Jump to topic:

Is there any denying the Pack?

Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 10:11:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Packers are probably the safest bet for a Superbowl win at this point. We handled the Bears without too much of a struggle three weeks ago and that was before we decided to let the NFL know that we had a rungame we were holding out on. The Jets would be facing a team that shut them out during the regular season if they faced the Packers. The Steelers are the only team I have any concern about, as they usually play headgames and the Packers are their worst enemies when the sh** talking starts.
no comment
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 1:52:18 PM
At 1/16/2011 10:11:27 PM, Caramel wrote:
The Packers are probably the safest bet for a Superbowl win at this point. We handled the Bears without too much of a struggle three weeks ago and that was before we decided to let the NFL know that we had a rungame we were holding out on. The Jets would be facing a team that shut them out during the regular season if they faced the Packers. The Steelers are the only team I have any concern about, as they usually play headgames and the Packers are their worst enemies when the sh** talking starts.

Didn't the Pats handle the Jets just a few weeks ago without a struggle?
As long as Aaron Rodgers remembers to slide instead of thinking he's superman and trying to tank, you shouldn't lose.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 6:33:42 PM

Steelers are the safest bet right now
More experienced QB
Better Running game
Better Defense
More experienced coaching Staff
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 7:54:40 PM
At 1/17/2011 6:33:42 PM, Loserboi wrote:

Steelers are the safest bet right now
More experienced QB
Better Running game
Better Defense
More experienced coaching Staff

I agree. I think it's going to be a Steelers v. Packers Superbowl, and I think the Steelers are going to win. Why? Steelers were 12-4; Packers were 10-6. More importantly, I feel like the Steelers have beaten better teams and played tougher teams. I also think Ben's experience is going to play a role. But honestly, I'm getting ahead of myself... let's focus only on next week.

Steelers v. Jets: On one hand, you have to give the Jets' D credit. Last week they beat Peyton Manning and the Colts, yesterday they beat Tom Brady and the Pats, so I think contriving a D to stop Ben Roth is possible. However do I think the Jets' offense can produce against the Steelers defense? Probs not. Sure they got around the Pats, but their D is inferior to the Steelers. I also think the Steelers will have a much more productive run game. I think the Steelers will win 35-17.

Packers v. Bears: I have a lot of confidence in Aaron Rodgers. Also, I think the Packers have the momentum right now. Beating the Seahawks was not really a huge deal for the Bears at home, but going on the road to defeat the number 1 seed was a huge boost for the Packs. I also think Clay Matthews is mint right now. To be honest, I don't see the Packs new and improved run game doing THAT much damage against the Bears, but I think Rodgers will. The Bears really need to work their special teams to pick up extra points. It all comes down to how Cutler does; I feel he's less consistent than Rodgers. It will probably be a lower scoring game. I would guess Packers win it 21-17.
President of DDO
Jarjar3000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:56:11 PM
Aaron Rodgers is flat out on fire right now, same goes for the entire offense. Plus Tramon just feels like picking balls off left and right. The bears are gonna lose. If the jets play how they played last week they have a pretty good chance of beating the Steelers. The only reason the steelers even beat the Ravens was because the Ravens felt like going to sleep in the second half, otherwise it would be the jets and ravens.
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 11:34:13 PM
Steelers has 3 pro bowlers on the linebacking corp ready to stop Greene and L.T and if they succeed its over. If you have to put your money in Mark Sanchez to win the game just give up right there. Mark Sanchez plays scared, you can see it when he plays. He's scared to be intercepted, he's scared to get sacked. He throws a ridiculously high ball that his receivers cannot catch when he is in catch up mode. The Jets do not like Mark Sanchez having to throw the ball, but against the Steelers they might not have a choice. I am predicting a 24-7 victory for the Steelers

I would love to see Green bay make the superbowl, but I would not count out that bears defense which is superior to the Eagles and the Falcons. so this game i am not sure.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 1:15:04 AM
...OK but let's not forget the Bears offense is not half as good as either the Falcons or the Eagles. The Packers' D is going to have its easiest time of the playoffs with Jay Cutler. Forte could always save them but I'd say the chances of that are sub 50%. Bears will dominate special teams, I would think.

Roethlesburger is going to beat the sh*t out of some prostitutes and then come out and whip the Jets' a5ses.
no comment
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 1:16:48 AM
As long as Aaron Rodgers remembers to slide instead of thinking he's superman and trying to tank, you shouldn't lose.

My heart drops every time he does that. Great way for a stupid fumble.
no comment
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 1:19:34 AM
At 1/18/2011 1:15:04 AM, Caramel wrote:
...OK but let's not forget the Bears offense is not half as good as either the Falcons or the Eagles. The Packers' D is going to have its easiest time of the playoffs with Jay Cutler. Forte could always save them but I'd say the chances of that are sub 50%. Bears will dominate special teams, I would think.

Roethlesburger is going to beat the sh*t out of some prostitutes and then come out and whip the Jets' a5ses.

Lol, agreed with all this.
President of DDO
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 10:24:37 AM
It would seem the Packers have the only elite offense left in the playoffs; all of the big O teams fell pretty quickly. If the Packers defense (mainly Williams and Matthews at this point) has two good games then The Pack ought to have this in the bag. The good thing about the Pack is that Woodson and Hawk can also break out at times and Raji has been putting more pressure on as well. Packers haven't won in almost 15 years they are due.
no comment
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:09:33 PM
At 1/18/2011 1:16:48 AM, Caramel wrote:

My heart drops every time he does that. Great way for a stupid fumble.

I'm referring to the Lions game where he got injured and the Packers lost in the battle of third string QB's.
Drew Stanton is incredibly terrible, but I guess that's what you get with an MSU alum.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:37:03 PM
Do not underestimate the Bears they are 2nd seed for a reason. Jay Cutler might not be consistent but he could very well have his night this weekend.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 11:49:21 PM
At 1/18/2011 11:37:03 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Do not underestimate the Bears they are 2nd seed for a reason. Jay Cutler might not be consistent but he could very well have his night this weekend.

They're the 2nd seed because the refs handed them two wins from the Lions.
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 8:26:16 AM
At 1/18/2011 11:49:21 PM, zGodMode wrote:

They got one from the Packers too. The Packers were dominating the Bears the entire game that they lost to them; they just got a bunch of penalties and beat themselves. The Bears have just been in the right place at the right time for the most part, continuing right along with their match-up against the worst team in playoff history.
no comment
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 8:52:19 AM
At 1/19/2011 8:26:16 AM, Caramel wrote:
At 1/18/2011 11:49:21 PM, zGodMode wrote:

They got one from the Packers too. The Packers were dominating the Bears the entire game that they lost to them; they just got a bunch of penalties and beat themselves. The Bears have just been in the right place at the right time for the most part, continuing right along with their match-up against the worst team in playoff history.

Agreed. Da Bears are overrated.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2011 11:46:15 PM
At 1/17/2011 7:54:40 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I think the Steelers will win 35-17.

24-19... Eh.

I would guess Packers win it 21-17.

They won 21-14... I was close!
President of DDO
Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 8:30:10 AM
At 1/23/2011 11:46:15 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/17/2011 7:54:40 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I think the Steelers will win 35-17.

24-19... Eh.

I would guess Packers win it 21-17.

They won 21-14... I was close!

You will forever go down in the annals of history as someone who got the score of the 2010 NFC and AFC Championships games almost right.
no comment