Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The NFL 2010 MVP

Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2010 9:29:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vick, Brady, Foster. Your Vote?

I gotta say Vick. Brady's been on fire, but Vick didn't even start the season - his story involves winning it and then making everyone look like fools (including me) for ever doubting him.
no comment
ChristianM
Posts: 1,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 7:55:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 9:29:01 PM, Caramel wrote:
Vick, Brady, Foster. Your Vote?

I gotta say Vick. Brady's been on fire, but Vick didn't even start the season - his story involves winning it and then making everyone look like fools (including me) for ever doubting him.

Dan Carpenter. Man this kicker has been on fire the entire season!
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 10:47:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/12/2010 9:29:01 PM, Caramel wrote:
Vick, Brady, Foster. Your Vote?

I gotta say Vick. Brady's been on fire, but Vick didn't even start the season - his story involves winning it and then making everyone look like fools (including me) for ever doubting him.

I've gotta go with Vick for most improved and MVP, even though I really don't like the guy.
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2010 1:18:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
this isnt even a contest...
Arian Foster will not win it- the Texans are not making the playoffs which automatically eliminates him

Mike Vick- he was the leader in the middle but after throwing 4interceptions he doesn't deserve it more than Tom Brady

Tom Brady- Bradys TD to Interception Ratio is ridiculous its better than Mike Vicks. Brady has led his team to the best record in the NFL, he is 100% for sure the MVP at this point unless Mike Vick throws like 5 TDs in each other his next 3 games.
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 10:58:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yeah Brady is white and doesn't abuse animals so he is probably good for it... If Brady falls off a bit and Vick continues to dominate then that could change.

Foster rose from the ashes this season to top Peterson and Johnson (leave them in the dust even)... Although I'm not sure how much truth there is to your statement about his team sucking and him being automatically disqualified.
no comment
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 11:09:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/14/2010 10:58:08 AM, Caramel wrote:
Yeah Brady is white and doesn't abuse animals so he is probably good for it...

Hahaha.

Yeah, it's definitely between Brady and Vick at this point, but Brady DESERVES it. Vick has been phenomenal but the numbers speak for themselves. The Eagles barely beat the Cowboys last week; meanwhile the Pats demolished the Bears at Soldier Field in a friggin blizzard. I picked the Bears last week because I live near Chicago and experiencing the weather first hand, I had assumed that the entire game would be dominated by the run in which case I like Matt Forte over... whoever the Patriots RB is (that's my point - I don't know who it is lol). I also thought the Bears defense would demolish the Pats' run since Peppers, Urlacher, etc. would be expecting it.

Now, I had to go out so I missed half the game but I turn it on at half-time and see the Pats winning 33-0?! To top it all off Brady threw for a season high 349 yards?! In that weather?! Fvcking insane! The guy pisses excellence. He's the Kobe Bryant of football. I wouldn't say I'm a fan (Patriots, ew) but I'm DAMN impressed. However if the Eagles dominate the next few games, make the Playoffs (it will come down to that last Giants game I bet) or if the Pats fall from grace somehow then I can see Vick taking it.
President of DDO
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 1:16:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/14/2010 11:09:41 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/14/2010 10:58:08 AM, Caramel wrote:
Yeah Brady is white and doesn't abuse animals so he is probably good for it...

Hahaha.

Yeah, it's definitely between Brady and Vick at this point, but Brady DESERVES it. Vick has been phenomenal but the numbers speak for themselves. The Eagles barely beat the Cowboys last week; meanwhile the Pats demolished the Bears at Soldier Field in a friggin blizzard. I picked the Bears last week because I live near Chicago and experiencing the weather first hand, I had assumed that the entire game would be dominated by the run in which case I like Matt Forte over... whoever the Patriots RB is (that's my point - I don't know who it is lol). I also thought the Bears defense would demolish the Pats' run since Peppers, Urlacher, etc. would be expecting it.

Now, I had to go out so I missed half the game but I turn it on at half-time and see the Pats winning 33-0?! To top it all off Brady threw for a season high 349 yards?! In that weather?! Fvcking insane! The guy pisses excellence. He's the Kobe Bryant of football. I wouldn't say I'm a fan (Patriots, ew) but I'm DAMN impressed. However if the Eagles dominate the next few games, make the Playoffs (it will come down to that last Giants game I bet) or if the Pats fall from grace somehow then I can see Vick taking it.

