Jump to topic:

For the Facebook savvy...

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 10:05:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
For some reason my Facebook statuses seemed to have been set to private. I have no idea how or why, but I am the only one who can see them. Under privacy settings, I have it checked so that my default privacy (who can see my status updates and things I post) is set to Friends, so I dunno why this is happening. I've looked around a bit at other aspects of the privacy controls, but can't seem to figure out how to change this. Does anyone have any ideas?
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 11:02:42 AM
At 10/22/2011 10:05:37 AM, Danielle wrote:
For some reason my Facebook statuses seemed to have been set to private. I have no idea how or why, but I am the only one who can see them. Under privacy settings, I have it checked so that my default privacy (who can see my status updates and things I post) is set to Friends, so I dunno why this is happening. I've looked around a bit at other aspects of the privacy controls, but can't seem to figure out how to change this. Does anyone have any ideas?:

It may be a ploy by Facebook to get you to drop all your settings down (marketers pay FB lots of money for knowing your personal likes so they can sureptitiously market to you). Facebook has been caught red-handed undoing people's own privacy settings without their knowledge or consent. This may be their latest tactic to get you to do it voluntarily and then claim that it was just a "technical issue" or a "glitch."

OR it really is a glitch because their servers are supporting 1/3 of the world!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2011 5:11:31 PM
It sounds like a software bug. I don't know how to fix it, but one thing to try is to change the setting to a different option, then change it back to what you want. That may case the code to reset. After that fails, contact Facebook support.