Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

theLwerd, im calling you out.

ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 12:48:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I bet theLwerd that the Miami Dolphins (ACE) will beat the New York Jets (ACE) and the conditions are as follows:

If I win: theLwerd will change her avatar to the picture of my choosing until the last minute of the last game of the Regular Season of NFL

If she wins: I do anything that she pleases. (Except leave the site, break the ToS etc)

If she does not accept, any JETS fan is willing to.

Good luck, and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOLPHINS!!!!!!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 12:50:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, I know the Jets will win, but I can't think of anything I'd want you to do so there doesn't seem an incentive for me to take the bet o.O
President of DDO
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 1:00:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/10/2010 12:50:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Well, I know the Jets will win, but I can't think of anything I'd want you to do so there doesn't seem an incentive for me to take the bet o.O

Ah. The excuse trick.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2010 6:35:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/10/2010 12:50:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Well, I know the Jets will win, but I can't think of anything I'd want you to do so there doesn't seem an incentive for me to take the bet o.O

That sounds very familiar. didn't you say that against the Pa--- Oh wait....
kfc
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2010 10:28:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/10/2010 6:35:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/10/2010 12:50:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Well, I know the Jets will win, but I can't think of anything I'd want you to do so there doesn't seem an incentive for me to take the bet o.O

That sounds very familiar. didn't you say that against the Pa--- Oh wait....

Burn....
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2010 12:54:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/10/2010 6:35:32 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/10/2010 12:50:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Well, I know the Jets will win, but I can't think of anything I'd want you to do so there doesn't seem an incentive for me to take the bet o.O

That sounds very familiar. didn't you say that against the Pa--- Oh wait....

No, I did not... fail.
President of DDO
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2010 7:50:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/10/2010 12:48:45 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
I bet theLwerd that the Miami Dolphins (ACE) will beat the New York Jets (ACE) and the conditions are as follows:

If I win: theLwerd will change her avatar to the picture of my choosing until the last minute of the last game of the Regular Season of NFL

If she wins: I do anything that she pleases. (Except leave the site, break the ToS etc)

If she does not accept, any JETS fan is willing to.

Good luck, and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOLPHINS!!!!!!

This website is pretty small (I remember seeing a "top 100 social networking sites" article and DDO didn't even make that) and our sports section is all of about 5 people who routinely post :) I doubt you are going to find any other Jets fans to take that.
no comment
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:08:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/11/2010 7:50:18 PM, Caramel wrote:
At 12/10/2010 12:48:45 PM, usafkid1121 wrote:
I bet theLwerd that the Miami Dolphins (ACE) will beat the New York Jets (ACE) and the conditions are as follows:

If I win: theLwerd will change her avatar to the picture of my choosing until the last minute of the last game of the Regular Season of NFL

If she wins: I do anything that she pleases. (Except leave the site, break the ToS etc)

If she does not accept, any JETS fan is willing to.

Good luck, and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOLPHINS!!!!!!

This website is pretty small (I remember seeing a "top 100 social networking sites" article and DDO didn't even make that) and our sports section is all of about 5 people who routinely post :) I doubt you are going to find any other Jets fans to take that.

I was targeting L. She know the phins are beats on the Last Jets game and wel....she chickened out.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:27:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am with L on this, Jets are just more supirior. Steelers on the otherhand are going to murder the Bengles
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:12:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 6:08:37 AM, usafkid1121 wrote:
I was targeting L. She know the phins are beats on the Last Jets game and wel....she chickened out.

As I said, I get absolutely nothing out of this bet. I am a huge fan of the holiday season and I like my avatar because it's festive :) So IF on the off chance I lose... say, 1/20... that would suck. On the other hand, even though I would win with what I'd consider 19/20 odds against your inferior team I really don't give a flying f*ck about your avatar or what you have it as. I don't feel the need to "embarrass" you over the internet. If I had a funny idea, or something clever in mind that would amuse me, then I would definitely take you on. However I don't care enough about anything atm. Also, IF the Phins won (lolzzz) you could say "I told you so" though you've been wrong against me, hmm, what was it, just about every time against me this year sooo I think we all know how this will turn out but we shall see.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:15:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, you are a huge traitor for rooting for the Pats. Being in the same division, the teams are all rivals, but the Jets/Phins ought to stick together because the Pats always win the division. They're playing the Pats for their last game... if you're gonna become a Pats fan you better do it quick, so you can be on the other side when Brady embarrasses the Phins in Mass.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 5:22:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 3:56:52 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
Make that the Dolphins are more superior to the Jets

More superior to the Jets than what?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 5:57:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/10/2010 12:50:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Well, I know the Jets will win, but I can't think of anything.

Lies! You knew the Jets are not that great.
kfc
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 6:15:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 9:15:00 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Also, you are a huge traitor for rooting for the Pats. Being in the same division, the teams are all rivals, but the Jets/Phins ought to stick together because the Pats always win the division. They're playing the Pats for their last game... if you're gonna become a Pats fan you better do it quick, so you can be on the other side when Brady embarrasses the Phins in Mass.

FINS FINS FINS
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 11:30:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Damn. The Jets lost, but the Dolphins didn't beat them... they beat themselves. That's the only way to explain 6 points in the entire game. Especially when Mark Sanchez threw for 216 yards. Not great, but I mean the Jets couldn't at least get a few FGs from that?!