Exactly - and Vick has the element of surprise. Brady already clinched the playoffs, and there's not a whole lot else he can do in the regular season to impress. Vick however has the chance to mount a glorious battle to capture the NFC and take his much less spectacular team to the Super Bowl. McCoy and Jackson will probably end up stealing enough of the glory to discount Vick's abilities though.
no comment
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 6:26:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/14/2010 10:58:08 AM, Caramel wrote:

Foster rose from the ashes this season to top Peterson and Johnson (leave them in the dust even)... Although I'm not sure how much truth there is to your statement about his team sucking and him being automatically disqualified.

Why does any of that matter? The texans are losing... you cannot win MVP if your team is losing. Being a Runningback almost automatically disqualifies you unless your team is either seed 1 or 2, lead the league in rushing, and beat some kind of record. Truth is if the Texans were winning, Matt Shuab would be the MVP candidate and not foster. Arian Foster is good but he is will not rush for 2000 yards and he will not make the playoffs.

Offensivie player of the year he is a strong contender for that award
twsurber
Posts: 505
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 1:01:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I gotta go with Lwerd on this one. I don't like the Pats (sorry Koop) but Brady gets the nod over a very talented Michael Vick.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 1:16:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/14/2010 6:26:46 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 12/14/2010 10:58:08 AM, Caramel wrote:

Foster rose from the ashes this season to top Peterson and Johnson (leave them in the dust even)... Although I'm not sure how much truth there is to your statement about his team sucking and him being automatically disqualified.

Why does any of that matter? The texans are losing... you cannot win MVP if your team is losing. Being a Runningback almost automatically disqualifies you unless your team is either seed 1 or 2, lead the league in rushing, and beat some kind of record. Truth is if the Texans were winning, Matt Shuab would be the MVP candidate and not foster. Arian Foster is good but he is will not rush for 2000 yards and he will not make the playoffs.

Offensivie player of the year he is a strong contender for that award

I know this is crossing sports, but just going on the saying "you can't win MVP if your team is losing." Who won the Cy Young award this year and how well did their team do?

Now I duck and cover.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 10:20:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 1:16:47 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 12/14/2010 6:26:46 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 12/14/2010 10:58:08 AM, Caramel wrote:

Foster rose from the ashes this season to top Peterson and Johnson (leave them in the dust even)... Although I'm not sure how much truth there is to your statement about his team sucking and him being automatically disqualified.

Why does any of that matter? The texans are losing... you cannot win MVP if your team is losing. Being a Runningback almost automatically disqualifies you unless your team is either seed 1 or 2, lead the league in rushing, and beat some kind of record. Truth is if the Texans were winning, Matt Shuab would be the MVP candidate and not foster. Arian Foster is good but he is will not rush for 2000 yards and he will not make the playoffs.

Offensivie player of the year he is a strong contender for that award

I know this is crossing sports, but just going on the saying "you can't win MVP if your team is losing." Who won the Cy Young award this year and how well did their team do?

Now I duck and cover.

I don't follow baseball, whats the CY young award? Isnt that like the best pitcher award? I don't understand how baseball does things, they have like 2MVPs every year.

You must have a winning record to be considered for the MVP award. Arian Foster is not even doing like WOW spectacular, its just amazing that he is even good at all, considering the fact he was a long like back-up.

Tom Brady is going to win the NFL MVP, Vick in my eyes is not even a threat to Brady for the award
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 10:50:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 10:20:13 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 12/23/2010 1:16:47 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 12/14/2010 6:26:46 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 12/14/2010 10:58:08 AM, Caramel wrote:

Foster rose from the ashes this season to top Peterson and Johnson (leave them in the dust even)... Although I'm not sure how much truth there is to your statement about his team sucking and him being automatically disqualified.

Why does any of that matter? The texans are losing... you cannot win MVP if your team is losing. Being a Runningback almost automatically disqualifies you unless your team is either seed 1 or 2, lead the league in rushing, and beat some kind of record. Truth is if the Texans were winning, Matt Shuab would be the MVP candidate and not foster. Arian Foster is good but he is will not rush for 2000 yards and he will not make the playoffs.

