Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Reasons to dislike (Apple)

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 12:25:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 8:32:43 AM, Lasagna wrote:
definitely: the people who use them.

You dislike 90% of people?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 3:43:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 8:32:43 AM, Lasagna wrote:
definitely: the people who use them.

Fvck you. Nothing about Apple sucks. The products are amazing.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:00:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 3:43:55 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 10/7/2011 8:32:43 AM, Lasagna wrote:
definitely: the people who use them.

Fvck you. Nothing about Apple sucks. The products are amazing.

If only "f*** you" could win arguments.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:03:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 4:00:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/7/2011 3:43:55 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 10/7/2011 8:32:43 AM, Lasagna wrote:
definitely: the people who use them.

Fvck you. Nothing about Apple sucks. The products are amazing.

If only "f*** you" could win arguments.

I only need two arguments to win any debate.

1) "Fvck you!"
2) 12 gauge
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:13:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
They repackage technology that was already invented to be shinier and more likely to break.

To hell with that.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:16:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 4:13:00 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
They repackage technology that was already invented to be shinier and more likely to break.

To hell with that.

That's what all major companies do, but Apple does it less.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:17:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 4:03:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/7/2011 4:00:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/7/2011 3:43:55 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 10/7/2011 8:32:43 AM, Lasagna wrote:
definitely: the people who use them.

Fvck you. Nothing about Apple sucks. The products are amazing.

If only "f*** you" could win arguments.

I only need two arguments to win any debate.

1) "Fvck you!"
2) 12 gauge

win
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:18:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think Apple is a great company that makes great products. They win based upon ease of use, and that's what most people care about above all else.

I don't like the downside of ease of use of the computers, which is that they are full of hidden files, nonstandard formats, and locked-up areas that make them hard to repair or modify. I think the idea is to keep users from messing with things that shouldn't be messed with. That's fine most of the time, but when something doesn't work or needs to be modify for an unanticipated purpose, it's way more difficult than a PC.

Apple also restricts hardware compatibility. Many specialized cards are available for PCs that are not available for Apple computers. That generally rules them out for engineering applications that require special interfaces.

From time-to-time they have "brilliant" ideas that are way off base. In the late 90s Apple required a software license for developers that gave them the right to copy and sell everything you did. That was so obnoxious I stopped developing for Apple and purged my company of anything made by Apple. Some years after that I talked to someone at Apple who said that had been a big mistake and that they had changed the policy to something conventional. It was enough to permanently scare me away from developing on Apple.

None of my complaints should bother ordinary users of Apple products. Keep within the bounds of what the products are designed for and there are few problems.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:22:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 4:18:44 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I think Apple is a great company that makes great products. They win based upon ease of use, and that's what most people care about above all else.

I don't like the downside of ease of use of the computers, which is that they are full of hidden files, nonstandard formats, and locked-up areas that make them hard to repair or modify. I think the idea is to keep users from messing with things that shouldn't be messed with. That's fine most of the time, but when something doesn't work or needs to be modify for an unanticipated purpose, it's way more difficult than a PC.

Apple also restricts hardware compatibility. Many specialized cards are available for PCs that are not available for Apple computers. That generally rules them out for engineering applications that require special interfaces.

From time-to-time they have "brilliant" ideas that are way off base. In the late 90s Apple required a software license for developers that gave them the right to copy and sell everything you did. That was so obnoxious I stopped developing for Apple and purged my company of anything made by Apple. Some years after that I talked to someone at Apple who said that had been a big mistake and that they had changed the policy to something conventional. It was enough to permanently scare me away from developing on Apple.

None of my complaints should bother ordinary users of Apple products. Keep within the bounds of what the products are designed for and there are few problems.

overachiever :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:28:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Apple is able to carry a much higher profit margin per machine than any of the windows products. Technology products have generally a miserable profit margin when compared to other commodities, but Apple has marketed itself, and created a loyalty that has permitted this benefit to those who own stock.

To those who are buying it, know that you are paying for a name, and reputation.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:48:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 4:28:21 PM, innomen wrote:
Apple is able to carry a much higher profit margin per machine than any of the windows products. Technology products have generally a miserable profit margin when compared to other commodities, but Apple has marketed itself, and created a loyalty that has permitted this benefit to those who own stock.

To those who are buying it, know that you are paying for a name, and reputation.

Going off of that, I'd say now is a good time to buy Apple Stock. It took two back to back hits. One being non-business related (which means it inaccurately lowers the value of the stock and that value will come back).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:52:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 4:48:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/7/2011 4:28:21 PM, innomen wrote:
Apple is able to carry a much higher profit margin per machine than any of the windows products. Technology products have generally a miserable profit margin when compared to other commodities, but Apple has marketed itself, and created a loyalty that has permitted this benefit to those who own stock.

To those who are buying it, know that you are paying for a name, and reputation.

Going off of that, I'd say now is a good time to buy Apple Stock. It took two back to back hits. One being non-business related (which means it inaccurately lowers the value of the stock and that value will come back).

Maybe. It's still not a cheap stock to buy, and you're gambling that Job's impact on running the company will continue without him.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 6:43:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 4:52:29 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/7/2011 4:48:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/7/2011 4:28:21 PM, innomen wrote:
Apple is able to carry a much higher profit margin per machine than any of the windows products. Technology products have generally a miserable profit margin when compared to other commodities, but Apple has marketed itself, and created a loyalty that has permitted this benefit to those who own stock.

To those who are buying it, know that you are paying for a name, and reputation.

Going off of that, I'd say now is a good time to buy Apple Stock. It took two back to back hits. One being non-business related (which means it inaccurately lowers the value of the stock and that value will come back).

Maybe. It's still not a cheap stock to buy, and you're gambling that Job's impact on running the company will continue without him.

No, it's not cheap. But I also think that it is a safe gamble to make. Apple is more than just Steve Jobs. Jobs was one hell of a brilliant man, but his most brilliant thing, was finding and attracting other brilliant people. Besides, Pixar has done pretty well since Jobs left it (pretty much left, I think he remained on as a board member).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:21:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
RIP STEVE JOBS ALL ARGUMENTS INVALID!!!1!!11!!

Apple products are good, but they tend to be overpriced and able to be found under a different brand for a better price with the same or higher specs.
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 9:16:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The people who use them tend to be stuck-up and metro. "blah blah blah blah... can't do anything without my iTampons in or I can't leave me house..." Just STFU... all these idiots are going to be waiting in line overnight to rush some stores to get this new iPhone as if it has features they CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT. What a bunch of tools - highly dependent on these products and addicted to the culture of wasting money on useless junk. The obsession with these devices is similar to a redneck who jacks up his truck or a gang-banger who wears lots of jewelry - pure vanity.
Rob