Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Favorite Athlete

Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 9:56:06 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2016 9:09:46 PM, Danielle wrote:
Who are some of your favorite athletes and why?

Thomas Muller of Bayern Munich. He makes almost every goal happen when he's playing, he can play so many different positions and makes amazing plays. Hes a bae
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 7:34:45 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I'm gonna have to go with Michael Jordan. Cuz I grew up in the 90s. And I fvcking loved Space Jam.

He was a five-time MVP, won 9 scoring titles in a 10 year period, and truly dominated most games he played in. His list of honors are incredible but his true influence ran deeper than any titles, trophies, awards, cups or medals could ever display.

Let's not forget when he took time of basketball and then went to the MLB lol. After that stint he went back to the NBA without missing a step, and won 2 more Finals. If he hadn't done that, perhaps the Bulls dynasty would have been greater. Oh and he also retired and then came back and won some more.

Jordan averaged 30.5 points per game to propel the Bulls into perhaps one of the most unbreakable records in the history of the NBA. I also love that he was relentless, determined, disciplined and perseverant. The man is an icon. His number is legendary. His brand is legendary. His image and likeness is legendary (that logo tho).

http://31.media.tumblr.com...
President of DDO
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2016 4:32:46 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/19/2016 9:09:46 PM, Danielle wrote:
Who are some of your favorite athletes and why?

Brontoraptor. He is fast, sleek, powerful and exotic.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 8:44:53 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Gotta go with Colin Kaepernick. He wasn't any good as a quarterback but he doesn't stand for the pledge of allegiance and that takes a true hero. Also, wearing pig socks brings attention to the fact that it's OK to attack others you hate.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:04:00 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 7/19/2016 9:09:46 PM, Danielle wrote:
Who are some of your favorite athletes and why?

I've always liked Larry Fitzgerald. Very classy player, and a great athlete. Underrated for sure.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 1:05:14 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/4/2016 8:44:53 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Gotta go with Colin Kaepernick. He wasn't any good as a quarterback but he doesn't stand for the pledge of allegiance and that takes a true hero. Also, wearing pig socks brings attention to the fact that it's OK to attack others you hate.

Lol. The problem I see with him, though, is that I feel like he's doing it more for publicity (since he can't play like a starter) than an actual empathy for the issue he's protesting... not to mention I don't believe the issue is nearly as serious as he's claiming it is.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:15:10 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 7/20/2016 7:34:45 PM, Danielle wrote:
I'm gonna have to go with Michael Jordan. Cuz I grew up in the 90s. And I fvcking loved Space Jam.

He was a five-time MVP, won 9 scoring titles in a 10 year period, and truly dominated most games he played in. His list of honors are incredible but his true influence ran deeper than any titles, trophies, awards, cups or medals could ever display.

Let's not forget when he took time of basketball and then went to the MLB lol. After that stint he went back to the NBA without missing a step, and won 2 more Finals. If he hadn't done that, perhaps the Bulls dynasty would have been greater. Oh and he also retired and then came back and won some more.

Jordan averaged 30.5 points per game to propel the Bulls into perhaps one of the most unbreakable records in the history of the NBA. I also love that he was relentless, determined, disciplined and perseverant. The man is an icon. His number is legendary. His brand is legendary. His image and likeness is legendary (that logo tho).

http://31.media.tumblr.com...

When he returned from baseball he won 3 more: sonics, jazz, jazz.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 5:59:54 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 1:04:00 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 7/19/2016 9:09:46 PM, Danielle wrote:
Who are some of your favorite athletes and why?

I've always liked Larry Fitzgerald. Very classy player, and a great athlete. Underrated for sure.

I was just thinking about how much I liked him and almost listed him as a top 3 favorite (current) NFL player. He's in my top 5 for sure.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 6:06:26 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I'd also like to make a case for Tim Tebow here lol.

Tebow is currently working out with the Mets... as in the New York Mets and by far the oldest of the bunch at 29 years old. Half the people working out for them are teenagers (to give you an idea for comparison). He's already "failed" as an NFL player, and his attitude now is very much "What if" whereas the Mets are saying "Why not?"

Tebow made a decent case on ESPN this morning basically saying that he would rather try and fail than spend the rest of his life wondering what could have been. I can understand and even respect that attitude. He's a sure as sh!t long-shot at "making it" with the professional baseball team, but I can appreciate his mentality. He's always been very much a fighter and very passionate about his values both in relation to sports and otherwise.

As for the Mets, this is $100K worth of publicity to have Tebow do this I guess. The marketing executive in me is fine with it. The fan in me is like... okay? I'm a Mets/Yankee fan, but I don't love baseball. Tebow on the Jets was more interesting and controversial to me.
President of DDO
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 6:58:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/19/2016 5:59:54 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/14/2016 1:04:00 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 7/19/2016 9:09:46 PM, Danielle wrote:
Who are some of your favorite athletes and why?

I've always liked Larry Fitzgerald. Very classy player, and a great athlete. Underrated for sure.

I was just thinking about how much I liked him and almost listed him as a top 3 favorite (current) NFL player. He's in my top 5 for sure.

I know! He would have excelled even more on a great team. It's a shame he's never got a Super Bowl win. :/
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 7:05:31 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/19/2016 6:06:26 PM, Danielle wrote:
I'd also like to make a case for Tim Tebow here lol.

Yes!

