Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Best Division in NFL

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 3:42:03 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
I feel like these things should be assessed after every 3 weeks, but we can try to guess.

So far it looks like the NFC is by far stronger than the AFC. Here are my rankings on division strength for now:

1 and 2. NFC North/South

North = Packers, Bears, Lions, Vikings -- I predict Packers win division and Vikings get a surprise WC
South = Bucs, Falcons, Panthers, Saints -- always a good fight for the division

3. AFC West -- three way fight for division win between Chiefs, Raiders and Broncos
4. NFC East -- much better than usual/expected minus the 2 rookie QBs
5. NFC West -- the Seahawks and Cardinals are 2 dominant teams
President of DDO
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 4:24:44 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/12/2016 3:42:03 PM, Danielle wrote:
I feel like these things should be assessed after every 3 weeks, but we can try to guess.

So far it looks like the NFC is by far stronger than the AFC. Here are my rankings on division strength for now:

1 and 2. NFC North/South

North = Packers, Bears, Lions, Vikings -- I predict Packers win division and Vikings get a surprise WC

The Lions offense looked great. Marvin Jones isn't doing a bad job replacing Calvin Johnson.

South = Bucs, Falcons, Panthers, Saints -- always a good fight for the division

I think all four of these teams are better this year... but I think there are other stronger divisions...

3. AFC West -- three way fight for division win between Chiefs, Raiders and Broncos

I think these three teams will only get better as the season progresses. It will be a fun year as a Chiefs fan :D

4. NFC East -- much better than usual/expected minus the 2 rookie QBs

Wentz did much better than I thought he would.

5. NFC West -- the Seahawks and Cardinals are 2 dominant teams

Rams and Niners... no names ;P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Stymie13
Posts: 2,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 10:02:57 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Afc east is terrible
Afc north mediocre
Afc south is crap
Afc west is solid

Nfc east is mediocre
Nfc north mediocre
Nfc south appears much improved
Nfc west is overrated
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 5:39:53 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Top tier:
Afc north. The Steelers and Bengals are really good, the ravens are finding their place, and the browns suck. The afc west might have three playoff contenders, but I put the north here because they have two teams that are virtual locks. If the ravens pick up any steam at all it won't even be a contest.

Nfc north: the packers and Vikings are gonna be taking the nfc by storm this season. It's too bad they square off right away this week, it would have been better for them to build some momentum yet. Could have had another great matchup of undefeated teams for primetime in a few weeks. The lions are finding their place and the bears most likely will suck. Again, two locks here, and the lions could surprise but I doubt it.

These are the only two divisions that I would bet money have a wild card berth. The nfc and Afc west would come in close behind but that patheticil display by the hawks and cardies last week makes me think their reign is over. The raiders and chiefs aren't perennial winners, they could very well implode and make way for other teams to steal the wc
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 4:22:47 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/13/2016 5:39:53 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Top tier:
Afc north. The Steelers and Bengals are really good, the ravens are finding their place, and the browns suck. The afc west might have three playoff contenders, but I put the north here because they have two teams that are virtual locks. If the ravens pick up any steam at all it won't even be a contest.

I think the AFC West has two locks as well -- I just don't know which two it will be.

Nfc north: the packers and Vikings are gonna be taking the nfc by storm this season. It's too bad they square off right away this week, it would have been better for them to build some momentum yet. Could have had another great matchup of undefeated teams for primetime in a few weeks. The lions are finding their place and the bears most likely will suck. Again, two locks here, and the lions could surprise but I doubt it.

The Lions are in a tough division. In nearly any other NFC division, they'd probably get a WC spot.

These are the only two divisions that I would bet money have a wild card berth. The nfc and Afc west would come in close behind but that patheticil display by the hawks and cardies last week makes me think their reign is over. The raiders and chiefs aren't perennial winners, they could very well implode and make way for other teams to steal the wc

Hope not :(
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 1:05:07 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/14/2016 4:22:47 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/13/2016 5:39:53 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Top tier:
Afc north. The Steelers and Bengals are really good, the ravens are finding their place, and the browns suck. The afc west might have three playoff contenders, but I put the north here because they have two teams that are virtual locks. If the ravens pick up any steam at all it won't even be a contest.

I think the AFC West has two locks as well -- I just don't know which two it will be.

Nfc north: the packers and Vikings are gonna be taking the nfc by storm this season. It's too bad they square off right away this week, it would have been better for them to build some momentum yet. Could have had another great matchup of undefeated teams for primetime in a few weeks. The lions are finding their place and the bears most likely will suck. Again, two locks here, and the lions could surprise but I doubt it.

The Lions are in a tough division. In nearly any other NFC division, they'd probably get a WC spot.

These are the only two divisions that I would bet money have a wild card berth. The nfc and Afc west would come in close behind but that patheticil display by the hawks and cardies last week makes me think their reign is over. The raiders and chiefs aren't perennial winners, they could very well implode and make way for other teams to steal the wc

Hope not :(

Could very well be jets and Bengals for wc!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,291
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 4:28:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 1:05:07 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 9/14/2016 4:22:47 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/13/2016 5:39:53 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Top tier:
Afc north. The Steelers and Bengals are really good, the ravens are finding their place, and the browns suck. The afc west might have three playoff contenders, but I put the north here because they have two teams that are virtual locks. If the ravens pick up any steam at all it won't even be a contest.

I think the AFC West has two locks as well -- I just don't know which two it will be.

Nfc north: the packers and Vikings are gonna be taking the nfc by storm this season. It's too bad they square off right away this week, it would have been better for them to build some momentum yet. Could have had another great matchup of undefeated teams for primetime in a few weeks. The lions are finding their place and the bears most likely will suck. Again, two locks here, and the lions could surprise but I doubt it.

The Lions are in a tough division. In nearly any other NFC division, they'd probably get a WC spot.

These are the only two divisions that I would bet money have a wild card berth. The nfc and Afc west would come in close behind but that patheticil display by the hawks and cardies last week makes me think their reign is over. The raiders and chiefs aren't perennial winners, they could very well implode and make way for other teams to steal the wc

Hope not :(

Could very well be jets and Bengals for wc!

Yeah...
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 5:24:07 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/17/2016 1:05:07 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Could very well be jets and Bengals for wc!

I was thinking the same thing.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 5:29:44 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Still super early, but...

Presumed Division Leaders

AFC: Patriots, Steelers, Texans, Broncos

Wild Card prospects: Jets, Bengals, Colts, Raiders

NFC: Giants, Vikings, Panthers, Cardinals

Wild Card prospects: Packers, Seahawks
President of DDO