Jump to topic:

HP Slate

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 10:17:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So HP is coming out with their version of the Ipad. I am going to be heavily incentivised to sell this product to my customers.

I'm not really seeing the advantages over the Ipad and it only has a 5 hour battery life. The thing is, i really don't see this as being a business accessory as a laptop has become or blackberry, so i would be interested in hearing anyone who might have an idea of how this could be sold to the business sector versus the consumer sector. Why would anyone want this instead of a laptop, or in addition to a laptop?

Also $799.00 each. This guy does explain that it is geared toward businesses, and i guess the dynamic aps would be an advantage, it just will be a tough sell at that price in this economic climate.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 10:27:13 AM
Maybe construction oversight managers, they are outside monitoring the work of the average construction workers and the use of an tablet computer would be an good way to remove the clutter of paper building schematics. But even then there are older model tablet computers that are shockproof and far better built [with far more parts in stock] and cheaper than these, so I don't truly see the point.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
webos1337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 1:05:39 AM
The HP Slate is meant for people that manage data centers or giant databases because it runs a full desktop OS, the touchpad is meant for consumers because webOS is a competitor to iOS and Android.