Jump to topic:

Let's talk football

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 4:30:05 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Instead of creating a new thread for game discussion... just put it all here. Makes it less spammy.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 4:39:21 AM
Matt Ryan played like a beast. I was listening to ESPN radio this morning and several people were asking who to start: Flacco or Ryan. Each time, the "experts" pushed for Flacco. Lol. Julio Jones w/Ryan is probably the best QB/WR duo in the NFL right now. #KeepPounding lol

The Pats were held scoreless by a Bills defense... and pounded by an underrated Bills offense. Brady and Gronk come back next week to face the Browns (the only winless team left). It'll be a nice, easy return for both of them. Expecting a beatdown worse than the Steelers gave the Chiefs.

Speaking of the Chiefs, they got clobbered. Thankfully they have a week to recuperate. They're now 3rd in the division with a record of perfect mediocrity. The real test will be in two weeks against Oakland. A wild-card spot is likely going to one of the two, so it's important to determine how they'll handle each other in their first matchup.

Other than that, no really big news... except Andrew Luck has to be depressed. All of his talent is going to waste with such a terrible O-line.

Definitely welcome your comments. I'd love to hear some other opinions and contributions. :)
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2016 11:07:07 AM
The NFC is a conglomeration of mediocrity.

I have no clue what the hell happened in foxboro.

Are my Raiders for real? 3 road wins (granted 2 against crappy Tennessee and New Orleans) is strong no matter who it is.

Afc west and north are the only 2 strong divisions in the league.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 1:33:29 PM
Biggest Surprise: Vikings at 4-0 despite Bridgewater injury

Biggest disappointent: This one is shared between the Cardinals and Panthers at 1-3

Team I am not surprised by: Rams at 3-1. I just thought moving to a new city would give them a new energy they didn't have before.

Most overrated: Ravens. They've played a weak schedule, which has helped their record

Most underrated: Cowboys. They have a good group of young players and a solid offensive line.

Coach of the year so far: Mike Zimmer. What a job he's doing with the Vikings

MVP: Too close to call.
Ashton
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 1:39:58 PM
Now onto college football

Biggest surprise: Louisville. Sure they lost to Clemson, but they've looked impressive nonetheless

Biggest disappointment: Oklahoma. I'm not surprised they lost to Ohio State and Houston, but it's surprising how easily they were defeated

Most underrated: Here's a surprise, Western Michigan. They're 2-0 against the Big Ten, beat up on Group of 5 powerhouse Georgia Southern, and whipped their rivals Central Michigan 49-10 on the road (and Central's a good team). They should be top 25 if not higher.

Most overrated: Tennessee. They won on a hail mary, beat Appalachian State because of App State's poor clock management, struggled against Ohio, and it took a massive Florida meltdown for them to win. They could easily be 2-3 or 1-4.

Coach of the year: PJ Fleck. He's done an incredible job with Western Michigan

Heisman: Lamar Jackson. Sure, he could end up turning into another Kenny Hill or Denard Robinson (A one month wonder), but so far nobody's been as dominant and productive as he has.
Ashton
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2016 4:28:34 PM
At 10/4/2016 1:33:29 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Bradford is balling.

Biggest disappointment: This one is shared between the Cardinals and Panthers at 1-3

Agreed. The single-worst performance last week was the Chiefs, though.

Team I am not surprised by: Rams at 3-1. I just thought moving to a new city would give them a new energy they didn't have before.

Yeah. I'm not too sure about how long their winning record will sustain.

Most overrated: Ravens. They've played a weak schedule, which has helped their record

Agreed... but maybe the Packers also. They're not doing that great.

Most underrated: Cowboys. They have a good group of young players and a solid offensive line.

Either them or the Eagles.

Yes... Or Belichick. Never go wrong there.

Matt Ryan. Why not?
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:21:15 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/7/2016 1:56:29 AM, Stymie13 wrote:
These prime time games are getting harder and harder to watch.

damned packers are playing late and I got to actually WORK in the morning! Rodgers better have the gmen put away by halftime so I can sleep...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:29:35 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:21:15 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

damned packers are playing late and I got to actually WORK in the morning! Rodgers better have the gmen put away by halftime so I can sleep...