Offensivie player of the year he is a strong contender for that award

I know this is crossing sports, but just going on the saying "you can't win MVP if your team is losing." Who won the Cy Young award this year and how well did their team do?

Now I duck and cover.

I don't follow baseball, whats the CY young award? Isnt that like the best pitcher award? I don't understand how baseball does things, they have like 2MVPs every year.

You must have a winning record to be considered for the MVP award. Arian Foster is not even doing like WOW spectacular, its just amazing that he is even good at all, considering the fact he was a long like back-up.

Tom Brady is going to win the NFL MVP, Vick in my eyes is not even a threat to Brady for the award

Yes, the Cy Young is for the best pitcher (one for each league, just like MVP). The American league Cy Young went to Felix Hernandez. He only went 13-12 (the team was 61-101), yet he won the award because of his individual performance. Had he been on a team that provided a decent offense for him, he likely could have had 20+ wins.

Anyway, just saying that I believe that individual skill should be used to determine individual awards.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 11:58:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/14/2010 11:09:41 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/14/2010 10:58:08 AM, Caramel wrote:
Yeah Brady is white and doesn't abuse animals so he is probably good for it...

Hahaha.

Yeah, it's definitely between Brady and Vick at this point, but Brady DESERVES it. Vick has been phenomenal but the numbers speak for themselves. The Eagles barely beat the Cowboys last week; meanwhile the Pats demolished the Bears at Soldier Field in a friggin blizzard. I picked the Bears last week because I live near Chicago and experiencing the weather first hand, I had assumed that the entire game would be dominated by the run in which case I like Matt Forte over... whoever the Patriots RB is (that's my point - I don't know who it is lol). I also thought the Bears defense would demolish the Pats' run since Peppers, Urlacher, etc. would be expecting it.

Now, I had to go out so I missed half the game but I turn it on at half-time and see the Pats winning 33-0?! To top it all off Brady threw for a season high 349 yards?! In that weather?! Fvcking insane! The guy pisses excellence. He's the Kobe Bryant of football. I wouldn't say I'm a fan (Patriots, ew) but I'm DAMN impressed. However if the Eagles dominate the next few games, make the Playoffs (it will come down to that last Giants game I bet) or if the Pats fall from grace somehow then I can see Vick taking it.

Then who is Lebron?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 1:00:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/26/2010 10:50:37 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:20:13 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 12/23/2010 1:16:47 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 12/14/2010 6:26:46 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 12/14/2010 10:58:08 AM, Caramel wrote:

Foster rose from the ashes this season to top Peterson and Johnson (leave them in the dust even)... Although I'm not sure how much truth there is to your statement about his team sucking and him being automatically disqualified.

Why does any of that matter? The texans are losing... you cannot win MVP if your team is losing. Being a Runningback almost automatically disqualifies you unless your team is either seed 1 or 2, lead the league in rushing, and beat some kind of record. Truth is if the Texans were winning, Matt Shuab would be the MVP candidate and not foster. Arian Foster is good but he is will not rush for 2000 yards and he will not make the playoffs.

Offensivie player of the year he is a strong contender for that award

I know this is crossing sports, but just going on the saying "you can't win MVP if your team is losing." Who won the Cy Young award this year and how well did their team do?

Now I duck and cover.

I don't follow baseball, whats the CY young award? Isnt that like the best pitcher award? I don't understand how baseball does things, they have like 2MVPs every year.

You must have a winning record to be considered for the MVP award. Arian Foster is not even doing like WOW spectacular, its just amazing that he is even good at all, considering the fact he was a long like back-up.

Tom Brady is going to win the NFL MVP, Vick in my eyes is not even a threat to Brady for the award

Yes, the Cy Young is for the best pitcher (one for each league, just like MVP). The American league Cy Young went to Felix Hernandez. He only went 13-12 (the team was 61-101), yet he won the award because of his individual performance. Had he been on a team that provided a decent offense for him, he likely could have had 20+ wins.

Anyway, just saying that I believe that individual skill should be used to determine individual awards.

but the MLB has an actual MVP award too
The NFL has a award that is given to players just based on stats too and its called the offensive player of the year.
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 1:15:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm sure the "officials" will give the MVP to Brady, but every week that goes by is reason number x+1 that Vick should get it... I have both Vick and Brady on my fantasy team and Brady warms the bench week in and week out without any question. Vick's worst game was 19 pts (wk 11 v. NYG). 19 pts is a huge game for any player, on any day. Vick's projections are way ahead of Brady's every week and although the simple point system for fantasy can never capture all aspects of the game, Vick outscores Brady 20 to 18.3 - and that is including the 4 game stretch in which he did next to nothing. Vick's "value," therefore, in any given game is better than 25 pts. Brady is usually expected to perform in the teens.

