Jump to topic:

Laptop

Brenavia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2011 7:47:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just bought a Dell Latitude for $200. It was refurbished, but Amazon said it wasnt a problem. Im excited for it to come in, and Im wondering what I should get to go with it. I especially want an external hard drive, since the memory is pretty small on the laptop. Anybody got some advice?
-Brenavia
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 11:10:45 AM
At 3/22/2011 7:47:04 AM, Brenavia wrote:
I just bought a Dell Latitude for $200. It was refurbished, but Amazon said it wasnt a problem. Im excited for it to come in, and Im wondering what I should get to go with it. I especially want an external hard drive, since the memory is pretty small on the laptop. Anybody got some advice?

Other than Ubuntu I don't know what else you would want. All the software you would ever need is free in the Ubuntu (Linux) system.

You may consider just getting a bigger internal hdd instead of adding more parts, though.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2011 11:13:20 AM
At 3/22/2011 7:47:04 AM, Brenavia wrote:

Before you go buying more HD's, check to see if the laptop is IDE or SATA (hard drive type).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"