Tebow is currently working out with the Mets... as in the New York Mets and by far the oldest of the bunch at 29 years old. Half the people working out for them are teenagers (to give you an idea for comparison). He's already "failed" as an NFL player, and his attitude now is very much "What if" whereas the Mets are saying "Why not?"

Tebow made a decent case on ESPN this morning basically saying that he would rather try and fail than spend the rest of his life wondering what could have been. I can understand and even respect that attitude. He's a sure long-shot at "making it" with the professional baseball team, but I can appreciate his mentality. He's always been very much a fighter and very passionate about his values both in relation to sports and otherwise.

As for the Mets, this is $100K worth of publicity to have Tebow do this I guess. The marketing executive in me is fine with it. The fan in me is like... okay? I'm a Mets/Yankee fan, but I don't love baseball. Tebow on the Jets was more interesting and controversial to me.

Tebow is awesome. I feel like he got way too much hate. People just weren't willing to look at how well he did, but only his prayer and stuff. He's definitely a better back-up qb than most... but he effectively got kicked out of the league. Everyone was too afraid to sign him because of the stigma attached to him.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 7:50:33 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/19/2016 7:05:31 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Tebow is awesome. I feel like he got way too much hate. People just weren't willing to look at how well he did, but only his prayer and stuff. He's definitely a better back-up qb than most... but he effectively got kicked out of the league. Everyone was too afraid to sign him because of the stigma attached to him.

I think the hate (criticism) was warranted. I'm not sure I would agree that he's a better back-up than most, but he's definitely a better back-up than some. I would probably prefer Tebow to Mark Sanchez for example... and he was my starting QB for awhile. But I was watching NFL's A Football Life on Doug Flutie last week and saw a lot of similarities between him and Tebow.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 7:51:48 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/19/2016 6:58:28 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
I know! He would have excelled even more on a great team. It's a shame he's never got a Super Bowl win. :/

Indeed. Though the Cards are certainly a good team now. Too little too late!
I wouldn't mind if they were the team the Giants had to beat in the NFC championship this year ;)
President of DDO
missmozart
Posts: 306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 7:58:38 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 7/19/2016 9:09:46 PM, Danielle wrote:
Who are some of your favorite athletes and why?

Katie Taylor. She's Ireland's pride.
"Bonjour" -Feu

Diqiu: "Asian men are generally perceived as more feminine..."
Me: "Are you feminine?"
Diqiu: "Hey, no!"

"Do really really really good pens turn you on?" -Hayd

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

"let's keep it simple and traditional :D" -Biodome
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 8:46:41 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/19/2016 7:50:33 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/19/2016 7:05:31 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Tebow is awesome. I feel like he got way too much hate. People just weren't willing to look at how well he did, but only his prayer and stuff. He's definitely a better back-up qb than most... but he effectively got kicked out of the league. Everyone was too afraid to sign him because of the stigma attached to him.

I think the hate (criticism) was warranted.

All of it? Why?

I'm not sure I would agree that he's a better back-up than most, but he's definitely a better back-up than some. I would probably prefer Tebow to Mark Sanchez for example... and he was my starting QB for awhile. But I was watching NFL's A Football Life on Doug Flutie last week and saw a lot of similarities between him and Tebow.

Well, you're probably right. Not better than most, but some. I guess my point is, there were teams that passed up getting a better back-up than they had because of the stigma attached to his name and what he stands for.

Doug Flutie played until he was like 40 something didn't he?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 8:47:29 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/19/2016 7:51:48 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/19/2016 6:58:28 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
I know! He would have excelled even more on a great team. It's a shame he's never got a Super Bowl win. :/

Indeed. Though the Cards are certainly a good team now. Too little too late!
I wouldn't mind if they were the team the Giants had to beat in the NFC championship this year ;)

Lol, yeah. You never know. Seattle is playing like trash and Bradford beat the Pack, could be a crazy year ahead. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
fire_wings
Posts: 5,555
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 7:21:52 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Fire_wings for sure
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 9:42:16 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
What about Marshawn Lynch? He's apparently in charge of helping Seahawks players with their 401Ks.

http://www.complex.com...

So... he hasn't spent any of his NFL money, doles out financial advice to teammates, has multiple business ventures, is great at branding himself vs. his team, understands the power of silence with the media AND continually gives back to his community? #BeastMode
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 9:46:05 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/19/2016 8:47:29 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Lol, yeah. You never know. Seattle is playing like trash and Bradford beat the Pack, could be a crazy year ahead. :)

Seattle's (lack of) offense is alarming at the moment,, but they tend to start slow.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 9:46:39 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
And I called the Vikings as being a surprise contender at the start of the season. Hopefully AP's injury is mild (sorry Rob).
President of DDO
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 9:48:33 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/20/2016 9:46:05 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/19/2016 8:47:29 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Lol, yeah. You never know. Seattle is playing like trash and Bradford beat the Pack, could be a crazy year ahead. :)

Seattle's (lack of) offense is alarming at the moment,, but they tend to start slow.

I know! Very surprising. They do tend to start low, but I can't remember a time when they started this low. (at least after they started doing well a few years back)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 9:48:39 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/20/2016 9:46:39 PM, Danielle wrote:
And I called the Vikings as being a surprise contender at the start of the season. Hopefully AP's injury is mild (sorry Rob).

Yeah... crushing loss, even if it's only for a few weeks. :/
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW