Total Posts:72|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Green Bay

Jarjar3000
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2011 11:51:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Definetly, GO PACK GO
Ohh Lord How you love me, you change my heart and soul, renewing my mind into something I could never imagine, You make me strong when I am weak, you encourage me when I'm despaired, You stick by me when everyone deserts me, You are my Lord You are my God.

Charles: I'm not a Christian because I'm afraid of hell, I'm a Christian because I love Jesus.

Geolaureate: The Pope
He looks like a Sith lord, I don't trust him.

Charles0103: Just like my God, my faith won't change.
Deistdude90
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 12:03:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I know what you mean. Milwaukee's going nuts here too. Great day to be a Packer fan (Especially if you're from Wisconsin). Bucks are terrible, Brewers are decent, but the Pack are the CHAMPS!
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 2:15:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 11:43:24 PM, Caramel wrote:
This city is going nuts!

We will be even better next year. Expect at least one more out of this crew.

i hope they don't repeat different every year keeps the NFL fresh
ASB
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 2:44:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/6/2011 11:43:24 PM, Caramel wrote:
This city is going nuts!

We will be even better next year. Expect at least one more out of this crew.

Be quiet, u were doubting the packers 2 months ago.. i saw some of ur posts... as a matter of fact, in the beginning of the season i said that the Packers were the best team in the league PERIOD... not on this site for i wasnt registered yet. Sure we had our injuries this year, but we proved that those injuries never even mattered.

i thought this game was going to be a blow out:
The Steelers cannot defend the pass against an elite passing team, the Pack is the best passing team.

The Steelers favor the pass more than the run for some reason... the packers live to intercept the pass.

This is the bottom line... we had the game won at halftime until the injuries came back to haunt us again.

If we played the Jets, i wouldve figured the game to be closer.
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:13:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 2:44:39 AM, ASB wrote:
At 2/6/2011 11:43:24 PM, Caramel wrote:
This city is going nuts!

We will be even better next year. Expect at least one more out of this crew.

Be quiet, u were doubting the packers 2 months ago.. i saw some of ur posts... as a matter of fact, in the beginning of the season i said that the Packers were the best team in the league PERIOD... not on this site for i wasnt registered yet. Sure we had our injuries this year, but we proved that those injuries never even mattered.

i thought this game was going to be a blow out:
The Steelers cannot defend the pass against an elite passing team, the Pack is the best passing team.

The Steelers favor the pass more than the run for some reason... the packers live to intercept the pass.

This is the bottom line... we had the game won at halftime until the injuries came back to haunt us again.

If we played the Jets, i wouldve figured the game to be closer.

Predicting a blowout is kind of naive. The Steelers are the number 1 scoring defense. They have 2 defensive players who won the AP defensive player of the year award. James Harrison and Troy Polamalu are arguably the best in their respective positions. The Steelers were experienced, had a dependable quarterback, had a squad of receivers that were excellent with a pro bowl tight end(Heath Miller), a pro bowl veteran(Hines Ward) and a rising young talent(Mike Wallace). They had a good runningback who finished 7th in rushing. The steelers along with the packers are two very complete football teams.

At the end i knew that the packers would win just because of the pro caliber they had on their secondary but that was the best possible match up in terms of offense and defense.

The Jets would have been blown out completely in my honest opinion. The Jets have the most significant weakness in football, weakness at the quarterback position. Mark Sanchez is too inconsistent, too inaccurate, and too nervous to bring a team to the superbowl. Honestly if the jets tried to play against the Packers in the superbowl, they would have easily been demolished. The Jets run the ball 30+ times because they dont trust mark sanchez to throw. The packers line backing corp would have stuffed Greene and Tomlinson two runningbacks who are not at the level of Mendenhall and the other steelers hb. You shut down jennings with Revis but jordie nelson and donald driver would still be open.
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 8:34:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 2:15:51 AM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/6/2011 11:43:24 PM, Caramel wrote:
This city is going nuts!

We will be even better next year. Expect at least one more out of this crew.

i hope they don't repeat different every year keeps the NFL fresh

Yeah when it ain't your city going it's easy to say that :)

Ain't no team going to be able to touch us next year.
no comment
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 8:39:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 4:13:33 AM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/7/2011 2:44:39 AM, ASB wrote:
At 2/6/2011 11:43:24 PM, Caramel wrote:
This city is going nuts!

We will be even better next year. Expect at least one more out of this crew.

Be quiet, u were doubting the packers 2 months ago.. i saw some of ur posts... as a matter of fact, in the beginning of the season i said that the Packers were the best team in the league PERIOD... not on this site for i wasnt registered yet. Sure we had our injuries this year, but we proved that those injuries never even mattered.

i thought this game was going to be a blow out:
The Steelers cannot defend the pass against an elite passing team, the Pack is the best passing team.

The Steelers favor the pass more than the run for some reason... the packers live to intercept the pass.

This is the bottom line... we had the game won at halftime until the injuries came back to haunt us again.

If we played the Jets, i wouldve figured the game to be closer.

Predicting a blowout is kind of naive. The Steelers are the number 1 scoring defense. They have 2 defensive players who won the AP defensive player of the year award. James Harrison and Troy Polamalu are arguably the best in their respective positions. The Steelers were experienced, had a dependable quarterback, had a squad of receivers that were excellent with a pro bowl tight end(Heath Miller), a pro bowl veteran(Hines Ward) and a rising young talent(Mike Wallace). They had a good runningback who finished 7th in rushing. The steelers along with the packers are two very complete football teams.

At the end i knew that the packers would win just because of the pro caliber they had on their secondary but that was the best possible match up in terms of offense and defense.

The Jets would have been blown out completely in my honest opinion. The Jets have the most significant weakness in football, weakness at the quarterback position. Mark Sanchez is too inconsistent, too inaccurate, and too nervous to bring a team to the superbowl. Honestly if the jets tried to play against the Packers in the superbowl, they would have easily been demolished. The Jets run the ball 30+ times because they dont trust mark sanchez to throw. The packers line backing corp would have stuffed Greene and Tomlinson two runningbacks who are not at the level of Mendenhall and the other steelers hb. You shut down jennings with Revis but jordie nelson and donald driver would still be open.

Yeah The Steelers didn't defeat the entire AFC by being a team with obvious weaknesses. They were only projected 2.5 pts behind us and this game wasn't won until the very last minute. I doubted the Pack only before they unleashed Starks and a rejuvinated running game; for a team to suddenly improve so vastly overnight is highly unusual and you almost have to assume McCarthy was deliberately misleading us into thinking they were vulnerable to trick the other teams into over-defending the pass. The Packers would not have won all these games without Starks providing the relief he did.
no comment
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 9:30:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 8:34:11 AM, Caramel wrote:
Yeah when it ain't your city going it's easy to say that :)

Lol, sports fans are hilarious. It's not "your city" going anywhere and it's not you going anywhere... so when you say "We'll win it next year!" it's pretty non-sensical ;)
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 9:36:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I must say the Packers have been very impressive these past few weeks. I think they will be an elite team next season fo sho. I also agree with Loserboi and his sentiments about the Jets. However to say they show too much "weakness" at the Quarterback position when the QB has taken them to the AFC title game two years in a row his first two years playing in the NFL is just sort of hard to take seriously. I agree that he's got A LOT of work to do, but he's only getting more and more comfortable in the pocket. Mark Sanchez is going to be awesome in a few years. In the mean time the Jets need to keep their roster stacked. LT and them can't play forever...
President of DDO
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 9:54:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 8:34:11 AM, Caramel wrote:
At 2/7/2011 2:15:51 AM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/6/2011 11:43:24 PM, Caramel wrote:
This city is going nuts!

We will be even better next year. Expect at least one more out of this crew.

i hope they don't repeat different every year keeps the NFL fresh

Yeah when it ain't your city going it's easy to say that :)

Ain't no team going to be able to touch us next year.

Until the Colts beat them in the Superbowl
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 12:37:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 9:54:24 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/7/2011 8:34:11 AM, Caramel wrote:
At 2/7/2011 2:15:51 AM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/6/2011 11:43:24 PM, Caramel wrote:
This city is going nuts!

We will be even better next year. Expect at least one more out of this crew.

i hope they don't repeat different every year keeps the NFL fresh

Yeah when it ain't your city going it's easy to say that :)

Ain't no team going to be able to touch us next year.

Until the Colts beat them in the Superbowl

Colts are not built to win in the playoffs.
I admit though... Packers are an unfair team at this point... they remind me of the early patriots except the packers have a runningback and the receivers. Just looking at the age of all their big name players makes you quiver.

Aaron Rodgers- 27
Greg Jennings -27
Clay Matthews-24
Nick Collins-27
Tramon Williams-27
Jermichael Finely-23
Ryan Grant-28
BJ Raji-24
AJ hawk-27
Nick Barnett-29

It is sort of not fair that Tramon Williams progressed as much as he did because now Charles Woodson a player who is already still playing at a pro bowl level can just be man covering the weakside receiver now.

Packers to me only has one weakness... which is their offensive line
I dont like to see teams repeat championships at all... I hate dynasties but the packers won a superbowl and during the superbowl they lost Driver and Woodson. The course of the season they lost Ryan Grant and Jermichael Finely. If this team is healthy, A dynasty is withing their reach. They can possibly dominate for 3-5 years with just their young core.
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 12:48:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 9:30:13 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/7/2011 8:34:11 AM, Caramel wrote:
Yeah when it ain't your city going it's easy to say that :)

Lol, sports fans are hilarious. It's not "your city" going anywhere and it's not you going anywhere... so when you say "We'll win it next year!" it's pretty non-sensical ;)

I'm sorry my capitalist friend this isn't New York mmmkay our stadium can hold three quarters of the entire population of our city. There isn't a person in GB that doesn't consider this city and this team "ours..." Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that our team is the only one that isn't owned by some guy.

"The Packers are the only non-profit, community-owned franchise in American professional sports major leagues. Typically, a team is owned by one person, partnership, or corporate entity, i.e., a "team owner." The lack of a dominant owner has been stated as one of the reasons the Green Bay Packers have never been moved from the city of Green Bay, a city of only 102,313 people as of the 2000 census." -Wiki

The fans here don't consider our team a business that some guy like Jerry Jones owns, we consider it OUR team. We aren't spectators, we are considered family. The players interact in the community through churches and meeting us at the store and in restaurants, and if they aren't doing their job then they will hear about it from us! This is the type of energy I talk about when I discuss AnCom... There is a special motivation that comes from simply the desire to be great, which is more desirable a motivator than material luxury. For this reason, the Packers will always be the greatest team. In Chicago, one out of every 54,000 people is a Bears fan. In GB, one out of every 1900 people is a Packer fan. Our smaller size and communal ownership are exactly why we enjoy an entire order of magnitude greater participation than the other big-city teams, and these two concepts are what I push for in all aspects of our economy every time I rail on capitalism and try to open your eyes to how ineffective we currently are.

Green Bay has won it all more times than any other NFL team. Capitalism would dictate that the Packers be moved to a bigger city that could squeeze more money out of the larger fan base. IOWs, the greatest NFL franchise of all time would be destroyed overnight by being turned into a profit machine and sold to the highest bidder. It would be reduced to the pitiful status that the other 31 teams occupy as mere businesses that aren't directly part of the community (the Packers obviously have to participate in capitalism if they want to exist at all so they are business-like in that respect). As usual, capitalism destroys the essence of greatness, just so a few percent of the population can be given the opportunity to control the rest of us.

How many billionaires are looking at the Packers right now and wanting a piece of the action? Perhaps they have connections and can lobby for a law that would cause the organization to fall to big business interests... Who is going to stick up for the 100,000 of us that want to keep our team here? Our city was overwhelmed by the Super Bowl and the Super Bowl wasn't even held in our city... Logically, at some point someone is going to decide that there is just too much money being wasted by such a successful organization being kept in a tiny town that can't be profited off of. Also, if the players unions succeed in demanding more money for the players (who are already way overpaid to begin with) then Green Bay will soon not be able to afford any of the superstars. At that point we would be choked to death unless we, again, sold out to a bigger city and gave up the essence of the organization.

Probably the best thing about the Packers winning this year is that football may, because of tensions over profits, be irreparably damaged by the beginning of next season. Baseball and basketball are already completely destroyed. The Celtics and Lakers combined account for 50% of all NBA championships. Baseball is f*cking retarded... People in Green Bay watch the Brewers, who should be demoted to a AAA team with the money they have to spend on players. If we hired just one player on the Yankees then the entire rest of the team would have to play for free!
no comment
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 1:04:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 12:37:55 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/7/2011 9:54:24 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/7/2011 8:34:11 AM, Caramel wrote:
At 2/7/2011 2:15:51 AM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/6/2011 11:43:24 PM, Caramel wrote:
This city is going nuts!

We will be even better next year. Expect at least one more out of this crew.

i hope they don't repeat different every year keeps the NFL fresh

Yeah when it ain't your city going it's easy to say that :)

Ain't no team going to be able to touch us next year.

Until the Colts beat them in the Superbowl

Colts are not built to win in the playoffs.
I admit though... Packers are an unfair team at this point... they remind me of the early patriots except the packers have a runningback and the receivers. Just looking at the age of all their big name players makes you quiver.

Aaron Rodgers- 27
Greg Jennings -27
Clay Matthews-24
Nick Collins-27
Tramon Williams-27
Jermichael Finely-23
Ryan Grant-28
BJ Raji-24
AJ hawk-27
Nick Barnett-29

It is sort of not fair that Tramon Williams progressed as much as he did because now Charles Woodson a player who is already still playing at a pro bowl level can just be man covering the weakside receiver now.

Packers to me only has one weakness... which is their offensive line
I dont like to see teams repeat championships at all... I hate dynasties but the packers won a superbowl and during the superbowl they lost Driver and Woodson. The course of the season they lost Ryan Grant and Jermichael Finely. If this team is healthy, A dynasty is withing their reach. They can possibly dominate for 3-5 years with just their young core.

We were in shock before the first half ended... All of a sudden driver leaves, then we see shields being escorted out, then we see woodson being escorted out, then collins is escorted out... I mean I was just staring like :o

But yeah I was expecting us to go to the SB in 2012 or 2013... This year was just supposed to be to break us in a little more so we could gain the experience to get there. 2014 will be a cold-weather SB so that would also be one we would be glad to play in.

With Grant and Finley back in there I can't wait for next year. We will have so many offensive weapons it will be ridiculous. The ages of our players are not coincidental; GB consistently turns down outside veterans because we prefer to stick to drafting (and securing draft-picks). We turned down Moss in 2007 (in which we narrowly lost the NFC Championship game in OT... what about if we hadn't turned down Moss?). We also turned down Marshawn Lynch this season despite the poor shape of our early running game.
no comment
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 2:49:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 1:05:59 PM, zGodMode wrote:
Lions to win the division as long as the refs don't hand their wins away again.

Stafford needs to be healthy
Jahvid Best needs to break out
need to improve the secondary defense

then maybe wild card, that division is too hard to win with Minnesota, Chicago and Green bay there.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:06:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 12:48:18 PM, Caramel wrote:
I'm sorry my capitalist friend this isn't New York mmmkay our stadium can hold three quarters of the entire population of our city.

That doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with the team.

There isn't a person in GB that doesn't consider this city and this team "ours..."

Then they're delusional. But I highly doubt that's true anyway :P

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that our team is the only one that isn't owned by some guy.

Perhaps, but still delusional :P

The fans here don't consider our team a business that some guy like Jerry Jones owns, we consider it OUR team. We aren't spectators, we are considered family.

Oh please lol.

The players interact in the community through churches and meeting us at the store and in restaurants, and if they aren't doing their job then they will hear about it from us!

That's great...

This is the type of energy I talk about when I discuss AnCom... There is a special motivation that comes from simply the desire to be great, which is more desirable a motivator than material luxury.

That may be so, but by your own admission you'd chastise the players who didn't meet your standards... so are their actions motivated by the desire for greatness, or the desire to avoid reprimand? Nevertheless this is kinda BS and not really what I was getting at anyway.

For this reason, the Packers will always be the greatest team.

Define great. I'm not sure everyone would agree they're "great" if they were 0-16.

In Chicago, one out of every 54,000 people is a Bears fan. In GB, one out of every 1900 people is a Packer fan.

Yawn. Obvious fallacy is obvious.

Our smaller size and communal ownership are exactly why we enjoy an entire order of magnitude greater participation than the other big-city teams, and these two concepts are what I push for in all aspects of our economy every time I rail on capitalism and try to open your eyes to how ineffective we currently are.

I don't know why you keep referring to me as this huge capitalist. My gf is an anarcho-syndicalist; I'm always defending you here and I am one of the biggest critics of capitalism on this site. I'd still technically consider myself one, but you're barking up the wrong tree.

Green Bay has won it all more times than any other NFL team. Capitalism would dictate that the Packers be moved to a bigger city that could squeeze more money out of the larger fan base. IOWs, the greatest NFL franchise of all time would be destroyed overnight by being turned into a profit machine and sold to the highest bidder. It would be reduced to the pitiful status that the other 31 teams occupy as mere businesses that aren't directly part of the community... As usual, capitalism destroys the essence of greatness...

Yawn. More ranting, raving and fallacies. This is entirely based on what your conception of "greatness" is, and it's kind of delusional. Big fvcking deal if some schmoe can catch and run fast. So can my yellow lab. I LOVE football, but let's not pretend these people are heroes. They're pretty much circus monkeys. Sure we can tell some Rudy story about perseverance, hard work and pretend that sports are important. But their job isn't to be a part of the "community." Their job is technically to get paid to play football and entertain us. If you want to create some anti-capitalist analogy for the fvck of it because you want to vent, then by all means go ahead. But like I said you're barking up the wrong tree if you're trying to convince me of capitalism's fundamental flaws. However football players not being a strong enough part of the "community" is not one of them.

Baseball and basketball are already completely destroyed... Baseball is f*cking retarded... People in Green Bay watch the Brewers...

I agree that the salary caps and whatnot in football keep the sport competitive which is kind of awesome. But this is essentially what I was getting at before.

Why do the people in Green Bay watch the Brewers? Because they're pathetic and think that the "Brewers" somehow represent them. Why? That's fvcking stupid. Just because the team plays the majority of their games there doesn't mean the "team" is theirs. In fact the team is comprised of players that are not only not FROM the area, but who often leave the area because they have absolutely zero loyalty or dedication the city but to $$$ or other objectives. Look at LeBron. Look at... Brett Favre.

Green Bay is not the only pathetic city. They're all pathetic. I'm pathetic. I'm a die hard Knicks fan -- what the fvck for?! Just because I've only been to Knicks games? That's stoopid. They haven't been good for pretty much my entire life; either have the Nets (I'm from NY and NJ). I suspect amazing things for both teams coming up but I digress.

My point is this: I'm a Jets fan, but why should I say HELL YEAH WE WON WOOOOOO!!! if the Jets win? I have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Jets winning. The players on the Jets have absolutely nothing to do with me. I haven't bought anything recently that would contribute to the funding of their franchise. Considering the Jets have also sucked for pretty much my entire life, I would probably have had nothing whatsoever to do with them and wouldn't give a flying fvck abut them if I had been born in Wisconsin. Or grew up in Delaware.

So my point is that people's obsession or rather IDENTIFICATION with sports teams is kind of ridiculous. The concept of "fair weathered fan" is absurd too (even though I hate them haha ;P ). Why would someone be a fan of a sh!tty team? To show "loyalty" to players, coaches and ultimately a "team" that means nothing and has absolutely zero association to you? Don't take my word for it though; you can look up the psychological studies that prove people identify with sports teams and feel they "represent" them and whatnot. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not above it. I was just commenting on it. And then came your tirade lol.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:07:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 1:05:59 PM, zGodMode wrote:
Lions to win the division as long as the refs don't hand their wins away again.

After you predicted the Dolphins would go all the way I feel even more confident about disagreeing with you again lol. Packers will win it if they can get/stay healthy.
President of DDO
Caramel
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:12:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 2:49:58 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/7/2011 1:05:59 PM, zGodMode wrote:
Lions to win the division as long as the refs don't hand their wins away again.

Stafford needs to be healthy
Jahvid Best needs to break out
need to improve the secondary defense

then maybe wild card, that division is too hard to win with Minnesota, Chicago and Green bay there.

I could see Chicago deteriorating just enough for Lions to make WC... I have no idea what to expect from Minn. Lions are definitely on the way up though.
no comment
ASB
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:21:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Jets would have been blown out completely in my honest opinion. The Jets have the most significant weakness in football, weakness at the quarterback position. Mark Sanchez is too inconsistent, too inaccurate, and too nervous to bring a team to the superbowl. Honestly if the jets tried to play against the Packers in the superbowl, they would have easily been demolished. The Jets run the ball 30+ times because they dont trust mark sanchez to throw. The packers line backing corp would have stuffed Greene and Tomlinson two runningbacks who are not at the level of Mendenhall and the other steelers hb. You shut down jennings with Revis but jordie nelson and donald driver would still be open.

HUH doubting the abilities of Tomlinson for Mendenhall and saying that the Jets' secondary doesn't count...
Loserboi obviously knows nothing about football teams. He looks at stats instead of watching the games.
Who do the Steelers play two times a season??? Still do not know???
The Browns, the Ravens, and the Bengals... these are three teams that do not have a great passing game.

The Steelers have been notoriously bad against great passing offenses because they do not have experience in playing against teams that can pass well. The Cardinals in the SuperBowl lit up the Steelers defense. I predicted in that game that the Cardinals would win that SuperBowl... even without a running game. The Cardinals lost because Warner threw an interception on the one yrd line which ended up as a touchdown at halftime.

The Packers game plan was great coming into the game... to exploit the Steelers secondary while keeping the Steelers defense honest... How did this happen????
Shotgun with a five man spread... sometimes a four man spread with one running back in the backfield. This discouraged the Steelers from playing their blitzing game so the Steelers were left without an effective blitzing defense. Even without the blitz, they could not defend a pass... notice how Harrison was invisible, his name was never mentioned in the game... what kept the Steelers in the game were missed catches from the Packers and Packer injuries from Driver and Woodson.

On offense for the Steelers, they thought they could attack the Packers the same way the Packers attacked the Steelers... this concept is laughable... Roethlisberger cannot pass as well as Rodgers, the receiving corps for the Steelers were weaker, the running back is weaker, the Steelers offense in spreading out the Packer defense was retarded because everyone on the Packer defense can blitz at anytime and intercept any pass. The Steelers cannot blitz at anytime and they cannot intercept every pass. The Packers played 4-5 db's on every down so spreading the Packers just made it easier to pick the ball off by disguising coverages.

