Jump to topic:

Computer help

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 12:52:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So the reason for my relative low activity is that my computer seems to have given up and I'm posting from my phone.

It's only a year old but it's been having a lot of problems. First, the screen went out. Rather than getting a knew screen I just hooked it up to a monitor I had. Second, my computer has decided to mostly stop functioning with the monitor. The monitor is fine but it seems the only time it works is when the words come up saying that the computer was shut down improperly(because the screen was black and I couldn't) and then the rest would be visible once I selected the safe mode option from that screen. Third, that screen is no longer coming up. Now it's says there is an error and I need to run a problem fixer thing. But when I select the fixer nothing happens. The only other option it gives is to open windows normally. But this option also only leads back to the same screen.

So...is it toast? I would assume so. I make the desperate question because I was in the process of writing a book and I unfortunately haven't backed it up in any other location. Sucks, man.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2011 8:04:34 PM
And it seems this avatar will be the one you guys are stuck with until I buy a new computer.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 1:28:41 AM
It is hard to say.

I'm a big computer nerd, I built the computer I'm using right now...

But if I get you right, your monitor works until your operating system starts working. If that is the case, I would recommend running avast and/or malware bytes in safe mode.

It looks like you've decided to run off from all that virtual sh!t though, and experience the bob-virtual world. I support you in your decision when it comes to that, but if you come back, and what I am saying is still relevant, do it. If your monitor still shows information at the boot up, I don't think it is a hardware issue. Try running those programs I suggested in safe mode.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 1:32:28 AM
At 11/6/2011 1:28:41 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
It is hard to say.

HAHA me too man!!

But if I get you right, your monitor works until your operating system starts working. If that is the case, I would recommend running avast and/or malware bytes in safe mode.

It looks like you've decided to run off from all that virtual sh!t though, and experience the bob-virtual world. I support you in your decision when it comes to that, but if you come back, and what I am saying is still relevant, do it. If your monitor still shows information at the boot up, I don't think it is a hardware issue. Try running those programs I suggested in safe mode.

really?
Not a hardware issue?
No i mean there might be a problem hardware wise don't you think.
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 1:54:15 AM
At 11/4/2011 12:52:20 AM, FREEDO wrote:
So the reason for my relative low activity is that my computer seems to have given up and I'm posting from my phone.

It's only a year old but it's been having a lot of problems. First, the screen went out. Rather than getting a knew screen I just hooked it up to a monitor I had. Second, my computer has decided to mostly stop functioning with the monitor. The monitor is fine but it seems the only time it works is when the words come up saying that the computer was shut down improperly(because the screen was black and I couldn't) and then the rest would be visible once I selected the safe mode option from that screen. Third, that screen is no longer coming up. Now it's says there is an error and I need to run a problem fixer thing. But when I select the fixer nothing happens. The only other option it gives is to open windows normally. But this option also only leads back to the same screen.

So...is it toast? I would assume so. I make the desperate question because I was in the process of writing a book and I unfortunately haven't backed it up in any other location. Sucks, man.

okay since you left i don't know how i m gonna help u but...
first tell me the specific of your computer.
I recommend getting a new screen or check your inside of the computer.
If you have a graphic card then check if its not loose. :P
seriously.
And ummmm....
just get a new screen it might be the fact that your computer and the monitor doesn't work together well.
Ummm
yeah it sucks dude, but write the words that come up on the monitor for me here, if you come back on DDO
I mean i guess i can't help you much since you aren't here anymore.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 10:48:46 PM
At 11/6/2011 1:28:41 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
It is hard to say.

Does not compute.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 11:49:57 PM
At 11/6/2011 1:32:28 AM, nerdykiller wrote:
really?
Not a hardware issue?
No i mean there might be a problem hardware wise don't you think.

Actually, it probably is if he can't go into safe mode anymore.

I didn't really read his post too thoroughly, it looks like.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2011 4:59:13 PM
At 11/4/2011 12:52:20 AM, FREEDO wrote:

I am not so much the computer nerd but have learned a few things. If you "can" back up your files, do so imeadiately. If you "can't" you will lose everything if you try my fix. This has worked every single time my computer started screwing up. Restore your computer back to the day it was first turned on. Ya, you will have to input all your settings and everything. But this gets rid of everything that ails a computer short of hardware malfunctions. Again don't do this if you are concerned about losing files and pictures.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Mikeee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2011 9:52:39 PM
I'm 99% sure it is your graphics card is messed up, outdated, or is not compatible with the monitor your using, probably won't read this, sorry I could have posted this earlier, just saw it now...