Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Troubleshooting

PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2011 5:00:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm pretty friggin pissed off right now. So I went to Best Buy today because I ran out of CD-R's, and I'm moving 2,000 miles away very soon. Needless to say, the Best Buy is like 10 miles away, so that's a 20 mile round trip. I asked for blank CD's and one of the representatives handed it to me.

I get all the way back home to find that they're DVD's. F*ck.... So I have to go back out and get a refund. 20 more miles. Now, this time I'm certain I have CD-R's. So I'm excited at this point because they hold 80 minutes of music. I spend the better part of 2 hours making a bitchin mix tape.

I check it to make sure the audio plays on my PC. It does, we're good to go. Uh, not so fast... I left the house like 15 minutes ago and nothing happened. WTF?!?! I look at other CD-R's in my car stereo. They're identical, except for the manuacturer.

The manufacturer is Memorex. I look online and see this is a common theme. Apparently Memorex gives people this exact problem (plays on the computer, not in the car).

So I called Memorex, and they didn't have an answer for me. Now I'm waiting for a technician to call me back.

In the meantime, anyone have an answer for me?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2011 5:29:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/3/2011 5:07:48 PM, annhasle wrote:
Look at the CD. Is it CD-R or CD-RW?:

CD-R
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2011 5:47:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/3/2011 5:41:01 PM, badger wrote:
are you driving the 2,000 miles?:

Yeah, and I don't want to change CD's fifty times, so I'd like to make some compilation CD's.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2011 4:52:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Years ago, there was a clear distinction between data CD-Rs and audio CD-Rs. Nowadays audio only CD-Rs are pretty much unheard of, but some discs will still support data much better than they support audio and are more suitable for copying to and from computer, rather than listening to as a CD.

I've had problems myself with recorded CDs that will play in one player and not in others, Memorex, but other brands as well. If it specifically mentions audio on the packaging, you should be allright though.
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2011 4:57:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you have an ipod or something, then you're best bet might be to get an adaptor that will let you play it through your car stereo. If your car stereo still has a tapedeck these are very cheap, if it's CD only, there a bit more expensive.
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2011 4:58:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/4/2011 4:57:38 AM, feverish wrote:
If you have an ipod or something, then you're best bet might be to get an adaptor that will let you play it through your car stereo. If your car stereo still has a tapedeck these are very cheap, if it's CD only, they're a bit more expensive.

Fix'd. Apologies for triple post.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2011 10:41:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/4/2011 4:52:37 AM, feverish wrote:
Years ago, there was a clear distinction between data CD-Rs and audio CD-Rs. Nowadays audio only CD-Rs are pretty much unheard of, but some discs will still support data much better than they support audio and are more suitable for copying to and from computer, rather than listening to as a CD.:

I'm thinking this is the problem -- that it's a data CD. It's also a stock car stereo, but my car is a 2006.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2011 12:55:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/4/2011 10:41:48 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 3/4/2011 4:52:37 AM, feverish wrote:
Years ago, there was a clear distinction between data CD-Rs and audio CD-Rs. Nowadays audio only CD-Rs are pretty much unheard of, but some discs will still support data much better than they support audio and are more suitable for copying to and from computer, rather than listening to as a CD.:

I'm thinking this is the problem -- that it's a data CD. It's also a stock car stereo, but my car is a 2006.

http://www.bestbuy.com...

If you don't want to buy new cd's and have an ipod (like feverish is mentioning) then you have the choice of.

Tape - http://reviews.bestbuy.com...
CD - http://www.bestbuy.com...
Aux - http://www.bestbuy.com...