Jump to topic:

NFL starts in an hour!

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 3:48:59 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Unless you are a Denver or Carolina fan, your season starts soon. What is your team and what are you excited for this season?

As a packers fan, we've got our deep threat jordy Nelson back, a new free agent tight end Jared Cook which looks elite so far, and a promising new running game. The packers are favored in every game on their easy schedule. Anything less than 19-0 will be a disappointment!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
thedynasty139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 9:25:56 PM
At 9/11/2016 3:48:59 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Unless you are a Denver or Carolina fan, your season starts soon. What is your team and what are you excited for this season?

As a packers fan, we've got our deep threat jordy Nelson back, a new free agent tight end Jared Cook which looks elite so far, and a promising new running game. The packers are favored in every game on their easy schedule. Anything less than 19-0 will be a disappointment!

I'm a Patriots fan, but I watched the Packers game today. I've got a lot of respect for Aaron Rodgers, and he's almost always really fun to watch. I'm hoping Garoppolo plays well tonight, but it'll be tough against the Cards without Brady or Gronk.
Beisht_Kione
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 11:33:35 PM

I'm a Hawks fan. Glad we won, but disappointed in the fact that our O line still blows.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 3:20:28 PM

I was going to text you to wish you a happy holiday! But I was too wrapped up in my Jets and Giants games. The Jets loss was sad but the Bengals win was well deserved. We lost by 1 point -- note that Nick Folk missed the extra point which would have left us tied. AJ Green destroyed Revis which was a disappointment. Hopefully that embarrassed Revis and will compel him to work next week against Watson (who sucked this week... I know that because he is on my sh!tty auto-drafted DDO fantasy team). The Jets front 7 looks good though. Marshall dropped a few passes that could have been meaningful but I'm not too worried about it. We've got 2 awesome receivers, a decent QB and Matt Forte proved to be compelling. Still, with the Pats winning the division (obvs) I don't see them making the playoffs and walking away with a final record of 7-9.

Now as for the Giants. Welcome back Victor Cruz. He's loving the double-team that ODB draws. Eli looks hella confident. The defense is much better than last year. And the running game is not AS horrendous. Special teams is meh. BUT! The G-men are going to the playoffs. Perhaps that's a presumptuous call because we haven't seen the Red Skins play yet... and both Dak Presscott and Carson Wentz proved to be much better new QBs than anticipated. But my gut says the veteran Eli proves to be the difference and leads the Giants to a division victory. I also wouldn't be surprised if they went 11-5 and took the Wild Card spot if need be.
President of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 5:31:47 PM

Kansas City Chiefs! :D

Admittedly, we played like trash for 3 quarters... but that comeback was good. I'm excited for Charles and Houston to return (hopefully they do)... that'd make our team complete. I really like the spreading of the offense, using Ware and West and RB and throwing to more than just Charles. I think as the season goes along, we'll only get better. The defense will also improve, hopefully. It's a contested division this year, so I'm pretty excited!
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 5:18:50 PM
At 9/11/2016 9:25:56 PM, thedynasty139 wrote:
l
I'm a Patriots fan, but I watched the Packers game today. I've got a lot of respect for Aaron Rodgers, and he's almost always really fun to watch. I'm hoping Garoppolo plays well tonight, but it'll be tough against the Cards without Brady or Gronk.

Not that tough lol. I'm originally from New England but football had yet to become the thing it was today when I left in '97. Perhaps I would have become a pats fan before I moved to green bay if it was! I think the best action will be in the Afc this year, the pats, Steelers, and Broncos are better than the Panthers, packers, hawks and cardies.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 5:21:24 PM
At 9/11/2016 11:33:35 PM, Beisht_Kione wrote:

I'm a Hawks fan. Glad we won, but disappointed in the fact that our O line still blows.

Is the hawk's reign of supremacy in the nfc coming to an end?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 5:26:10 PM
At 9/12/2016 2:03:51 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Raider nation

Raiders are being hyped hard this year. I'm not on that train yet, I got them third in the west. They needed an 8 to take the saints and the saints haven't been good in years...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 5:36:09 PM
At 9/12/2016 3:20:28 PM, Danielle wrote:

I was going to text you to wish you a happy holiday! But I was too wrapped up in my Jets and Giants games. The Jets loss was sad but the Bengals win was well deserved. We lost by 1 point -- note that Nick Folk missed the extra point which would have left us tied. AJ Green destroyed Revis which was a disappointment. Hopefully that embarrassed Revis and will compel him to work next week against Watson (who sucked this week... I know that because he is on my sh!tty auto-drafted DDO fantasy team). The Jets front 7 looks good though.