I'm not starting Cobb or Cruz but you know this games not ending till at least 1230 est.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:31:34 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:29:35 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

I'm not starting Cobb or Cruz but you know this games not ending till at least 1230 est.

Step 1: take out 2 recievers.
Step 2: insert Cobb and Cruz.
Failure to abide by these steps will result in severe depression and pangs of regret.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:31:38 PM
So Houston was a pretender and now Louisville is pretty much eliminated due to Washington and Michigan both putting up 70+.

Go Bucks!
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 3:33:49 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:31:34 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Failure to abide by these steps will result in severe depression and pangs of regret.

Dude I have:

Mike Evans
Julian Edelman
Travis Benjamin
Emmanuel sanders
Cobb
Cruz

Those last 2 were riding pine no matter what.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2016 9:56:05 PM
At 10/9/2016 3:33:49 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Dude I have:

Mike Evans
Julian Edelman
Travis Benjamin
Emmanuel sanders
Cobb
Cruz

Those last 2 were riding pine no matter what.

Damn I should have started sanders over Edelman.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 3:39:41 PM
At 10/4/2016 1:33:29 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

There were several predictions I had at the beginning of the season that were dead on. This includes the Vikings being a dominant team. When AP went down, I thought that might be over, but before that I suspected they would surprise most people and take the NFC for sure.

For me, the biggest surprise is probably the Cowboys and Eagles. I really thought the Giants had the NFC on lock. I knew Wentz would be good (and I thought it was stupid for the Rams to choose Goff over him) but I didn't think they would be 3-1 (almost 4-0).

Biggest disappointent: This one is shared between the Cardinals and Panthers at 1-3

Well they will both probably be 2-3 after tonight.

I might be biased, but the Jets being at 1-4. Fitz was a beast this year. Now people in NY are asking him to be replaced by GENO SMITH. The Jets also have 2 dominant receivers in Decker and Marshall, rivaled perhaps only by the Broncos' WR pair Thomas/Sanders. The Jets also had a sick defense last year, and this year are good but not GREAT. Revis has been disappointing and after the whole friggin hold out for a contract, Fitzy is looking like a bust. We need some more of that Fitzmagic!

Vikings.

I would say the Chiefs and they aren't even rated high. It's just that I've heard pundits say the AFC-east is up in the air between the Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders and it's not. The Chiefs aren't in the mix. They're 2-2 and will probs not get into the playoffs with a 7-9 record.

Agree with Cowboys, but I'd say the Falcons. I think they're going to the playoffs at 13-3... dare I say 14 and 2? The Raiders are also a young team a lot of talent.

Agree.

Tom Brady. And I'm saying that after one game against the Cleveland Browns (...and I'm no fan of TB). But it's obvious that his team LOVES him; Bill Belichick loves him; the entire Northeast LOVES him; and god damnit Gisele Bundchen loves him. He's a solid, effective, proven winner with super talent, amazing football IQ, and a proven track record of winning. He will continue to win. They will go 12-4. But just the way he rallies his team, and everyone has his back... like... how can he NOT be the MVP?

There's no closer candidate I can see now. Matt Ryan maybe? Julio Jones?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 3:55:14 PM

My power rankings look nothing like anybody else's lol.

01. Vikings
02. Falcons
03. Patriots
04. Steelers
05. Broncos
06. Seahawks
07. Raiders
08. Texans
09. Packers
10. Cowboys
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 3:55:58 PM
At 10/10/2016 3:39:41 PM, Danielle wrote:
When AP went down, I thought that might be over, but before that I suspected they would surprise most people and take the NFC for sure.

NFC North*
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 3:59:59 PM
Fitz was a beast this year.

*Fitz was a beast LAST year. WTF @ these typos.
President of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 10:54:24 PM
For me, the biggest surprise is probably the Cowboys and Eagles. I really thought the Giants had the NFC on lock. I knew Wentz would be good (and I thought it was stupid for the Rams to choose Goff over him) but I didn't think they would be 3-1 (almost 4-0).

As much as I dislike the Cowboys, I'm loving seeing what Dak is doing. The same with the Eagles. New, young talent is exciting.

I would say the Chiefs and they aren't even rated high. It's just that I've heard pundits say the AFC-east is up in the air between the Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders and it's not. The Chiefs aren't in the mix. They're 2-2 and will probs not get into the playoffs with a 7-9 record.

Where's the love? Lol. I think the Chiefs way to prove themselves is against Oakland this week. If they win, I think they'll have a winning season for sure. If they lose, well... you might be right.

Agree with Cowboys, but I'd say the Falcons. I think they're going to the playoffs at 13-3... dare I say 14 and 2? The Raiders are also a young team a lot of talent.

Agree with both. The Falcons are looking really good. Even though Julio Jones didn't have a spectacular statistical game this week, he's reliable. And they won without him catching for 300 yards, too.

Tom Brady. And I'm saying that after one game against the Cleveland Browns (...and I'm no fan of TB). But it's obvious that his team LOVES him; Bill Belichick loves him; the entire Northeast LOVES him; and god damnit Gisele Bundchen loves him. He's a solid, effective, proven winner with super talent, amazing football IQ, and a proven track record of winning. He will continue to win. They will go 12-4. But just the way he rallies his team, and everyone has his back... like... how can he NOT be the MVP?

It was the Browns, for one thing... I'm not giving him the credit until a little ways down the road. No doubt, he's an exceptional player with immense talent. I just don't see how he should be deserving of the MVP up to this point. Wait it out. Until then...

There's no closer candidate I can see now. Matt Ryan maybe? Julio Jones?

...Matt Ryan. He's looking really good.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:12:35 AM
My Cowboys are 4-1 with a potentially great future with Dak Prescott and Zeke Elliott the defense stepped up but it needs to compliment the offense....Claiborne and Sean Lee stepped up not to mention Demarcus Lawrence.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 12:39:28 AM
At 10/10/2016 3:55:14 PM, Danielle wrote:

01. Vikings
02. Falcons
03. Patriots
04. Steelers
05. Broncos
06. Seahawks
07. Raiders
08. Texans
09. Packers
10. Cowboys

1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Cowboys
4. Vikings
5. Falcons
6. Seahawks
7. Packers
8. Eagles
9. Bills
10. Steelers
Beliefs in a nutshell:
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:10:27 AM
At 10/11/2016 12:39:28 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 10/10/2016 3:55:14 PM, Danielle wrote:

01. Vikings
02. Falcons
03. Patriots
04. Steelers
05. Broncos
06. Seahawks
07. Raiders
08. Texans
09. Packers
10. Cowboys

1. Broncos
2. Patriots
3. Cowboys
4. Vikings
5. Falcons
6. Seahawks
7. Packers
8. Eagles
9. Bills
10. Steelers

1. Vikings
2. Patriots
3. Falcons
4. Cowboys
5. Broncos
6. Eagles
7. Steelers
8. Bills
9. Packers
10. Raiders
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:12:23 AM

No kidding.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:29:12 AM
At 10/11/2016 1:12:23 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

No kidding.

I'm glad I already won and don't need to worry about Evans and gano. This was torture.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:30:18 AM

Well they will both probably be 2-3 after tonight.

Welp. Another disappointment.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 9:01:22 PM
MVP, even though its way too early, both from the afc west: Vonn miller or Derek Carr. Neither team is 4-1 without.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 4:50:35 AM
At 10/11/2016 9:01:22 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
MVP, even though its way too early, both from the afc west: Vonn miller or Derek Carr. Neither team is 4-1 without.

I'm still sticking with Matt Ryan.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 5:05:30 AM
At 10/12/2016 4:50:35 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 10/11/2016 9:01:22 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

I'm still sticking with Matt Ryan.

You can't argue against him for sure.

I'd throw in Bradford and, gasp, Wentz at this point.