Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Apple could sell a brick and call it iphone.

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 9:09:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Let's face it. Iphones are fashion statements. Apple's marketing techniques target those who dont have iphones with classic peer pressure. See video.

It's not like the iphone is the best thing out there. It has only recently been able to use data during a call, create a mobile hotspot, and even copy and paste, while other phones have been doing it since the beginning. HP's Palm Pre 2 and some Android phones have the ability to play flash media.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 9:23:23 PM
That's some of the most effective marketing I've seen in a while. Buy it now, because it isn't an iPhone otherwise and that's not cool, then buy a new one in a few months when it breaks/is replaced by a slightly different model! Oh, and it's hundreds of dollars for Apple every time.

Also, I have a growing suspicion that Apple is designing them to break. They used to have curved sides, so they flopped over when you inevitably dropped it, which usually doesn't cause as much damage. Now the newest model is shaped like a brick, so it just falls on the floor. My mom dropped her iPhone once, and it has a huge crack across the screen. My sister has an iPod touch that looks a lot like one of the older iPhones, and it's been dropped dozens of times and never broke. There's probably a lot of other factors contributing to that, but I still don't trust the iPhones.
webos1337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 9:28:52 PM
I think that alot of this depends on opinion and all this post will do is attract bias, stupid, and trollish fanboys. But here is my take,
iPhone is for the people who want a smartphone, but they cant give a flying crap how many megapixels their camera has or how many gigahertz there are in the processor. (Face it, Verizon & ATT are RIPS.)

Most android phones are bought by people who cant afford iphones data plans, were planning to buy an iPhone but the salesperson talked them into an Android or for the folks like tinkering with higher end handsets.

People with blackberries, webOS smart phones and symbian smartphones like using their devices to do something with their lives other than play games. People like these don't really care care how their phone looks or how many games it can play but what it can do for them in the real world.

Just my spin, tried to be unbiased....
Hello-Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 9:29:40 PM
There is so much truth and beauty to this post~
Given the point could have been easily made without such vulgar language, but still it's true!
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 9:35:46 PM
At 7/19/2011 9:28:52 PM, webos1337 wrote:
I think that alot of this depends on opinion and all this post will do is attract bias, stupid, and trollish fanboys. But here is my take,
iPhone is for the people who want a smartphone, but they cant give a flying crap how many megapixels their camera has or how many gigahertz there are in the processor. (Face it, Verizon & ATT are RIPS.)

Most android phones are bought by people who cant afford iphones data plans, were planning to buy an iPhone but the salesperson talked them into an Android or for the folks like tinkering with higher end handsets.

People with blackberries, webOS smart phones and symbian smartphones like using their devices to do something with their lives other than play games. People like these don't really care care how their phone looks or how many games it can play but what it can do for them in the real world.

Just my spin, tried to be unbiased....

You discredit my post, then paraphrase it. Manners mannaers.
webos1337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 9:45:54 PM
At 7/19/2011 9:35:46 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

*Manners.

Anyways, it is true to an EXTENT, MOST of the people who buy iPhones could fall for anything Apple could sell to them, which is brilliant on Apple's part but it is a shame that a the average consumer waltzes into a store without doing any research to buy their technology.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 9:53:37 PM
At 7/19/2011 9:45:54 PM, webos1337 wrote:
At 7/19/2011 9:35:46 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

*Manners.

Anyways, it is true to an EXTENT, MOST of the people who buy iPhones could fall for anything Apple could sell to them, which is brilliant on Apple's part but it is a shame that a the average consumer waltzes into a store without doing any research to buy their technology.

Its also sucking away all the possible developers from other devices.
webos1337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 10:35:46 PM
Developers are smart, they go for the platforms that make them MONEY. Infact, this is good for small devs. As other platforms are looking for devs, they are willing to bribe anyone who can contribute.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 11:00:56 PM
The universe is locked in an unending struggle with its inhabitants. Software developers are struggling to make programs more idiot-proof, and the universe is struggling to make stupider idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. Macs are proof of this phenomenon.

And the same can be said for 95% of Apples products [the 5% being the iPod and iTouch, beacuse you have to admit Apples portable media devices are pretty good even though my Pocket PC is better]
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
webos1337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 11:30:13 PM
Haha no, while you may not agree with hardware philosophies of apple, software on Macintosh is possibly the greatest thing ever for content creators. Final Cut Studio and Shake have probably been the most influential programs in the motion pictures industry and guess what, they are all Macintosh based. Saying that everyone that uses a Macintosh is retarded is well...retarded. This goes for ANYTHING, it doesnt matter what you're using, it matters how you use. Trust me, im no Apple fanboy but i do believe in some of the products they make.