Jump to topic:

What should I do?

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:38:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Has everyone seen the Lebron James commercial?

and the version with an old MJ commercial spliced in.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 10:16:26 PM
LeBron gets too much crap for leaving... is it really that big of a deal? players leave all the time, Dan Gilbert is a sore loser and just won't let this go.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 10:45:38 PM
"Let me just tell you this," Barkley said. "Mike and I are in 100 percent agreement on this. If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous."-Charles Barkley

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team...In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys." Michael Jordan

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 11:46:09 PM
Charles Barkeley is a joke he was a joke during his career and a joke when he left. Failing to win a championship. Charles Barkley would eventually be on the rockets with Clyde Drexler and Hakeem Olajuwon who the hell is he to talk. You know what else barkeley has been quoted saying.

"The spurs lost on purpose, they just giving up now to get a higher draft pick, let me tell you that won't lead to a championship, god don't like ugly"
- 10 years later Spurs win 4 championship rings after drafting Tim Duncan

"The Warriors are just wasting their time... getting the 8th seed there is not a chance in hell they will beat the Mavericks, I am predicting a sweep"
After Warriors win, Barkley puts on a we believe shirt

"I think the Cavaliers will beat the Celtics, I don't even think it will be close Kenny, I think the cavs might even sweep them, KG can't guard antawn Jamison"
Cavs Lose

Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen and bulls signed dennis rodman. I am not trying to take anything away from Jordan but he had players on his team that could back him up. During that Era, scottie Pippen was said to be a top 5 player by himself, Dennis Rodman was a defensive and rebounding nightmare.

LeBron James plays in Cleveland... what big name YOUNG player wants to play in Cleveland? New York can offer the money and the fame, New Jersey can offer the same thing, Chicago can offer money and fame, Miami same thing. Cleveland does not attract players, I don't care if your are the 2time MVP.

No young talented top talent player will willingly choose to go to cleveland unless they had no more options left. Cleveland spent all their money on stupid players like Mo Williams, they took up Shaq and Jamison's contracts guy in their mid 30's.

LeBron James does not deserve the kind of crap because ignorant people like Charles Barkley thinks that because LeBron is MVP it magically means that Cleveland has the money or the history, or the big advertisers like other cities to attract big name players.

Charles Barkeley failed to win a ring who the hell is he to talk.

Garnett said it himself "If i could have don things differently, I would, your only young once."
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 12:54:18 PM
I'm not gonna debate Lebron James or Charles or Michael Jordan
I will say I still think MJ is the greatest player of all time
and you have to agree Charles Barkley speaks his mind and is usually right on the money with what he says, regardless of what you think of him as a player.

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 5:19:09 PM
At 12/15/2010 12:54:18 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I'm not gonna debate Lebron James or Charles or Michael Jordan
I will say I still think MJ is the greatest player of all time
and you have to agree Charles Barkley speaks his mind and is usually right on the money with what he says, regardless of what you think of him as a player.

I just gave u many instances where Charles Barkely doesnt know wtf he is saying half the stuff he says is wrong.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 10:12:17 PM
and I just think he knows more about basketball than you.

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 11:21:26 PM
Dude he is wrong like 80% of the time with his predictions. Barkley did the same thing when he joined Olajuwon and drexler and still could not win. Barkeley spent his career telling people to not listen to him so follow his advice and don't listen to anything he says he is not a role model lol
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2010 11:26:23 PM
Let's pretend those quotes didn't come from anyone, they still make a lot of sense.
Great players never leave their team, they attract other players.

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2010 12:48:44 PM
At 12/15/2010 11:26:23 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Let's pretend those quotes didn't come from anyone, they still make a lot of sense.
Great players never leave their team, they attract other players.

So Shaq is not great? He left Orlando to go to L.A he is one of the NBA's 50 greatest players of all time and a top 5 center of all time, but hes not great because he left a team with no chance to win?

Same goes for Tracy Mcgrady, Vince Carter, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash left the Mavericks is he not great either?

Kobe demanded a trade from the lakers, if he didnt get pau gasol he probably wouldnt be in a lakers uniform. Kobe did not attract Gasol, Lakers GM was good for making a deal with the grizzles. If Dan Gilbert was any real respectable owner he would have tried to get a decent under 30 years of age player who was a all star before going to the cavs to join lebron. Not these garbage players like 37 yr old shaq, 35 yr old Jamison, and a crap pg who plays like a sg mo williams
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2010 2:43:32 PM
I should of have defined great, I mean the greatest to ever play. Which none of them are, Lebron wants to be one of the top 5 or 10 players ever. not T-mac.
I will say though I was just at the lakers game last night and Pau Gasol tears people up.
I'm talking about players like Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan, Majic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Bill Russel.