Jump to topic:

Do you like the cars of today ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 9:44:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I do. I just got finished looking at some of the latest cars on a lot here in my city at a General Motors auto mall. And I was rather impressed with the selection
that they had there. I drive a Japanese car, but I have been itching to drive
an American one for some time. I may consider the Chevy Impala or Cruz.
I just love the designs and the image of them all. High quality and fuel efficient is a priority. But these new age automobiles are very high tech and filled with features that only existed in ones imagination long ago. Nissan, Toyota, Acura, Honda, Infiniti, Lexus, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Ford, Chevy, Chrysler. They have made some
incredible cars over the past 5 years with computers, naviagtional systems,
keyless entry, satellitte radio, etc. Who knows what they will think of next ?
What do you think ? Do you love these new cars of today ?
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 2:12:52 PM
At 8/8/2011 1:32:35 PM, inferno wrote:
By the way, what is your favorite car right now ?
And do you like these alternate brands such as Hyundai, Kia, and Scion.

Batmobile
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 2:14:42 PM
My favorite car is the Ferrari 458 Italia. I'm probably never gonna touch one, but I can still dream. Best V8 on the planet.
When Reach fell, I came.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 11:38:44 PM
At 8/8/2011 9:44:37 AM, inferno wrote:
I do. I just got finished looking at some of the latest cars on a lot here in my city at a General Motors auto mall. And I was rather impressed with the selection
that they had there. I drive a Japanese car, but I have been itching to drive
an American one for some time. I may consider the Chevy Impala or Cruz.
I just love the designs and the image of them all. High quality and fuel efficient is a priority. But these new age automobiles are very high tech and filled with features that only existed in ones imagination long ago. Nissan, Toyota, Acura, Honda, Infiniti, Lexus, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Ford, Chevy, Chrysler. They have made some
incredible cars over the past 5 years with computers, naviagtional systems,
keyless entry, satellitte radio, etc. Who knows what they will think of next ?
What do you think ? Do you love these new cars of today ?

If you are going to buy an American car buy a Ford. The last brand of car I would buy on this earth is a Govt Motors (GM) vehicle. They don't deserve to even exsist. Ya just take all the bond holder interests and just give it to the unions and tell the bond holders to go pound sand up their a@@. A real example of American capitalism and success, NOT!! GM and it's unions can go pound sand up their A@@es and they can drive their cars in to the Detroit river which is where they belong.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 6:37:35 PM
1969 vette, 1969 camaro ss, 1972 camaro ss, 1979 vette.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
webos1337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:28:13 PM
Chevy does make some OK cars, they're not terrible but they arent that great. Enter Ford, I think Ford is probably the best U.S. car maker for sedans. The new Ford Focus looks awesome...
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:24:31 PM
At 8/16/2011 6:37:35 PM, Tiel wrote:
1969 vette, 1969 camaro ss, 1972 camaro ss, 1979 vette.

Great cars. I would add the Charger, Challenger, Mustang, Chevelle, Firebird, Hemicuda, and Nova to that list as well. All from 1969, which in my opinion was the greatest year of cars in the history of the automobile.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
Godsconvervativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 10:09:04 PM
Yes I love the cars of today! my favorite one is the Ford Taurus Sho! and I also like the ford fusion, ford expedition, mercury millan, mercury mountaineer, acura integra, and other cars. I'm a big fan of cars, especially the new ones! I do wish they made new ones with more than five seats though. :) Yes I am a big Ford fan. :)
"John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave is only begotten son, That whosoever shall believeth on him, shall have ever lasting life"
Godsconservativegirl :)
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:11:53 PM
If I lived in America I'd never buy an imported car: I'd have a massive 1960' or 70's convertible with bench seats and a big V8 under the bonnet - I think they are great symbols of America's economic success and confidence during that period.

I'd have one here but they are often regarded (wrongly in my opinion) as vulgar, excessive and obscenely decadent.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 2:26:22 PM
At 10/6/2011 12:11:53 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
If I lived in America I'd never buy an imported car: I'd have a massive 1960' or 70's convertible with bench seats and a big V8 under the bonnet - I think they are great symbols of America's economic success and confidence during that period.

I'd have one here but they are often regarded (wrongly in my opinion) as vulgar, excessive and obscenely decadent.

Something like this...

http://www.motormatters.biz...

...though maybe not that colour.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:31:41 PM
Today's cars are very good. I have driven quite a few different makes as rentals, and the quality is uniformly high. I've been notable impressed with Hyundai.

In the US, the government suddenly slapped on pollution regulations in the early 70s, with the result that there were a lot of bad cars for years. It wasn't until the 80s that the industry figured out how to cope.

I once owned a 1972 Pontiac as a second car. It comfortably seated four people in the back seat, had a 450 cu in V-8, and got 9 miles per gallon. Well, 9 mpg on trips. They don't make 'em like that any more.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 9:22:55 AM
Cars of today are fracking pathetic. They are not made to be durable and last long, they are not made to be easy to maintain and repair, they are not made to be inexpensive to run, they are not made to be environmentally friendly - they are made to be an extension of your ego. They are like driving around big sleek penises. It's like that scene on idiocracy where they make the penis-car so big it can't even fit through the gate - we just want more horses, more on-board electronics, more sleek vanity. We want to be able to brag about what brand of car we have as if it changes our worth as a person. *puke*
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 7:40:38 AM
At 10/8/2011 9:22:55 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Cars of today are fracking pathetic. They are not made to be durable and last long, they are not made to be easy to maintain and repair, they are not made to be inexpensive to run, they are not made to be environmentally friendly - they are made to be an extension of your ego. They are like driving around big sleek penises. It's like that scene on idiocracy where they make the penis-car so big it can't even fit through the gate - we just want more horses, more on-board electronics, more sleek vanity. We want to be able to brag about what brand of car we have as if it changes our worth as a person. *puke*

Cars of today are amazing. You have those digital dashboards that have improved since the late 80's. They have navigational systems, rear view cameras, and satellite radio. They are durable and they do last a very long time. The materials they make now does not rust like it use to. And the underlying rigid body structure is in tact and not faulty like they were during the latter part of the 70's and 1980's.
The brakes are incredible and the airbag systems are divine. The speakers are awesome. Who needs to buy an extra car stereo when you can get 100 watts of power from the factory. Anyway, the cars of today are great and the buyers love them.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 7:42:54 AM
At 10/6/2011 12:11:53 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Brain. They have gone back to that era............The new Ford Mustang, Chevy Malibu, Chevy Camaro, Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger, The New Beetle, and so on and so on. These cars have really improved greatly and it is purely nostalgic.
Retro has made the car great again. Say cheese.