Jump to topic:

ZenRobotics Brain and Recycler

Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:10:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Topic: ZenRobotics Brain is the name of the robotic control technology developed by ZenRobotics. The control technology utilizes multiple sensor inputs in realtime, reacts to changes and learns from its mistakes. The sensors can include e.g. Various camera types (visible light, spectrometric cameras like NIR), 3D scanners, haptics, transillumination, metal detectors etc. With enough sensors, ZenRobotics Brain can form a more comprehensive view of the waste stream than has so far been possible.

Using the sensor data, ZenRobotics Recycler can identify wanted items and raw materials from the waste stream and reclaim them for recycling. The ZenRobotics Brain is tasked with analysing and refining the sensor data into useful information using realtime data mining technology. The end result is a coherent view to all the relevant information and causal relationships.

Inspired by the human brain
A part of the ZenRobotics Brain control technology is an algorithm that is modeled on the real-life function of the human cerebellum. The cerebellum is responsible for e.g. the timing of our movements, fine-tuning, and overall coordination, whereas higher brain functions, for example the planning of the body's movements, is performed by the cerebral cortex.

http://www.zenrobotics.com...
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:19:41 PM
It looks like the thing takes more resources to build than it will ever obtain through recycleing.

Based on the picture, it can't handle a large amount of trash (has to be a thin layer). I don't see anything that indicates how fast it can go. But if the thing takes more resources to build than it saves, it is ultimately doomed.

And given that their slogan is "the company ya mamma warned you about." I have to wonder how serious this is (also given that it is a pretty small site with minimal details).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:37:01 PM
At 7/20/2011 5:19:41 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
It looks like the thing takes more resources to build than it will ever obtain through recycleing.

Based on the picture, it can't handle a large amount of trash (has to be a thin layer). I don't see anything that indicates how fast it can go. But if the thing takes more resources to build than it saves, it is ultimately doomed.

And given that their slogan is "the company ya mamma warned you about." I have to wonder how serious this is (also given that it is a pretty small site with minimal details).

Reply: I'm not sure what you were linking to, but there is no such slogan. Also, it is not a small site, it is an international one.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:42:24 PM
At 7/20/2011 5:37:01 PM, Tiel wrote:

Reply: I'm not sure what you were linking to, but there is no such slogan. Also, it is not a small site, it is an international one.

Now I'm even more convinced it is bogus. As you click around, if you look at the logo in the upper left corner, under where it says "zenrobotics," it displays a number of slightly witty comments.

So far there have been...

"the company ya mamma warned you about."
"Join us - we'll be the last to go."
"coding faster than humanly possible"
"Geniuses, singularity - what ever!"
"Hey! Where did the civilization go?"
"Humans! Those tiny insects! [THUNDER]"
"Putting the soul nd the funk to robots."
and many more!
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 6:00:58 PM
At 7/20/2011 5:42:24 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 7/20/2011 5:37:01 PM, Tiel wrote:

Now I'm even more convinced it is bogus. As you click around, if you look at the logo in the upper left corner, under where it says "zenrobotics," it displays a number of slightly witty comments.

So far there have been...

"the company ya mamma warned you about."
"Join us - we'll be the last to go."
"coding faster than humanly possible"
"Geniuses, singularity - what ever!"
"Hey! Where did the civilization go?"
"Humans! Those tiny insects! [THUNDER]"
"Putting the soul nd the funk to robots."
and many more!

Reply: Yes, I do agree. Something seems amiss. I will investigate.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 6:20:29 PM
On a more serious note.

I think that the technology used in this device is going to be very helpful in the future, I don't think that this particular device itself will be useful.

As mentioned earlier, It doesn't seem to be able to process a whole lot (pending how fast the belt moves). Though in a 2nd or 3rd generation of this concept might be something crossed with the BigDog robot, thus allowing it to simply be turned loose in junkyards and garbage pits to search for material to be reused.
avysk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 2:58:46 PM
Now I'm even more convinced it is bogus.

It is not bogus, I work in that company. And doing minimal googling you could find a lot of evidence (try googling, for example, "zenrobotics Reuters" to find Reuters video about us, including some prototypes in motion).

I also would like to mention that discussing the amount of resources needed to build the thing and its performance one should not forget that one builds the thing once and the inbound waste stream is there forever.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2011 5:43:43 PM
At 7/27/2011 2:58:46 PM, avysk wrote:
Now I'm even more convinced it is bogus.

It is not bogus, I work in that company. And doing minimal googling you could find a lot of evidence (try googling, for example, "zenrobotics Reuters" to find Reuters video about us, including some prototypes in motion).

I also would like to mention that discussing the amount of resources needed to build the thing and its performance one should not forget that one builds the thing once and the inbound waste stream is there forever.

So you claim that the thing will work forever? Lol at this.