The all new 2012 Toyota Camry ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 9:24:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Was unveiled on yesterday to the world. I think that this car as it stands now
is probably the best in quality technically speaking. But I am still not sold on this Japanese icon. I do love Asian cars better than I like American ones, lets get that clear. I am a Honda fan though more so than anything. So this is why I am biased towards the Toyota Camry. If I had to choose between that, and the new Chevy Malibu, I would go with the Malibu. Style and substance both do matter to our
culture as we are materialistic by nature. So quality alone will not always do.
A car should be seen as a work of art, and there should be some creativity.
Practical is boring, which is why the Toyota Camry is more vulnerable that it has ever been. And with the current sales of American car comps, such as GM and Ford, they have to step their game up. We are on the upswing now. So far, we have the advantage if you ask me.
Are the Japs losing their edge ? What do you think ?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 11:05:21 AM
"The Japs"?

Anyway speaking of cars, i found the new Ford Taurus to be a huge improvement. I was quite impressed, and I'm not really into cars that much, but what they did to that fuddy duddy car is praise worthy. It's now a combo of a stylish luxury car to one of the renewed muscle cars. It made my head turn.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 11:11:47 AM
At 9/1/2011 11:09:57 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
The problem with car evaluations is that there are too many fans and not enough researchers.

The research is rather adequate if you ask me PARROT. I mean there is plenty of information online that gives people a more in depth analysis about what they are getting into.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 11:13:18 AM
At 9/1/2011 11:05:21 AM, innomen wrote:
"The Japs"?

Anyway speaking of cars, i found the new Ford Taurus to be a huge improvement. I was quite impressed, and I'm not really into cars that much, but what they did to that fuddy duddy car is praise worthy. It's now a combo of a stylish luxury car to one of the renewed muscle cars. It made my head turn.

I love the Taurus. It is an underrated car, right now anyway. It use to be the gold standard here in America in the late 80's and early 90's. It was even the best selling domestic car over Camry a few times before. Oh, those were the days.
Remember Innomen.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 12:31:00 PM
At 9/1/2011 11:13:18 AM, inferno wrote:
At 9/1/2011 11:05:21 AM, innomen wrote:
"The Japs"?

I love the Taurus. It is an underrated car, right now anyway. It use to be the gold standard here in America in the late 80's and early 90's. It was even the best selling domestic car over Camry a few times before. Oh, those were the days.
Remember Innomen.

Yeah i remember, there were a lot of crappy cars too. I remember the K car, i inherited one from my grandmother. Terrible cars.

I never thought much of the Taurus, but this new one is sharp.
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 10:05:03 PM
At 9/1/2011 3:54:58 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Internal combustion engines have been obsolete for decades, at least as applied to mass travel.
Can you go a day without making a relativist fallacy?

If ANYTHING, internal combustion engines would be the best tuned for mass travel. 73 miles to a charge in a Nissan Leaf will not get me to my farm in Covington Virginia, let alone last me my work-day and after-work shenanigans.

You know what, forget the contentions, they're not needed. What IS needed is for you to stay on topic rather than going off on a minimalist argument.

On-topic: My mother had a 2011 Camry; she liked it. I thought it was a bit touchy. She eventually sold it due to the evils of car-payments.
turn down for h'what
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 9:34:23 AM
I think it's kind of sad that we spend so much time and energy drooling over new designs of autos, which we buy largely just to make ourselves feel good. I mean, if it was just about travel (as you all would no doubt suggest) then style and luxury wouldn't be worth the extra money. It's just a petty status symbol and really goes to prove how shallow and materialistic we are.

Aaronroy, if the electric vehicle won't get you where you need to go, then chances are you have spread yourself out too much - that's an incredibly unsustainable way to live. People shouldn't be trying to travel hundreds of miles every day, because it's just a waste of resources. Live close to work, shop close to home, and spend more time enjoying your life and family instead of traveling.

I think we should start employing animal-based power instead of electric/hybrid/fuel cell. Then we can tell all the employees at the car manufacturers and automechanics to wipe off the grease for the last time and go home. If we only produced what we needed, instead of fapping off to 300 horse-power engines, sleek new designs, and luxury features to impress people that we are better than them, then a lot of people wouldn't have to work all day long to get what they need.
Rob