The Jets had more first downs, better third down efficiency, like 5x more passing yards, etc. The Phins scored a measely 1 touchdown and the Jets just couldn't freakin respond. I also did not account for Chad Henne being back in the line-up, but needless to say I think he's so far overrated (zGodMode said he's Tom Brady Jr... yeah right. Not this season at least!).

I still think the Jets are a better, more complete team than the Dolphins. However the Jets need to be more focused and more pumped. I love Rex Ryan and his jovial demeanor, but at the end of the day he's got to not just be buddy buddy with the players but hold them accountable and expect greatness. I feel like there's no enthusiasm coming from the Jets anymore... not since that Pats game, to be honest. They skated by, barely winning all season. They seriously need to get pumped up, because they have the TALENT, but just can't seem to make it work. The talent on this team should not go to waste!
President of DDO
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 1:12:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/14/2010 11:30:17 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Damn. The Jets lost, but the Dolphins didn't beat them... they beat themselves. That's the only way to explain 6 points in the entire game. Especially when Mark Sanchez threw for 216 yards. Not great, but I mean the Jets couldn't at least get a few FGs from that?!

The Jets had more first downs, better third down efficiency, like 5x more passing yards, etc. The Phins scored a measely 1 touchdown and the Jets just couldn't freakin respond. I also did not account for Chad Henne being back in the line-up, but needless to say I think he's so far overrated (zGodMode said he's Tom Brady Jr... yeah right. Not this season at least!).

I still think the Jets are a better, more complete team than the Dolphins. However the Jets need to be more focused and more pumped. I love Rex Ryan and his jovial demeanor, but at the end of the day he's got to not just be buddy buddy with the players but hold them accountable and expect greatness. I feel like there's no enthusiasm coming from the Jets anymore... not since that Pats game, to be honest. They skated by, barely winning all season. They seriously need to get pumped up, because they have the TALENT, but just can't seem to make it work. The talent on this team should not go to waste!

Jets got all the D they need but they can't seem to score points.
no comment
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 1:15:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/14/2010 1:12:37 PM, Caramel wrote:
At 12/14/2010 11:30:17 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Damn. The Jets lost, but the Dolphins didn't beat them... they beat themselves. That's the only way to explain 6 points in the entire game. Especially when Mark Sanchez threw for 216 yards. Not great, but I mean the Jets couldn't at least get a few FGs from that?!

The Jets had more first downs, better third down efficiency, like 5x more passing yards, etc. The Phins scored a measely 1 touchdown and the Jets just couldn't freakin respond. I also did not account for Chad Henne being back in the line-up, but needless to say I think he's so far overrated (zGodMode said he's Tom Brady Jr... yeah right. Not this season at least!).

I still think the Jets are a better, more complete team than the Dolphins. However the Jets need to be more focused and more pumped. I love Rex Ryan and his jovial demeanor, but at the end of the day he's got to not just be buddy buddy with the players but hold them accountable and expect greatness. I feel like there's no enthusiasm coming from the Jets anymore... not since that Pats game, to be honest. They skated by, barely winning all season. They seriously need to get pumped up, because they have the TALENT, but just can't seem to make it work. The talent on this team should not go to waste!

Jets got all the D they need but they can't seem to score points.

Which is why they will be the first to get knocked out of the playoffs.
kfc
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 1:19:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/14/2010 1:15:27 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/14/2010 1:12:37 PM, Caramel wrote:
At 12/14/2010 11:30:17 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Damn. The Jets lost, but the Dolphins didn't beat them... they beat themselves. That's the only way to explain 6 points in the entire game. Especially when Mark Sanchez threw for 216 yards. Not great, but I mean the Jets couldn't at least get a few FGs from that?!

The Jets had more first downs, better third down efficiency, like 5x more passing yards, etc. The Phins scored a measely 1 touchdown and the Jets just couldn't freakin respond. I also did not account for Chad Henne being back in the line-up, but needless to say I think he's so far overrated (zGodMode said he's Tom Brady Jr... yeah right. Not this season at least!).

I still think the Jets are a better, more complete team than the Dolphins. However the Jets need to be more focused and more pumped. I love Rex Ryan and his jovial demeanor, but at the end of the day he's got to not just be buddy buddy with the players but hold them accountable and expect greatness. I feel like there's no enthusiasm coming from the Jets anymore... not since that Pats game, to be honest. They skated by, barely winning all season. They seriously need to get pumped up, because they have the TALENT, but just can't seem to make it work. The talent on this team should not go to waste!

Jets got all the D they need but they can't seem to score points.

Which is why they will be the first to get knocked out of the playoffs.

Yeah but weird things happen in the NFL... The Cardinals winning the NFC a couple of years back, the Giants upset in the 07 SB. Maybe all of a sudden Shonn Green nad Tomlinson will start running people over and their D will be exactly what carries them through. A losing streak at the end of the season usually is a pretty bad sign though.
no comment
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 11:56:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/10/2010 2:27:28 PM, Loserboi wrote:
I will take a similar bet on the niners making the playoffs!

any takers?

Im on niners making the playoffs side of course

lol, sorry loserboi...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 12:57:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/26/2010 11:56:27 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/10/2010 2:27:28 PM, Loserboi wrote:
I will take a similar bet on the niners making the playoffs!

any takers?

Im on niners making the playoffs side of course

lol, sorry loserboi...

That's what I was thinking
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.