Cornerback is a young man's position. But revis is epic enough to be the exception I suppose. Charles woodson managed to beat the clock.

marshall dropped a few passes that could have been meaningful but I'm not too worried about it. We've got 2 awesome receivers, a decent QB and Matt Forte proved to be compelling. Still, with the Pats winning the division (obvs) I don't see them making the playoffs and walking away with a final record of 7-9.

Wouldn't that be frustrating if Jimmy g keeps the pats going without a hiccup? The only thing Afc east fans had going for them was his age...

Now as for the Giants. Welcome back Victor Cruz. He's loving the double-team that ODB draws. Eli looks hella confident. The defense is much better than last year. And the running game is not AS horrendous. Special teams is meh. BUT! The G-men are going to the playoffs. Perhaps that's a presumptuous call because we haven't seen the Red Skins play yet... and both Dak Presscott and Carson Wentz proved to be much better new QBs than anticipated. But my gut says the veteran Eli proves to be the difference and leads the Giants to a division victory. I also wouldn't be surprised if they went 11-5 and took the Wild Card spot if need be.

Skins look horrible, Dallas could surprise I guess but that defense is been unstable for a long time now. I'd say giants is a safe bet this year but that's just process of elimination. I haven't seen the giants play yet but I will get a full dosage of them on October 9th!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:17:34 PM
At 9/14/2016 5:21:24 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Ended last year.
Beisht_Kione
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:27:58 PM
At 9/14/2016 5:21:24 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Time will tell I suppose
thedynasty139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:08:09 PM
At 9/14/2016 5:18:50 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 9/11/2016 9:25:56 PM, thedynasty139 wrote:
l

Not that tough lol. I'm originally from New England but football had yet to become the thing it was today when I left in '97. Perhaps I would have become a pats fan before I moved to green bay if it was! I think the best action will be in the Afc this year, the pats, Steelers, and Broncos are better than the Panthers, packers, hawks and cardies.

Holy crap, I can't believe we won that game lol.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 9:00:36 PM
At 9/15/2016 8:12:17 PM, inferno wrote:
Go Patriots.

Garoppolo played better than I expected.
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 9:04:50 PM
At 9/15/2016 9:00:36 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
Go Patriots.

Hes the next Brady.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 9:06:03 PM
At 9/15/2016 9:04:50 PM, inferno wrote:
Go Patriots.

Hes the next Brady.

I wouldn't go that far, but he definitely outdid my expectations.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 1:01:05 PM
At 9/15/2016 9:04:50 PM, inferno wrote:
Go Patriots.

Hes the next Brady.

Sounds like Brady is just a run of the mill qb who can be replaced by any bum off the street.....
Beliefs in a nutshell:
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 1:13:15 AM
The packers are favored in every game on their easy schedule. Anything less than 19-0 will be a disappointment!

DISAPPOINTMENT... :P
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 2:08:58 AM
At 9/27/2016 1:13:15 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
The packers are favored in every game on their easy schedule. Anything less than 19-0 will be a disappointment!

There's been a whole lot of disappointment. Our offense on paper should be shredding through every team we face but it keeps stalling. Now the injuries have piled up and first place in the division is slipping away.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 2:13:40 AM
At 9/27/2016 2:08:58 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:

There's been a whole lot of disappointment. Our offense on paper should be shredding through every team we face but it keeps stalling. Now the injuries have piled up and first place in the division is slipping away.

I know :/

I'm a little worried, too. Denver is playing better than I thought they would... and the Raiders aren't too shabby.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 5:22:39 PM
At 9/27/2016 2:13:40 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/27/2016 2:08:58 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I know :/

I'm a little worried, too. Denver is playing better than I thought they would... and the Raiders aren't too shabby.

Denver has the best defense in the league, Oakland the worst.
Beliefs in a nutshell: