Cleveland Cavaliers

zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 2:45:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 10:40:16 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Ha Ha I expected them to suck but this is just rich 25 game losing streak... Beautiful...

They're starting players that shouldn't get off the bench.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if a team could be started from the Free Agency that could beat them.
Deistdude90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 9:01:20 PM
Have you considered that they're also tanking on purpose to get a high pick in the draft?

It's a combination of injuries, terrible teamwork, and tanking.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 1:12:24 AM
At 2/9/2011 9:01:20 PM, Deistdude90 wrote:
Have you considered that they're also tanking on purpose to get a high pick in the draft?

No they are not tanking... No team would intentionally tank to 26game losing streak... and counting...

The Cavaliers just suck, as a city determined to show that they can be a perfectly capable team after LeBron left them, this is not something they would want to do. Having the worst record does not guarantee you the 1st overall pick, and there is no expected high talent player in the upcoming drafts.

They are garbage and deserve to be garbage after how they were babies over LeBron's decision. They spewed so much crap about how they are a championship caliber team, if you lose your best player you should still at least be a 8th seeded team. They lost 26 games in a row, and Dan Gilbert made a pledge saying that his Cavs will win a ring before LeBron. Too much pride to lose
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 9:03:35 AM
At 2/9/2011 9:01:20 PM, Deistdude90 wrote:

Draft Lottery.
nuf said
Deistdude90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 11:42:19 AM
The Cavs have tanked before (to get LeBron), so it's not far-fetched to think they might be tanking again. I'm not denying they suck, but do you honestly think they go to each game intending to win? They're mentality at this point is "If we win, we win, if not, well at least we'll have a better shot at Harrison Barnes or Sullinger."

Sacramento tanked twice and got Tyreke and Demarcus out of it. For all we know, the Cavs could be planning something similar at this point.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 12:14:24 PM
At 2/10/2011 11:42:19 AM, Deistdude90 wrote:
The Cavs have tanked before (to get LeBron), so it's not far-fetched to think they might be tanking again. I'm not denying they suck, but do you honestly think they go to each game intending to win? They're mentality at this point is "If we win, we win, if not, well at least we'll have a better shot at Harrison Barnes or Sullinger."

Sacramento tanked twice and got Tyreke and Demarcus out of it. For all we know, the Cavs could be planning something similar at this point.

Once again Draft Lottery.

Tanking in the NBA is not the same as tanking in the NFL, MLB, or NHL. You are not guaranteed the first pick regardless of if you are the worst team in the league. You just have a "shot" at having the first pick.
Deistdude90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 2:02:49 PM
At 2/10/2011 12:14:24 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/10/2011 11:42:19 AM, Deistdude90 wrote:

Once again Draft Lottery.

Tanking in the NBA is not the same as tanking in the NFL, MLB, or NHL. You are not guaranteed the first pick regardless of if you are the worst team in the league. You just have a "shot" at having the first pick.

I never said "you're guaranteed the first pick." I said, they have a better shot than other teams. Difference. The worst team has a 25% chance of getting the first pick while the second worst team has a 20% chance. They all have shots, but the worst team has a better chance of getting a high pick (high pick doesn't exclusively mean #1 pick by the way). The Nets last year had a grin on their face about getting the number one pick. Did they get it? No, but that doesn't mean they're chances were equally likely as any other team. That was a rule change in '96 still effective today (the only difference was that a new team was added--Bobcats). Is it possible that some elite team get a top pick? Sure, happened in '03. Is it probable? No. That's the difference. Cavs have a better shot than any team to get a high pick even if it's a lottery. Mock drafts even have the Cavs early in the round (from pick 1-5) based on their record today and projected records. So there is a purpose to tanking. They have a better shot than any team right now in getting a high pick.

'Nuff said
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 5:18:21 PM
At 2/10/2011 2:02:49 PM, Deistdude90 wrote:
Is it possible that some elite team get a top pick? Sure, happened in '03. Is it probable? No. That's the difference. Cavs have a better shot than any team to get a high pick even if it's a lottery. Mock drafts even have the Cavs early in the round (from pick 1-5) based on their record today and projected records. So there is a purpose to tanking. They have a better shot than any team right now in getting a high pick.

'Nuff said

By some elite team do you mean the Pistons?
They traded for that pick if that's what your referencing.

However, I still disbelieve the Cav's to be tanking, there isn't an elite player coming out of the draft this year, whereas there was a strong reason to tank in 03, there were 4 big-time future All-Stars coming out.
Deistdude90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 7:27:20 PM
At 2/10/2011 5:18:21 PM, zGodMode wrote:

However, I still disbelieve the Cav's to be tanking, there isn't an elite player coming out of the draft this year, whereas there was a strong reason to tank in 03, there were 4 big-time future All-Stars coming out.

Yeah, I screwed up on the elite comment. You're right about the Pistons. Good call. For some reason, I remembered it differently when it happened (probably from the shock that Carmelo could've joined them). A better example would've been when the Bulls got Rose having a 1.7% chance of getting him.

As for the Cavs tanking, I still think it's very possible they are doing it or at the very least, not worried about losing(which would be like tanking). Why bother even trying to win games now? Let's be blunt, the Cavs aren't going to try anymore even if their line up returns completely healthy. The only light at the end of their tunnel is the draft(s). They could be going the Sacramento route: have three losing seasons and three great draft spots in three drafts (09,10,and 11--which they'll probably get unless they go undefeated from now on).

As for no elite player coming out of the draft, I don't see why players like Derrick Williams and Kyrie Irving go under the radar. They haven't gotten the hype Demarcus Cousins or Evan Turner got, but I still think they'd be invaluable pieces to a rebuilding team.

If you wanted my solution though for the Cavs and other teams like them. One word: contraction.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 7:47:24 PM
At 2/10/2011 7:27:20 PM, Deistdude90 wrote:
At 2/10/2011 5:18:21 PM, zGodMode wrote:

Yeah, I screwed up on the elite comment. You're right about the Pistons. Good call. For some reason, I remembered it differently when it happened (probably from the shock that Carmelo could've joined them). A better example would've been when the Bulls got Rose having a 1.7% chance of getting him.

As for the Cavs tanking, I still think it's very possible they are doing it or at the very least, not worried about losing(which would be like tanking). Why bother even trying to win games now? Let's be blunt, the Cavs aren't going to try anymore even if their line up returns completely healthy. The only light at the end of their tunnel is the draft(s). They could be going the Sacramento route: have three losing seasons and three great draft spots in three drafts (09,10,and 11--which they'll probably get unless they go undefeated from now on).

As for no elite player coming out of the draft, I don't see why players like Derrick Williams and Kyrie Irving go under the radar. They haven't gotten the hype Demarcus Cousins or Evan Turner got, but I still think they'd be invaluable pieces to a rebuilding team.

If you wanted my solution though for the Cavs and other teams like them. One word: contraction.

They drafted Darko because they didn't really have room in their starting line-up for any of the elite players to come in and play right away, so they picked him up in hopes that he would develop into a solid big man when it came time for them to get a new fourth. That plan fell through, but they won a title regardless, however they've struggled since. (Joe Dumars is mental.)

The Cavs are losing because they're terrible. Manny Harris is seeing playing time. It doesn't matter who's in, they're trying to win, but they're just too god-awful to do it.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 10:12:22 PM
At 2/10/2011 7:47:24 PM, zGodMode wrote:

The Cavs are losing because they're terrible. Manny Harris is seeing playing time. It doesn't matter who's in, they're trying to win, but they're just too god-awful to do it.

I agree winning is a high priority for them right now... not to win alot of games... just win one game... this is just embarrassing
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 10:46:10 PM
At 2/10/2011 10:12:22 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 2/10/2011 7:47:24 PM, zGodMode wrote:

I agree winning is a high priority for them right now... not to win alot of games... just win one game... this is just embarrassing

It's seriously like watching my high school's basketball team. They were up 8 with 3 minutes left to play and blew it in the last game.

When I was a sophomore we went 15-3 and made a 19 point comeback from the middle of the third quarter to the end of the game, now they look like retards...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:13:08 PM
At 2/8/2011 10:40:16 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Ha Ha I expected them to suck but this is just rich 25 game losing streak... Beautiful...:

As a Miami-native, who recently acquired Lebron and Ilguaskas from Cleveland, it delights me so. Why? Not because I have a beef with the city of Cleveland or the Cavaliers. This delights me because of the idiots who blame Lebron James for leaving the Cavs instead of placing the blame on, oh I don't know, the f*cking management who couldn't back up their star player with a decent team!

But more than any other reason it delights me, is because of Dan Gilbert's scathing diatribe, practically setting up Voodoo effigies of James, and for guaranteeing that the Cavs would win it all, with or without Lebron. I cannot stand this prick!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 12:56:07 AM
They beat Griffin and the Clippers :( disappointment
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.