Jump to topic:

mma

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 2:50:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There was alot of controversy from the Gray Maynard VS Frankie Edgar fight.

Do you think the judges fairly called it a draw? Do you believe Dana white is right in giving the title shot to someone else instead of giving Maynard a re-match, like he did for BJ Penn?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 4:01:36 PM
I think you could beat them both philo
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2011 7:45:00 PM
At 1/7/2011 2:50:32 PM, TUF wrote:

Do you think the judges fairly called it a draw?

I thought Greg won.
A draw was also satisfying for me as it was tough to call.

Do you believe Dana white is right in giving the title shot to someone else instead of giving Maynard a re-match, like he did for BJ Penn?

That was the plan from day one. That was already promised to the other guy.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2011 2:21:21 AM
At 1/7/2011 7:45:00 PM, comoncents wrote:

Do you think the judges fairly called it a draw?

I thought Greg won.
A draw was also satisfying for me as it was tough to call.

I agree

Do you believe Dana white is right in giving the title shot to someone else instead of giving Maynard a re-match, like he did for BJ Penn?

That was the plan from day one. That was already promised to the other guy

Yeah i would still like to them fight again. Even if Anthony Petis wins the title from Edgar.

http://www.spike.com...

Alot of people have been talking about a lesnar VS Nelson fight, and i think Dana white said he was going to set that up. I thik that would be a bad match up for Nelson though. what do you think?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 7:20:31 AM

Do you think the judges fairly called it a draw? Do you believe Dana white is right in giving the title shot to someone else instead of giving Maynard a re-match, like he did for BJ Penn?:

From my observations:

Round 1: Maynard
Round 2: Edgar
Round 3: Maynard
Round 4: Edgar
Round 5: Edgar (barely)

The fight looked so promising with that first round @ss whipping, and the 2nd round comeback. It was evenly matched, but I thought Edgar came back on points, even though I was convinced that Maynard was going to walk away with the belt.

It really was close, however, I think Edgar's combinations were far more crisp and effective. He landed more shots, bottom line.

Because the fight was so close, and the fact that Maynard is the only man to ever defeat the current champion, Edgar, yes, I think there will most definitely be a re-match.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:31:16 PM
At 1/9/2011 7:20:31 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Because the fight was so close, and the fact that Maynard is the only man to ever defeat the current champion, Edgar, yes, I think there will most definitely be a re-match.

Agreed. Unfortunately for maynard, by the time that happens, it may not be a title shot any more if pettis wins.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2011 1:55:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com...

Edger v Maynard is the next fight!

"It was generally believed that WEC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis would get the next shot at the UFC title. But after Edgar and Maynard fought to a draw before 12,688 fans at MGM Grand Garden Arena, White found it difficult to deny the challenger another shot."

Done!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 1:40:44 AM
At 1/9/2011 1:55:57 PM, comoncents wrote:

"It was generally believed that WEC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis would get the next shot at the UFC title. But after Edgar and Maynard fought to a draw before 12,688 fans at MGM Grand Garden Arena, White found it difficult to deny the challenger another shot."

Done!

Ha, nice. Good move on dana's part. It's what the fans wanted.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 2:10:25 PM
At 1/9/2011 1:55:57 PM, comoncents wrote:

Done!:

Good... Pettis can fight the winner. Because this fight wasn't like Rua/Machida I, where Rua was clearly robbed. The Maynard/Edgar fight really was close (I don't know about a draw, but certainly close).

Pettis is going to have to wait.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 2:22:08 PM
At 1/10/2011 2:10:25 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Good... Pettis can fight the winner. Because this fight wasn't like Rua/Machida I, where Rua was clearly robbed.

Exactly.

The Maynard/Edgar fight really was close (I don't know about a draw, but certainly close).

Pettis is going to have to wait.

Maynard definitely going to have to improve his game if he wants to beat edgar. I think the odds are in his favor this second tme. Frankie Edgars only loss has been to Maynard back in '08. It will be interesting to see how this goes.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 4:35:30 PM
Maynard definitely going to have to improve his game if he wants to beat edgar. I think the odds are in his favor this second tme. Frankie Edgars only loss has been to Maynard back in '08. It will be interesting to see how this goes.:

I think it's one of those fights that on any given day could go either way. Maynard beat the crap out of him in that first round, but Edgar was able to recover and put together some beautiful combinations.

I think we learned a whole lot about Maynard's stamina too. He'd better become a cardio monster like Edgar if he wants to win.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2011 5:13:28 PM
At 1/10/2011 4:35:30 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Maynard definitely going to have to improve his game if he wants to beat edgar. I think the odds are in his favor this second tme. Frankie Edgars only loss has been to Maynard back in '08. It will be interesting to see how this goes.:

I think it's one of those fights that on any given day could go either way. Maynard beat the crap out of him in that first round, but Edgar was able to recover and put together some beautiful combinations.

I think we learned a whole lot about Maynard's stamina too. He'd better become a cardio monster like Edgar if he wants to win.

Frankie's got t have alot of pressure on him to win this fight. He's gonna need to keep his distance, watc hs jabs and follow up with more left hooks.

I still see Maynard winning the fight. He dosn't have much time to improve his cardio, so the best bet for him would be to try and stop the fight early.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 3:56:32 PM
At 2/7/2011 3:00:57 PM, Loserboi wrote:
silva vs Belfort was disappointing...:

Yup... Disgraceful.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 5:35:18 PM
At 2/7/2011 3:00:57 PM, Loserboi wrote:
silva vs Belfort was disappointing...

And I ordered it! Had a ton of people over... and it was not the best! Sucks!