Brady's interception streak is impressive however and there are ways other than TDs and yards that could be considered. Having a controversial second-year QB that missed 4 games with an injury could be a problem when compared to Brady's tenure and consistency.
no comment
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2011 11:33:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 1:16:47 PM, OreEle wrote:
I know this is crossing sports, but just going on the saying "you can't win MVP if your team is losing." Who won the Cy Young award this year and how well did their team do?

Now I duck and cover.

Well I do believe that MVPs in sports (especially baseball) shouldn't be judged on the quality of the team... but wow, that point is nonsensical.
LeafRod
Posts: 1,548
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2011 11:34:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 10:20:13 PM, Loserboi wrote:
I don't understand how baseball does things, they have like 2MVPs every year.

I don't think it could be easier to understand. There are two leagues which do not compete with each other at all save for around 15 games in the middle of the season.
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2011 1:31:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well I would say Brady has it wrapped up now... Vick didn't pull off the win against the Vikes. If he had won against the vikes and cowboys today they would have gotten the first-round bye and we would be re-kindling this debate.
no comment
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2011 11:55:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/2/2011 1:31:04 PM, Caramel wrote:
Well I would say Brady has it wrapped up now... Vick didn't pull off the win against the Vikes. If he had won against the vikes and cowboys today they would have gotten the first-round bye and we would be re-kindling this debate.

if he won that game i don't think it would have mattered... the record is still not close compared to Brady's 14-2 record.

In my honest opinion i feel they should give the MVP to both of them... like when Mcnair and Manning won
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2011 12:53:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/2/2011 11:55:31 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 1/2/2011 1:31:04 PM, Caramel wrote:
Well I would say Brady has it wrapped up now... Vick didn't pull off the win against the Vikes. If he had won against the vikes and cowboys today they would have gotten the first-round bye and we would be re-kindling this debate.

if he won that game i don't think it would have mattered... the record is still not close compared to Brady's 14-2 record.

In my honest opinion i feel they should give the MVP to both of them... like when Mcnair and Manning won

Give them both the SMVP award - Semi Most Valuable player
no comment
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2011 4:49:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vick's rushing yards and touchdowns for a QB is amazing which kinda evens out the fact that his TD-Int ratio is not as good as bradys, I say give them both the MVP.
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2011 12:43:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/3/2011 4:49:42 AM, Loserboi wrote:
Vick's rushing yards and touchdowns for a QB is amazing which kinda evens out the fact that his TD-Int ratio is not as good as bradys, I say give them both the MVP.

I'm not so convinced. I am a pretty big Vick fan, since the Eagles are my #2 fav team (and I love to point out how ignorant people are when they judge him harshly), but Vick's rushing isn't enough to do it. Vick can only win one game at a time so if he is the rushing and passing and still doesn't win then who cares?

Also, McCoy, Jackson, and Maclin spread out the D to make it happen; he wouldn't be running like that if he was playing for the rams (did you see all those dropped balls last night?).

Vick turns the ball over and Brady doesn't. That's enough to offset his extra yards... Vick has been showing signs as well that his interceptions could be a major factor in the playoffs. Brady works perfectly in a well-oiled machine that is the Patriots offense. His tenure (reliability) and function within the unit make him essentially more valuable. Like I said, if Vick had won against the Vikes (instead of getting out-performed by an unknown rookie) and then went on to smash the cowboys and take the first round bye, it would be different. His interceptions were a difference-maker in that game, and Bradies streak is just immaculate. When Vick hits the field you don't know if he is gonna throw a pick, make a dangerous run and get a quad injury, or throw an incomplete pass. With Brady, their coach (forget his name at the moment) might as well be ordering a cheeseburger from McDonald's when he tells Brady to make the TD happen.

Also, I have a lot of respect for them making the business decision to can Moss. I think a lot of people were expecting the Pats to slow down after that, but they are making it happen with technical proficiency instead of brute size and speed.
no comment