The Jets would have been a better opponent for the Packers... why one would ask....
The Jets pride themselves on passing defense, just like the Packers do. Except the Jets do not pass often like the Steelers do. This would be bad for the Packers because our passing game would have played into the Jets' game plan. The Jets offense would have played to our weakness. Being over aggressive, the Packers have been probably the most aggressive defensive team in the league for a few years... overpersuing our men, outplaying our coverages, the most penalties in the league, overall just an undiciplined team on defense. This usually means good luck for other teams in their running games... the Packers are sooo bad at stopping the run that it makes me sick.

The Steelers score off of turnovers caused by teams that do not have superior offenses. Example the Ravens in the playoffs.
The Ravens have no passing game... a zero.... this why whenever the sucky Flacco went back to pass, it was picked off by the Steelers. Bad passing offenses make the Steelers look good on passing defense when in fact they suck at defending the pass.

This is why playing the Steelers was better than playing the Jets... with our strengths and weaknesses against the Steelers' strengths and weaknesses, this game should have been a blowout.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:22:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 12:48:18 PM, Caramel wrote:
The fans here don't consider our team a business that some guy like Jerry Jones owns, we consider it OUR team. We aren't spectators, we are considered family. The players interact in the community through churches and meeting us at the store and in restaurants, and if they aren't doing their job then they will hear about it from us! This is the type of energy I talk about when I discuss AnCom... There is a special motivation that comes from simply the desire to be great, which is more desirable a motivator than material luxury. For this reason, the Packers will always be the greatest team. In Chicago, one out of every 54,000 people is a Bears fan. In GB, one out of every 1900 people is a Packer fan. Our smaller size and communal ownership are exactly why we enjoy an entire order of magnitude greater participation than the other big-city teams, and these two concepts are what I push for in all aspects of our economy every time I rail on capitalism and try to open your eyes to how ineffective we currently are.

For the billionth time, capitalism is a system of negative rights. Communal ownership is not incompatible with capitalism. If it was, then the Packers wouldn't be communally owned, would they?
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:27:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Caramel, you capitalist whore! How dare Green Bay excel? Scoring should be abolished, along with the Superbowl. All that matters is that every team tries their hardest.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:29:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wanted Green Bay to win but they are getting too much credit. A pick six, another interception and a fumble killed the steelers chances.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:30:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It just disgusts me that we have to pick winners and losers in our sports society. Every team works hard, why shouldn't they share the benefits? Instead, every year, a few "elite" players, endowed with their talents by nothing but a biological accident, get to leach off of the fan base built up by all the other teams and bask in spotlight that capitalism affords them. Despicable.
ASB
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:40:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 4:29:52 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I wanted Green Bay to win but they are getting too much credit. A pick six, another interception and a fumble killed the steelers chances.

Of course the Steelers threw two picks... should have been more... the Steelers thought they could pass against the Packers... lol.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:56:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/7/2011 4:29:52 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I wanted Green Bay to win but they are getting too much credit. A pick six, another interception and a fumble killed the steelers chances.

The fact that Green Bay scored on all of those is what reall swung the game. However, One of the picks was a great play by the defender, one was that Ben was hit as he was throwing (making a bad throw and easy pick), and the fumble was a great hit by the defender, causing the ball to pop out. The only real mistake that the Steelers made was that during the fumble, the two linemen didn't see that the ball had come out, so they didn't jump on it (even though they were the closest by far).

Green Bay still made the defensive plays that won them the game. So you can say that the GB offense wouldn't have won, but you have to give credit to their D.

I'm personally just happy that the game was close (compared to the 14 points that was predicted). I would have preferred if the Steelers completed that 4th and 5 and ended the game with 6 seconds left and a bomb to the endzone (whether caught or not, I don't really care, I just love it when it goes to the last second).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 6:52:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
All three turnovers were the fault of the steelers, anyone who's played football could see that. Roethlisberger made a bad decision to throw the first pass and made a terrible second pass. The fumble was Mendenhalls fault through and through, every tackle a defender makes they put their head on the ball and try to knock it out, it was Mendenhall not protecting the ball that turned this one into a fumble.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler