Send a Message
10/4/2011 7:50:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Another iPhone..

woop
de
f*cking
doo

Apple just prints out the same phone with a different shape and some stainless steel on it and people flock to it like the fcking second coming of jesus. Consumerism FTW.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 10:19:40 AM
At 10/4/2011 7:50:05 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Another iPhone..

woop
de
f*cking
doo

Apple just prints out the same phone with a different shape and some stainless steel on it and people flock to it like the fcking second coming of jesus. Consumerism FTW.

I think you're downplaying the changes made. They did more than change the shape and some stainless steel. While you can argue that the changes are not that important, you can't really argue that there weren't any.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 10:41:10 AM
At 10/5/2011 10:31:04 AM, Mirza wrote:
Not too impressive considering they had one year to make a whole new version, and these upgrades aren't that fascinating IMO.

They actually had a year and three months. It's pretty funny that their stock dropped $11 right after the confrence was over, because people didn't like the changes.

The only things that are remotely interesting and not standard upgrades are the camera loading speed (from the time you click on the camera app, you can take a picture in 1.1 seconds), that's something that's very annoying now, since my baby doesn't actually hold poses, and when I want to get a picture, my current phone takes about 5 seconds, so I often miss the opportunity.

And the voice control, though I'm sure they'll eventually offer variuos voices, languages, and additudes to go with it.

But the larger camera, standard, the faster processor, standard.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 10:45:06 AM
At 10/5/2011 10:41:10 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Not too impressive considering they had one year to make a whole new version, and these upgrades aren't that fascinating IMO.

They actually had a year and three months. It's pretty funny that their stock dropped $11 right after the confrence was over, because people didn't like the changes.

The only things that are remotely interesting and not standard upgrades are the camera loading speed (from the time you click on the camera app, you can take a picture in 1.1 seconds), that's something that's very annoying now, since my baby doesn't actually hold poses, and when I want to get a picture, my current phone takes about 5 seconds, so I often miss the opportunity.

And the voice control, though I'm sure they'll eventually offer variuos voices, languages, and additudes to go with it.

The rumors were that the 4S would come alongside iPhone 5 as a cheaper model, so people would still buy a new iPhone without having to buy the most expensive (5). That sounded reasonable. So far, it seems that if they are sticking to the 4S for a long while, it is too disappointing.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 10:57:07 AM
At 10/5/2011 10:45:06 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 10/5/2011 10:41:10 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

The rumors were that the 4S would come alongside iPhone 5 as a cheaper model, so people would still buy a new iPhone without having to buy the most expensive (5). That sounded reasonable. So far, it seems that if they are sticking to the 4S for a long while, it is too disappointing.

Yes, the rumor mill is churning out that 4G networks are not large and wide spread enough for Apple to release a 4G model yet. Since multiple studies have shown that iPhone uses use much more data than the average smart phone users, there may be some merit to that other than just stalling.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 12:04:17 PM
The voice thing seems alright, but I watched some news program last night where this guy tested it out. He asked it (in a clear voice) what the most watched TV show is at night. Strangely, the phone started searching for local electronic stores.

I like the camera thing though. A really good thing they could do is add another button to the side of the phone, and you can set it to where once you press the button, any one app that you designated to that button will load instantly without having to turn it back on, search for the app, and press it. You could make the camera load even faster this way.