Jump to topic:

Takeaways from DEN vs CAR

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 8:58:43 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
1. Trevor Siemian played as most expected.
He wasn't great, but he got the job done and engineered a respectable comeback. 18 for 26 isn't too shabby, and a touchdown always keeps you a little more favorable.

2. Super Cam is still good
He didn't carry the team like some thought he would, but he played a solid game. It's encouraging for the Panthers organization to see him come out and perform again.

3. Kelvin Benjamin will be a great asset.
All things considered, it was a sluggish start for the Panthers, drawing a loss. But, they saw some great play by Kelvin Benjamin, their top receiver they didn't really enjoy last year.

4. The Broncos will fight for the AFC West.
Many commentators and skeptics ruled the Broncos out of a AFC West title (in favor of the Chiefs or Raiders), but it's evident now the Broncos won't sit around and let their title be robbed out from underneath them.

Thoughts?
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 2:58:54 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/9/2016 8:58:43 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
He wasn't great, but he got the job done and engineered a respectable comeback. 18 for 26 isn't too shabby, and a touchdown always keeps you a little more favorable.

He didn't play himself out of the job, that's for sure. Rookie QBs take a long time to figure out. I thought RG3 was gonna be elite after his rookie season. He should be able to ride the defense to a respectable season. Perhaps knowing Paxton lynch is ready to take his job at any moment will keep him playing well.

He didn't carry the team like some thought he would, but he played a solid game. It's encouraging for the Panthers organization to see him come out and perform again.

Cam has the body of a God but his willpower has always been weak. I remember he came to green bay his rookie year, must have been hisnsefond or third game. He went up on is and was looking great in the first half. The pack fought their way back slowly as the game wore on, and once the momentum started to turn he didn't respond by trying to lead his team back, he just say on the bench with his head down and a towel over his head. Fast-forward a few years later to the super bowl, and he's falling on the ground pouting like a toddler when his defense doesn't make a crucial stop. Can you imagine having a leader like that? He gets demoralized way too easily, and that's why instead of being the best quarterback in the league he is always gonna be just a chump with potential.

All things considered, it was a sluggish start for the Panthers, drawing a loss. But, they saw some great play by Kelvin Benjamin, their top receiver they didn't really enjoy last year.

He is a big target for the ball but I noticed he is also a big target for punishment by defenders. I have a feeling he won't hold up for the season.

Many commentators and skeptics ruled the Broncos out of a AFC West title (in favor of the Chiefs or Raiders), but it's evident now the Broncos won't sit around and let their title be robbed out from underneath them.

I need to see the other guys play. Starting with a win over the Panthers makes it incredibly unlikely they won't be able to handle the teams in their division which aren't as good as the Panthers are.

Thoughts?

It's gonna be a good season! Let's get more nfl threads going and revitalize this ghost town we call the sports forum.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 2:25:26 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/10/2016 2:58:54 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 9/9/2016 8:58:43 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

He didn't play himself out of the job, that's for sure. Rookie QBs take a long time to figure out. I thought RG3 was gonna be elite after his rookie season. He should be able to ride the defense to a respectable season. Perhaps knowing Paxton lynch is ready to take his job at any moment will keep him playing well.

Very true. A couple of other rookies impressed today, but we'll have to see as the season moves along. :)

Cam has the body of a God but his willpower has always been weak. I remember he came to green bay his rookie year, must have been hisnsefond or third game. He went up on is and was looking great in the first half. The pack fought their way back slowly as the game wore on, and once the momentum started to turn he didn't respond by trying to lead his team back, he just say on the bench with his head down and a towel over his head. Fast-forward a few years later to the super bowl, and he's falling on the ground pouting like a toddler when his defense doesn't make a crucial stop. Can you imagine having a leader like that? He gets demoralized way too easily, and that's why instead of being the best quarterback in the league he is always gonna be just a chump with potential.

Lol... very well put.

He is a big target for the ball but I noticed he is also a big target for punishment by defenders. I have a feeling he won't hold up for the season.

It's unfortunate. So many guys are like this these days. Injuries all the time. It was good to see Cruz back today.

I need to see the other guys play. Starting with a win over the Panthers makes it incredibly unlikely they won't be able to handle the teams in their division which aren't as good as the Panthers are.

The Chiefs played like trash, and the Raiders scrapped by... Again, we'll have to observe as the season continues.

Thoughts?

It's gonna be a good season! Let's get more nfl threads going and revitalize this ghost town we call the sports forum.

Yes! :D Sounds great!
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 3:24:50 PM
How could people not mention CJ Anderson? I play in one Fantasy money league with friends and lol I didn't realize it was a PPR league until after the draft this second year. I mistakenly drafted Devonta Freeman. Anyway my opponent used Anderson against me this week and he crushed it. With the Broncos having a meh QB they're going to be putting the team on Anderson's back this year (pun intended). Perhaps it's too soon to tell, but I have a feeling he will continue to step up.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 3:28:58 PM
I also agree with the OP's assessment on the players mentioned, especially Benjamin. I'm wondering why the Panthers are giving Ted Ginn Jr. such a minor role in the offense though. I get that they've got depth at the WR position, but he proved himself last year IMO.

I also do think the Broncos are contenders for the AFC West because their defense is so good, Anderson looks good, and they've got 2 strong receivers who can help their rookie QB (though the QB will ultimately be their biggest issue). But the AFC West is strong. I currently see it as a 3-way toss up between them, the Chiefs and young but hungry and dangerous Raiders.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 3:29:41 PM
At 9/10/2016 2:58:54 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

All the yes. Or as we gays like to say, YAAAASSSSS
President of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 4:21:46 PM
At 9/12/2016 3:24:50 PM, Danielle wrote:
How could people not mention CJ Anderson?

I almost did... and then I didn't have time and forgot later :P

I play in one Fantasy money league with friends and lol I didn't realize it was a PPR league until after the draft this second year. I mistakenly drafted Devonta Freeman. Anyway my opponent used Anderson against me this week and he crushed it. With the Broncos having a meh QB they're going to be putting the team on Anderson's back this year (pun intended). Perhaps it's too soon to tell, but I have a feeling he will continue to step up.

Yeah. He really impressed me in game one. He looked like an elite back, not just a good one. Like you said, time will tell if he can keep it up.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 4:28:59 PM
At 9/12/2016 3:28:58 PM, Danielle wrote:
I also agree with the OP's assessment on the players mentioned, especially Benjamin. I'm wondering why the Panthers are giving Ted Ginn Jr. such a minor role in the offense though. I get that they've got depth at the WR position, but he proved himself last year IMO.

Yeah, that's interesting. They used him on some option runs, but I think he's underused, just like Dexter McCluster was when he was in KC.

I also do think the Broncos are contenders for the AFC West because their defense is so good, Anderson looks good, and they've got 2 strong receivers who can help their rookie QB (though the QB will ultimately be their biggest issue). But the AFC West is strong. I currently see it as a 3-way toss up between them, the Chiefs and young but hungry and dangerous Raiders.

Very true. Initially I was thinking it'd just be the Chiefs and Raiders... but after seeing the Broncos play on Thursday, it's going to be a whole new ballgame (pun intended).