able to lead a perhaps inferior team to the Superbowl.

Yeah Jay Cutler sucks... I would imagine his team would get him to the SB and he would lose it. Teams are streaky like that in the SB and the Bears are a perfect SB loser.

I certainly hope so. I'm concerned about the lack of a running game though. Jackson doesn't break away like Forte, e.g., and watching Rodgers have to make 3 quarterback sneaks to get a touchdown Sunday was not lifting my spirits.

I honestly thought that was all a show. After the Michael Vick hype, I think Rodgers (and perhaps some other QBs) felt pressured to impress people. Never before has Rodgers been so concerned with running the ball like he did last week. But hey, it worked... though I agree about the lack of run game for Green Bay.

I am used to seeing GB get stuffed in the RZ. They can get in easily from the 50 yd line but when that backfield shrinks they start running out of options fast. Rodgers is the top RB this year for the Pack (or close to it) and I assure you that is out of desperation, not for show.
no comment