Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

blacK Screen Of Death (KSOD) on Windows Vista

MCDCBC
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 1:17:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does anyone know how to fix a computer that runs on windows vista that has the black screen of death without any system restore disks or being able to get into safe mode. I have already tried set the time back the first time I got error code (0x80070002) the second time was successful but I was only able to set it back one day and when the computer was turned back on it still had the black screen of death. Any ideas?
MCDCBC
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 2:46:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 1:19:53 PM, OreEle wrote:
yes, go get XP, Windows 7, or a Mac.

That is a fantastic idea but I am unable to do any of those right now so any ideas on how to fix the computer well it is running on vista
MCDCBC
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 4:16:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 2:49:35 PM, Brian314 wrote:
At 6/16/2011 1:19:53 PM, OreEle wrote:
yes, go get XP, Windows 7, or a Mac.

That's the ideal solution.

Again I can't get a Mac so I am trying to fix my computer that runs on Vista. Also I have had a Mac and I hatted it because it had such a slow processor
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 4:53:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 4:16:06 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
At 6/16/2011 2:49:35 PM, Brian314 wrote:
At 6/16/2011 1:19:53 PM, OreEle wrote:
yes, go get XP, Windows 7, or a Mac.

That's the ideal solution.

Again I can't get a Mac so I am trying to fix my computer that runs on Vista. Also I have had a Mac and I hatted it because it had such a slow processor

The processor was bad, but the main problem was all that useless junk on the hard drive. I doubt there was much RAM, either. Weird to hear someone who has their iPod Touch with them so often complain about a Mac.

Did you try this?
http://www.logicitc.com...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 7:29:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 1:17:33 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
Does anyone know how to fix a computer that runs on windows vista that has the black screen of death without any system restore disks or being able to get into safe mode. I have already tried set the time back the first time I got error code (0x80070002) the second time was successful but I was only able to set it back one day and when the computer was turned back on it still had the black screen of death. Any ideas?

What does Google say?
I honestly avoid Vista like the plague.
You're using a computer right now; download the software you need to fix it.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 7:30:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 2:49:35 PM, Brian314 wrote:
At 6/16/2011 1:19:53 PM, OreEle wrote:
yes, go get XP, Windows 7, or a Mac.

That's the ideal solution.

Fix'd
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 9:02:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 7:30:01 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 6/16/2011 2:49:35 PM, Brian314 wrote:
At 6/16/2011 1:19:53 PM, OreEle wrote:
yes, go get XP, Windows 7, or a Mac.

That's the ideal solution.

Fix'd

True that!
Or you could simply download an Linux Distro for free!
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 9:44:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 9:02:10 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 6/16/2011 7:30:01 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 6/16/2011 2:49:35 PM, Brian314 wrote:
At 6/16/2011 1:19:53 PM, OreEle wrote:
yes, go get XP, Windows 7, or a Mac.

That's the ideal solution.

Fix'd

True that!
Or you could simply download an Linux Distro for free!

Ubuntu is very sexy.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
MCDCBC
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 9:47:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
All fantastic ideas thank you. I have now installed windows on the computer and it worked for all of 30 mins and then it blue screened.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 9:49:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 9:47:12 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
All fantastic ideas thank you. I have now installed windows on the computer and it worked for all of 30 mins and then it blue screened.

I think you have a corrupted hdd.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
MCDCBC
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:08:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 9:49:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:47:12 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
All fantastic ideas thank you. I have now installed windows on the computer and it worked for all of 30 mins and then it blue screened.

I think you have a corrupted hdd.
Well at least it's not a fried motherboard this time.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:09:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 9:49:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:47:12 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
All fantastic ideas thank you. I have now installed windows on the computer and it worked for all of 30 mins and then it blue screened.

I think you have a corrupted hdd.

Would this fix it, or does it need to be replaced? http://www.ehow.com...
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:14:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 10:08:11 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:49:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:47:12 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
All fantastic ideas thank you. I have now installed windows on the computer and it worked for all of 30 mins and then it blue screened.

I think you have a corrupted hdd.
Well at least it's not a fried motherboard this time.

The computer was shipped like that, all we had to do was send it back to the factory. This is an entirely different matter, because we're stuck with it. http://wtfcontent.com...
MCDCBC
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:22:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 10:09:27 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:49:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:47:12 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
All fantastic ideas thank you. I have now installed windows on the computer and it worked for all of 30 mins and then it blue screened.

I think you have a corrupted hdd.

Would this fix it, or does it need to be replaced? http://www.ehow.com...
I don't know if that would work, because I don't think you can put a floppy disk into the computer.
MCDCBC
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:23:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 10:14:08 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 6/16/2011 10:08:11 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:49:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:47:12 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
All fantastic ideas thank you. I have now installed windows on the computer and it worked for all of 30 mins and then it blue screened.

I think you have a corrupted hdd.
Well at least it's not a fried motherboard this time.

The computer was shipped like that, all we had to do was send it back to the factory. This is an entirely different matter, because we're stuck with it. http://wtfcontent.com...
Yes Britni this is a different matter I was just comparing it to that because that was the last time we had any major computer issues.
MCDCBC
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:25:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 10:16:20 PM, Koopin wrote:
I have a dumb windows XP with a maximum of 37 freak'n gigs! With 7 freak'n gigs of free space left!

Windows Xp is far superior to Windows Vista so I wouldn't be complaining if I were you. But if the amount of space is a problem I would suggest that you defragment your hard drive and perhaps invest in an external hard drive.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:30:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 10:22:03 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
At 6/16/2011 10:09:27 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:49:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:47:12 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
All fantastic ideas thank you. I have now installed windows on the computer and it worked for all of 30 mins and then it blue screened.

I think you have a corrupted hdd.

Would this fix it, or does it need to be replaced? http://www.ehow.com...
I don't know if that would work, because I don't think you can put a floppy disk into the computer.

So use a CD.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:44:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 10:23:31 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
At 6/16/2011 10:14:08 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 6/16/2011 10:08:11 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:49:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:47:12 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
All fantastic ideas thank you. I have now installed windows on the computer and it worked for all of 30 mins and then it blue screened.

I think you have a corrupted hdd.
Well at least it's not a fried motherboard this time.

The computer was shipped like that, all we had to do was send it back to the factory. This is an entirely different matter, because we're stuck with it. http://wtfcontent.com...
Yes Britni this is a different matter I was just comparing it to that because that was the last time we had any major computer issues.

You are using a computer with tape wrapped around the hinges, because the screen almost fell off. The fried motherboard was a relatively minor issue.
MCDCBC
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 10:51:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 10:44:56 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 6/16/2011 10:23:31 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
At 6/16/2011 10:14:08 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 6/16/2011 10:08:11 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:49:49 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 6/16/2011 9:47:12 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
All fantastic ideas thank you. I have now installed windows on the computer and it worked for all of 30 mins and then it blue screened.

I think you have a corrupted hdd.
Well at least it's not a fried motherboard this time.

The computer was shipped like that, all we had to do was send it back to the factory. This is an entirely different matter, because we're stuck with it. http://wtfcontent.com...
Yes Britni this is a different matter I was just comparing it to that because that was the last time we had any major computer issues.

You are using a computer with tape wrapped around the hinges, because the screen almost fell off. The fried motherboard was a relatively minor issue.
Yes but keep in mind the tape was put on the computer when it was still your computer. Also you can still use this computer and the only reason the fried motherboard was a minor issue is because we were able to just send it back if it wasn't for that it would have been a major issue. So I think that tape holding the screen up is a minor issue.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 11:22:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Most likely you need a new HDD. Find out if it's SATA or IDE. If it's IDE, consider a new computer. :P
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 1:19:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 11:22:24 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Most likely you need a new HDD. Find out if it's SATA or IDE. If it's IDE, consider a new computer. :P

I think it's SATA.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2011 1:49:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/16/2011 11:22:24 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Most likely you need a new HDD. Find out if it's SATA or IDE. If it's IDE, consider a new computer. :P

Why the third sentence?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.