Jump to topic:

2016 NFL Draft

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:32:08 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Best picks of the draft? Worst picks of the draft? Thoughts in general?

I'll start by saying I have a feeling that Jared Goff is going to be a total bust.
President of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:59:35 PM
At 5/6/2016 9:32:08 PM, Danielle wrote:

Best (or some that were really good):
- Laremy Tunsil. A great skill that went far lower than he would have if the video hadn't surfaced.
- Myles Jack. Another great guy who went late.
- Jalen Ramsey. It's a shame he went to the Jags, but he's one of the best players in the draft
- Chris Jones. Sure, I'm a Chiefs guy, but I still think this was a valuable pick. If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that's who they were going to pick in the first round if they didn't trade away.

Bad:
- Robert Aguayo. You just don't take a kicker that early... note even if it's Sebastian Janikowski.
- Eli Apple. The Big Apple stretched a bit. High risk for the mediocre reward.

I'll start by saying I have a feeling that Jared Goff is going to be a total bust.

I agree, and feel like Wentz probably will be, too. There hasn't been an Andrew Luck in awhile.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:23:01 PM
At 5/6/2016 9:59:35 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Bad:

Coming from a Giants fan, for what they have gone through on defense the past few years - it was a good pick.

Personally, my best case scenario decision was trading down for multiple picks so they could get Myles Jack to fill the linebacker spot in the late first round, and fill in other concerns with the extra picks - this way they could take a chance on Jack without sacrificing safe picks to fill the secondary (which was among the worst in the league last year).
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:24:16 PM
The Giants' best pick was definitely Sterling Shepherd. That completed their passing game and gave a lot of insurance.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 10:26:17 PM
One of the picks I was really unsure about was Ezekiel Elliot at 4th overall by the Cowboys.

Sure, he should be a great running back - but with that line they don't need to use a 4th overall pick at running back. They should have strengthened their defense.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 8:54:57 PM
At 5/6/2016 10:23:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Bad:

Coming from a Giants fan, for what they have gone through on defense the past few years - it was a good pick.

I'm just worried about his long-term impact. Bust? Who knows.

Personally, my best case scenario decision was trading down for multiple picks so they could get Myles Jack to fill the linebacker spot in the late first round, and fill in other concerns with the extra picks - this way they could take a chance on Jack without sacrificing safe picks to fill the secondary (which was among the worst in the league last year).

I think that would have been a good idea, too.
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 10:58:02 PM

Completely agree with your assessment. I don't see Wentz doing well right away either. I think Joey Bosa will be good. Too bad Tampa Bay didn't get him. I have a feeling he would have done well there or on the Giants. I think E. Elliot is gonna light it up in Dallas as well.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 10:58:44 PM
At 5/6/2016 10:26:17 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
One of the picks I was really unsure about was Ezekiel Elliot at 4th overall by the Cowboys.

Sure, he should be a great running back - but with that line they don't need to use a 4th overall pick at running back. They should have strengthened their defense.

True, the Boys' defense needs some help, but E. Elliot looks like a special guy. I think he'll do well there.
President of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 10:59:57 PM
At 5/8/2016 10:58:44 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 5/6/2016 10:26:17 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

True, the Boys' defense needs some help, but E. Elliot looks like a special guy. I think he'll do well there.

He won't mean much if their defense allows 30+ a game.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 1:06:45 PM
At 5/8/2016 10:58:02 PM, Danielle wrote:

Completely agree with your assessment. I don't see Wentz doing well right away either. I think Joey Bosa will be good. Too bad Tampa Bay didn't get him. I have a feeling he would have done well there or on the Giants. I think E. Elliot is gonna light it up in Dallas as well.

Sweet. :) My issue with Wentz and Goff is that they came from a considerably weak class. That worries me when they're taken 1 and 2. Yeah, Bosa will probably do very well. I just wish he would have gone to another division... I'm a Chiefs fan. :P
It's just sad that Elliott went to the Cowboys. As much hate as they get, I don't see them being successful, either.
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 7:34:14 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/6/2016 10:23:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Bad:

Apple was a good pick. The ginats secondary is looking good this year. Floyd would have been better imo but we have also gotten some linebackers as well. BJ Goodson is going to be very good and kennard is healthy now which is huge.

Giants have also picked up ishaq williams. Not sure if he will be a LB or a DE but this Im optimistic about him starting somewhere.
Bigpapa123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 12:44:17 PM

who will bust first goff or wentz.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2016 1:39:03 PM
At 5/11/2016 12:44:17 PM, Bigpapa123 wrote:

who will bust first goff or wentz.

Both. :P
Burner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 8:27:53 PM
Laremy Tunsil was a complete steal at pick #11 to the Miami Dolphins. He's a beast when he's healthy. Had that video of him smoking weed not surfaced right before the draft, he would have and should have gone higher. Now he'll play with a chip on his shoulder as well he should.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 4:40:40 AM
At 5/16/2016 8:27:53 PM, Burner wrote:
Laremy Tunsil was a complete steal at pick #11 to the Miami Dolphins. He's a beast when he's healthy. Had that video of him smoking weed not surfaced right before the draft, he would have and should have gone higher. Now he'll play with a chip on his shoulder as well he should.

Can't wait to see how the Dolphins will manage to waste his talent.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:12:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago

I'm more concerned with Wentz. Lower level of competition and didn't even do a full season.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"