I don't understand...

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 6:40:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The carmelo drama...
I have not followed basketball all year or even last year except for the finals but wtf is going on with Carmelo?

Did he demand a trade?

He still playing like he wants to be a nugget
SportsGuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 7:16:03 PM
At 1/21/2011 6:40:56 PM, Loserboi wrote:
The carmelo drama...
I have not followed basketball all year or even last year except for the finals but wtf is going on with Carmelo?

Did he demand a trade?

No, though he may have made such a demand behind closed doors , the main problem is the Nuggets made a big PR mistake and told the Nets to be quiet about a deal between them for Carmelo. Problem was, nothing had been said by anybody about the trade, except for the various rumor mills that talk trade 24/7.

So you not only have Carmelo in an uncomfortable situation (especially with his declarations that playing for the nets would be his "dream"), but until the Nets basically said that the deal is dead, every net player is worried they are on the half of the team that was going to be dealt to denver to get Carmelo
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 8:04:24 PM
At 1/21/2011 7:16:03 PM, SportsGuru wrote:
At 1/21/2011 6:40:56 PM, Loserboi wrote:
The carmelo drama...

Did he demand a trade?

No, though he may have made such a demand behind closed doors , the main problem is the Nuggets made a big PR mistake and told the Nets to be quiet about a deal between them for Carmelo. Problem was, nothing had been said by anybody about the trade, except for the various rumor mills that talk trade 24/7.

So you not only have Carmelo in an uncomfortable situation (especially with his declarations that playing for the nets would be his "dream"), but until the Nets basically said that the deal is dead, every net player is worried they are on the half of the team that was going to be dealt to denver to get Carmelo

I was really hoping for the trade to go down, I would seriously love to see a reunion of Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton, regardless of the fact that Melo is involved (I have always hated him and view him as extremely overrated). And the Nuggets told the Nets to not be public with anymore details after they released the rough draft of the trade which was a big reason for the trade's downfall.

If he isn't traded to NJ before the deadline, then this summer in Free Agency he's going to the Knicks with Tony Parker. That was set up by Amare Stoudemire when he originally went to New York.